SAU Community

So Whats Happening With Everyones 4 Door?

CeJay

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

too many cefiros are sitting on jacks not going, people, mine also, put the head on the 30/26 today, not far away now, yes sir, been spending a far bit of time with my new born, alot more important than the car at the moment.

mine had a slight fire in the engine bay.. power steering fluid boiled onto my heat shield for my turbo and did some burny's on my wiring loom and now laurie oats doesnt run too well..

add mine to being on jacks, was driving back from work on friday and suddenly steam from under the bonnet, thought I busted the radiator, so pulled into a servo and let it cool. topped it up and got home... saturday morning pressure tested the radiator and nothing, no leaks... so filled it back up and let it run, to see coolant dripping from the engine. no oil, so must be head gasket. dropped it off at the shop today and driving the 32 now :blink:

Ha ha!! seeming like a common occurence here,

mine ceff sitting in the shed, doesn't need anything really doing to it as such, but the Laurel on the other hand, GRR!!! had the bonnet flip up on my so need a new screen, bonnet etc etc, got new wheels for it but no money for tyres, and spacers to fit up the slr style guards on the rear like on the front!!

• 3 weeks later...

Well as I mentioned in my other thread, someone put a brick through the windscreen back in April and I've been waiting on Nissan to get me a replacement.

Got my garage to ring the dealer today and Nissan say they have no record of us having ever ordering a Ceffy windscreen, and if we want one it'll be 5 weeks for Nissan Japan to accept the order a few weeks for them to fulfill it and then a couple of months to ship it to the UK by boat.

F**king incompetent useless f**king shower of stupid lazy bastards.

So spoke to my garage and the insurance company, and they've agreed to let me buy it myself from Motorsport IRS in Japan who reckon they can get it in 2-3 weeks from Japan for Y87,000 and then send it in a crate via air mail for Y70,000 - Y90,000 so in theory I should have it within a month.

The garage will reimburse me the money as soon as they get the invoide and/or my credit card statement.

Hopefully I'll be back on the road within a month, which will be nice as 3rd gear has broken off my Volvo 940 and if I can just keep it running long enough in this state without having to buy a new gearbox I'll be rather happy.

the motor or the whole car? :cool: , i say put it together :D . a cheap ebay manifold will do?

my updates: yellow sub is sitting at the back of a workshop collecting dust after i finished the 5spd convo, cbf with it atm , laurel got it's lag issue sorted , but still doesn't feel like 200rwk and ceffy is still in my shed getting its dent repaired , i pulled the 20 out and put it back in (was about to fit 25 but want to get it complied/reg first) . I also started repairing the bodykit to put back on so it can be all pretty in nov :D

Edited by toffy

My updates: New exhaust manifold and split dump pipe, painted ready to rock and roll, just gotta get the old dump pipe off somehow...grrr.

Broken studd is OUT.

Engine bay is getting a gradual clean.

Should be rockin in a few weeks for paint and windshields.

• 3 weeks later...

some photos of the 30, nismo turbos, probably a little small, boost comes in a around 2300 and full boost at about 3200, motor is going well, have not got it tuned yet, heaps more torque than the 26, on one of the photos you can see one of my home made sump extentions, now takes around 7 litres of oil.

Attached thumbnail(s) img-resized.png Reduced 77%post-40584-1253424601_thumb.jpg 640 x 480 (139.51K)//img-resized.png Reduced 77%post-40584-1253424985_thumb.jpg 640 x 480 (128.12K)//img-resized.png Reduced 77%post-40584-1253425008_thumb.jpg 640 x 480 (147.08K)//img-resized.png Reduced 77%post-40584-1253425071_thumb.jpg 640 x 480 (103.16K)//

img-resized.png Reduced 95%post-40584-1253425674_thumb.jpg 2632 x 1808 (747.07K)//

New wheels and brakes are on, just waiting on my silkroad coilovers and rays lug nuts from japan...

Heres a pic...

DSCF0136.jpg

Haha mmm picture this exactly the way it is but swap those rims for sum work vs mx, 18x9 +13 front and

18x11 +0 on the rear, well that'll be the look once mine is finished, waiting on rims now, then Ill

be gettin car into my work to do 25 transplant out of my wrecked ceffy, gonna be sweet once my

catalogue of parts sittin at home finally dust themselves off and find there way onto my stocker.

^^ Next weekend is a long weekend, I think you should do the transplant then :ninja:

I'm painting the insides of mine at the moment (inside the doors, inside the boot, engine bay, etc), to make the paint job even CHEAPER.

Coilovers coming soon, exhaust, kit, paint, and hopefully a Cefiro by Christmas...otherwise I'll just be broke, and pissed off.

Haha yeah I'd love to get it done then, perfect amount of time, but I still don't have a couple

of bits an pieces left like injector plugs, for the sards, bm44 brake master cyl, assorted fittings

for fuel lines, catch can kit and there might be a couple of other things I might be forgetting,

have to make a list