SAU Community

Midpipe And Transmission Oil Swap

70RTY

On Friday I replaced my stock midpipe with a Challenge Stainless Steel midpipe and swapped the Nissan transmission oil for the Willall product.

Challenge Midpipe:

004.jpg

Willall Transmission Fluid:

005.jpg

The GTR up on the lift:

003.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

001.jpg

Old midpipe:

008.jpg

009.jpg

New midpipe installed:

013.jpg

Rear Carbon tray:

007.jpg

As others have reported, the GTR now sounds awesome under acceleration and when blipping the throttle on down changes. The transmission seems quieter with the Willall TM oil.

Nice man, looks like a nice pipe. I'm really wanting to get a Ypipe upgrade too but worried about excessive drone or sound. Want a nice grown but not a big drone. Is this a good pipe a good sound that isn't annoying with its drone at daily driving? Everything runs smooth after install?

Everything was fine after install - no warning lights or anything which isn't surprising as the exhaust sensors are located upstream of the midpipe. I chose this midpipe because it had no reports of drone. I would recommend you listen to some midpipes to settle on the one that sounds right for you. I would be happy to meet up if you want to listen to mine.

Everything was fine after install - no warning lights or anything which isn't surprising as the exhaust sensors are located upstream of the midpipe. I chose this midpipe because it had no reports of drone. I would recommend you listen to some midpipes to settle on the one that sounds right for you. I would be happy to meet up if you want to listen to mine.

Awesome glad to hear everything runs well after install. The R35 so needs a proper exhaust growl and might as well throw a Ypipe on the JDM's make them even more special. I'd really appreciate coming up for a visit to Brisbabe in a couple of weeks once I get my 35 back. (should get my car back this week all going well, got delayed need a Con3 to tweak clutches as there too tight. But appears you were right about someone getting a Con3 in QLD which is a godsend ;-)

Hit you up in PM once i get my car back. Cheer man

I must say one thing that surprised me was the weight of the factory midpipe. It weights about 20kg, the Willall one I bought weights about 10.

Congrats on the mod, I am getting the trans and diff oil replaced with the willall stuff next week. Good to hear the positive feedback.

Cheers.

I love to get on the pipe.............. hard to get off once you are on it!

Willall fluid is great too. I am doing their engine & diff oil as well shortly.

• 6 months later...

I think the Challenge Mid pipe cost me approx. US$625 plus shipping. Before I bought my car I asked Nissan whether fitting a midpipe would cause issues with my warranty. The salesman informed me that it could affect my warranty.