SAU Community

Need Help With A Problem With My Gtr.

Gday all i have only had my gtr for a month or so im trying to get it sorted befor i goto powercruise.

My problem is when im driving along on the high way sitting at around 100ks from time to time ill get a miss for no reason.Will be humming along perfectly then a miss.Does not happen all the time it just happens at random.

even when crusing around town ill be going threw the gears up to about 2 to 3k revs and i get a slight miss.

What could it be.

I have an idea but id rather ask the pros on here befor i put up what i think so i don t push the topic in the wrong direction.

Mods are

power fc

apexi power intake kit

PE denzo 700 injectors

hks 2530s turbos.

irtop 8s plugs new gaped

Edited by Gtir-keiron

Sounds like it could be the "microstutter" problem to me. Inherent with certain revisions of the PowerFC. Nothing to worry about if it is, have the same issues with my PFC, more of an annoyance than anything

My GTS4 with the rb26 in it has got a miss that im trying to nut out at the moment too. Just a intermitent miss were there car would drop a cyl and stay like that for a period of driving for about 2-3 mins and then it would come back to life firing on all cyl. WEIRD!!! ;)

Ive just recently changed my coil packs to yellow jackets so it aint that and ive check wiring harness for coil packs, all good and also the sparkies. The one thing i have done different so far is changing the ignitor to another one as a test. Since doing this last night and driving the car today, everything is sweeeeet. Well so far. ;)

I will keep ya informed on how it goes over the weekend as i keep driving it. It was most of the time when you drove the car it would miss so hopefully changing the ignitor is the answer.

It may be the answer for you. Will keep ya posted! :)

Hi,

The miss could be a number of things.

First is your plugs.

Second is the Coil packs.

Third is the coil loom..ie plugs and wire cables

fourth could be your ignitor not getting earth.

Fifth could the PFC as everyone has stated.

Sixth could be your tune.

Seventh could be what I think I have...air bubbles in coolant.

Tried bleeding a few times but never gets hot enough.

Although not a miss..it sometimes feels like one.

Eight could be your pedal...you could hit a slight hump causing your pedal to let go and

engage again..this happened more to me until I changed my spring rates.

or Ninth thing could be that one of your injectors is rooted..or maybe a few.

Don't think I left anything out...oh..don't think about it to much.....

Its not the easiest thing to live with a gtr...lol.

Hi,

The miss could be a number of things.

First is your plugs.

Second is the Coil packs.

Third is the coil loom..ie plugs and wire cables

fourth could be your ignitor not getting earth.

Fifth could the PFC as everyone has stated.

Sixth could be your tune.

Seventh could be what I think I have...air bubbles in coolant.

Tried bleeding a few times but never gets hot enough.

Although not a miss..it sometimes feels like one.

Eight could be your pedal...you could hit a slight hump causing your pedal to let go and

engage again..this happened more to me until I changed my spring rates.

or Ninth thing could be that one of your injectors is rooted..or maybe a few.

Don't think I left anything out...oh..don't think about it to much.....

Its not the easiest thing to live with a gtr...lol.

haha the pedal being tapped while going over a bump has happened to me.. got me worried for a sec until i figured it out lol

Well ive driven the car around all weekend and its all good now. Changing the ignitor was the answer to fixing my problem.

Hope you can source what the problem is with your car. Its just a matter of changing things, testing things and eliminating each thing as the cause of the problem as you go along.

I hope you can crack it! :devil: