SAU Community

Rh Front Wheel Arch Tidy Up

Hey guys new to skylines australia but not to the scene, have been working on my car for a few months now just cleaning the underbody and getting everything back to either 'clean' or 'new'

Most recently did the RH front wheel arch incl calipers etc and re roadsealing just after some opinions from people to see if you think it looks good or tacky? Let me know

BTW, its not just a quick spray over job, everythings been individually degreased disassembled, sanded back then resprayed properly.

post-65042-1248440304_thumb.jpg

post-65042-1248440321_thumb.jpg

Edited by karmine-ent

looks really good if you ask me. can i ask what you used for the black on the plastic? i have used some stuff in the past but was thick like tar and a pain to apply.

i personally think the worst thing on a car is when you have nice wheels.. whatever they might be and during the day or at night when you get the headlights shining through the wheel.. all you can see if brown dirt and crap that accumulates from driving over the years. when its nice and black it all looks fresh and new and clean under there.

Thanks guys, for the plastic i just degreased then sprayed matt black and used 'septone' body deadner from super cheap auto on the arches seems to be alright.

I got the idea from my mechanic when he put it up on the hoist he said this is one of the tidiest 32s hes ever seen and im lucky to not have a rusty one, I thought I might as well make something good 'better' while its off the road. Hopefully when its all done soon ill get more pics of the underbody. It doesnt cost much at all to do this its just the hours of labour

Looks fantastic!! Something i've always wanted to do just didn't know whether it would be worth the effort. After seeing those photos i think you have convinced me :rofl: Good work buddy.

just redone my interior from previous owners damage, now im goin to clean up the wheel arches especially the brake calipers looks awsuM! How long did it take u to do it?

Cheers guys. Yeah 2 days...I havnt been completely honest it was more like 2 afternoons haha at best 9 hours work but could be done in less time with a simple degrease and spray/paint just to achieve a result. Im just a bit anal, will get more pics up as they come

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys been pretty slack lately ive finally got the whole front underbody section done though and its looking pretty spiffy underneath. Its taken a while and believe me its not the best fun under there with grease and dust everywhere and limited room to manouvre anything but im making a little progress...Heres a couple of pics

What you think? You can see where ive stopped with the road seal, im about to start on that area back today

post-65042-1250547304_thumb.jpg

post-65042-1250547319_thumb.jpg

post-65042-1250547332_thumb.jpg

Thanks mate, pretty happy with how its all coming up, looks great in person. Slowly getting down the the back of the car will get pics up as progres comes.

Just a general question, Im in the market for an R34 gtr, so if one comes along I may have to sell this, just wondering what sort of interest there would be in a car thats had this sort of work done to this standard? Any comments would be great, what sort of money would you pay?

• 3 weeks later...

brilliant man! the work many neglect is the sign of a true perfectionist and to the not knowing eye, it screams tidy for sure no matter what angle. Its amazing what blacking things out and refreshing body deadener etc can do.