SAU Community

Vic Hoon Blitz Friday Night

97R33MSPEC

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just looking for confirmation but was talking to a mate who reckons Friday night out at dandy there were a couple of TOGIES getting round in a 33 with external gate? i guess trying to bait ppl. but just wondering if anyone has seen or herd anything similar?

I just want to add that i did not start this thread to have a stab at the police, my father was a long serving policeman and my older brother has just joined so i in no way have anything against the po-po. The only reason the police get a bad rap is because 9/10 times it is f*ck-wit drivers that mouth off to police that make the police act in the way that they do, if you give the officers the correct amount of respect then you will 7/10 come out allright, for example:

Earlier friday night around 7:30-8:00 my mate in his 180 and i went for a little drive to an industrial area in the SE suburbs. we went there purely to drive around. we were there for about 30mins while my friend was learning his car which he just purchased that day. now it was a pretty spirited drving session but nothing that was reckless. while we were there the cops arrived as you would expect. i approached the officers with a nice positive friendly persona and started to have a talk to the police about my R33. i told them straight up that my friend was here to learn his new car as it was safer to do it here then on the streets and endanger others. the officers agreed with this and as long as we werent doin burn-outs they didnt mind. Now the officers did everything in there job discription for that pick-up. they ensured we werent doing anything that would endanger the public, which is the root concern for the POLICE department. Now i can honestly say that im sure that there would be endless amounts of drivers out there that would just turn into negative morons as soon as they see police, for them i am sure that there night wouldve ended badly right there.

This then continued later in the evening when we went to pick up my mates girlfriend from knox. i got pulled up and immediately started chatting to the cops when they then asked me to follow them down for a vehicle test. when we got down the back they asked me to pop my bonnet and proceeded to inspect the vehicle. few moments later i was on my way, sure they could have done me for being too low as my car is, but they could see that i wasnt a f**kwit and had a genuine respect for them and i always show them that they are the superior in that given situation. they like that.

all was fine and was done with it. and as for peddit, he has is own agenda and reasons for doing what he does. you guys have to realise a few things. (and i dont mean to sound like ya mum or dad but f**k it)

1. He knows imports and is not doing anything wrong. we are the ones modifying them, you dont like it, dont f**k with em.

2. He has had close experiences with imports and knows how they can effect lives.

3. he along with all cops dont like when ppl act dumb and try to treat cops like there morons.

all i wanna say is if you treat cops right and show respect, you will be fine. i got pulled up 3 times on friday with a car that could fairly easily be deffected, but was fine in all cases. all from being polite and curtious.

just stop and think about that next time you see the flashing lights, its probably just a friendly check. most of the time they wont be walking up to your drivers door thinking "How can i f**k this guys night up???"

The only reason the police get a bad rap is because 9/10 times it is f*ck-wit drivers that mouth off to police that make the police act in the way that they do, if you give the officers the correct amount of respect then you will 7/10 come out allright

so 10% of the time cops act the way they do even if you're not a smart ass, and of that 30% of the time you're guranteed to get dicked?

lol I agree with your post, I've never met a cop whose agenda it is to get my car off the street. I think it comes down the adrenaline rush that comes as soon as you get pulled over, if you can compose yourself and talk to the cops you can usually help them do their job and not suffer in the process.

I just want to add that i did not start this thread to have a stab at the police, my father was a long serving policeman and my older brother has just joined so i in no way have anything against the po-po. The only reason the police get a bad rap is because 9/10 times it is f*ck-wit drivers that mouth off to police that make the police act in the way that they do, if you give the officers the correct amount of respect then you will 7/10 come out allright, for example:

Earlier friday night around 7:30-8:00 my mate in his 180 and i went for a little drive to an industrial area in the SE suburbs. we went there purely to drive around. we were there for about 30mins while my friend was learning his car which he just purchased that day. now it was a pretty spirited drving session but nothing that was reckless. while we were there the cops arrived as you would expect. i approached the officers with a nice positive friendly persona and started to have a talk to the police about my R33. i told them straight up that my friend was here to learn his new car as it was safer to do it here then on the streets and endanger others. the officers agreed with this and as long as we werent doin burn-outs they didnt mind. Now the officers did everything in there job discription for that pick-up. they ensured we werent doing anything that would endanger the public, which is the root concern for the POLICE department. Now i can honestly say that im sure that there would be endless amounts of drivers out there that would just turn into negative morons as soon as they see police, for them i am sure that there night wouldve ended badly right there.

This then continued later in the evening when we went to pick up my mates girlfriend from knox. i got pulled up and immediately started chatting to the cops when they then asked me to follow them down for a vehicle test. when we got down the back they asked me to pop my bonnet and proceeded to inspect the vehicle. few moments later i was on my way, sure they could have done me for being too low as my car is, but they could see that i wasnt a f**kwit and had a genuine respect for them and i always show them that they are the superior in that given situation. they like that.

all was fine and was done with it. and as for peddit, he has is own agenda and reasons for doing what he does. you guys have to realise a few things. (and i dont mean to sound like ya mum or dad but f**k it)

1. He knows imports and is not doing anything wrong. we are the ones modifying them, you dont like it, dont f**k with em.

2. He has had close experiences with imports and knows how they can effect lives.

3. he along with all cops dont like when ppl act dumb and try to treat cops like there morons.

all i wanna say is if you treat cops right and show respect, you will be fine. i got pulled up 3 times on friday with a car that could fairly easily be deffected, but was fine in all cases. all from being polite and curtious.

just stop and think about that next time you see the flashing lights, its probably just a friendly check. most of the time they wont be walking up to your drivers door thinking "How can i f**k this guys night up???"

Sure you didn't drop your fathers name ?

The whole cops trying to do their job thing is often true, but not always. If your guesstimated percentage was correct, then you are saying 30% of the time you can expect poor treatment. That is unacceptable for someone trying to serve the community.

I have seen cops out to ruin people's days/night/etc. In fact I have seen a cop approach a drivers side window and almost literally say "I am gonna mess your night up son."

It goes both ways... there are dicks in every line of work, there are corrupt people in every line of work. People from every line of work have bad days and take it out on other people. Unfortunately for us, if the Police choose the dick/corrput path or have a bad day which they want to take out on someone then they can seriously impact the lives of others, more so than many other professions.

For the record I am 30, in a suit and tie most of the time and don't generally get pulled up. When I do, I look respectable and speak politely. Even then I have cops with chips on their shoulders who seem to hate me for the car I drive. That's not really healthy.

++++1 for borrowing a stocker last weekend.

For the record I am 30, in a suit and tie most of the time and don't generally get pulled up. When I do, I look respectable and speak politely. Even then I have cops with chips on their shoulders who seem to hate me for the car I drive. That's not really healthy.

I could have written this myself, but you've saved me the time.

This bliitz is understandable though. You just have to look four threads below this one and you'll see a p-plater gloating about crashing his R34 while drifting on the streets. Unfortunately our cars stand out, so if someone does act like a retard it will stick in a persons mind.

i was there at the knox defect station at the back, witnessed guys being tools and talking like smartasses to the cops..they got fu*t even harder.

i was nice wasnt giving any attitude (except for the epa tester who was trying to tell me i did something when i hadnt with the exhaust), one cop said my car was too low with the kit but they let me off with that. its all about how you approach the situation unless a cop just has it out for you.

97R33MSPEC, I used to think just like you...as did Ash (R31Nismoid). I am polite and courteous everytime I get pulled over. I offer police respect, but no more than I would any other stranger. They are not superior to me in any way, they are just there to enforce the law...it doesn't put them "above me" in any situation. Related: If I've broken the law you will never hear a "sorry officer" out me. I've committed a crime against the state, not the police officer. When I hear of people saying this to police...it sounds just like a child trying to get out of punishment because they've been taught to say sorry when they've done something wrong. So no, I don't think you should treat the police any different to a stranger unless you plan on trying to feed a power trip (that may or may not exist) in hopes of getting off.

I have had many a good experience with decent officers over the years, but they are not robots running on predetermined logic...there ARE plenty of shit cops who will have no problem taking out frustration or a slow day on you. Given the number of corrupt (and caught for it) police out there when it comes to drugs and violence, you can't think that the TMU are exempt from something so easy to get away with.

If you think Pettit (I've given up trying to spell his last name) isn't doing anything wrong...then you've never been pulled over by him. Not everyone getting dicked by the police is mouthing off to them. I think you'll find most people shit themselves and turn into submissive little puppy dogs when police turn up at the scene.

You'll change your mind the day you get unfairly done for something not expensive enough to justify taking to court (only to find out that your word against the police means nothing), but enough to take a decent chunk out of your income.

Agreed, there is a difference between doing your job and just being a plain old asshole and Pettit is a class A one at that. I always use manners but the minute I'm not shown any in response that's out the window. Ahhhh how I'll enjoy waving at Pettit from my new car come October.