SAU Community

Hoon Squad?

Omurru

Firstly I'm not looking for peoples opinions as I don't want this thread closed. I just want see if anyone knows anything about this or has had it happen before.

I got pulled over this evening on the way home from work, I pushed in a little bit merging to get across to a turning lane in traffic and the car behind me decided to sit right up close behind me up to and into the cnr, I accelerated out of the cnr harder than I normally would of (no breaking of traction etc.) to move away and looked behind me and saw red and blue flashing lights come on in the windscreen of the car behind so I pulled over. A guy in plain clothes came up to my window and asked me to turn my car off and get out. He promptly told me he wasn't from the police but the Hoon Squad? He rattled of the hoon laws and asked if it was my car and was it registered and did I know I could have my car impounded for what I just did. He didn't ask to see a license or my name or where I lived or any of that stuff but informed me my cars number plate would be put on record?

There were a few other things as well, the car was a late 90's maroon Land Rover Discovery, there were just red and blue flashing lights in the dash, no strobes in the headlights, no lights at the back either, he didn't park away from the kerb like police normally do when they pull u over and he didn't show any form of badge or ID as off-duty or undercover police normally do. The more I think about it the more it seems like it was illegitimate.....

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you should get his number plate and reported the incident to the nearest police station, or call the 1800 crime stopper and verify his number plate. This would verify if such a 'hoon squad' exist and whether the supposedly undercover officer is legit or not...

there has been an actual case of a police imposter who had been pulling people off the road, until he was reported and arrested.

definatly an offence to impersonate a copper... i think its even illigal to have thoes flashing light too

sounds wierd, never heard of a 'hoon squad' ...kinda got a nice ring to it though lol

if you find out, let us know...v intresting

Firstly I'm not looking for peoples opinions as I don't want this thread closed. I just want see if anyone knows anything about this or has had it happen before.

I got pulled over this evening on the way home from work, I pushed in a little bit merging to get across to a turning lane in traffic and the car behind me decided to sit right up close behind me up to and into the cnr, I accelerated out of the cnr harder than I normally would of (no breaking of traction etc.) to move away and looked behind me and saw red and blue flashing lights come on in the windscreen of the car behind so I pulled over. A guy in plain clothes came up to my window and asked me to turn my car off and get out. He promptly told me he wasn't from the police but the Hoon Squad? He rattled of the hoon laws and asked if it was my car and was it registered and did I know I could have my car impounded for what I just did. He didn't ask to see a license or my name or where I lived or any of that stuff but informed me my cars number plate would be put on record?

There were a few other things as well, the car was a late 90's maroon Land Rover Discovery, there were just red and blue flashing lights in the dash, no strobes in the headlights, no lights at the back either, he didn't park away from the kerb like police normally do when they pull u over and he didn't show any form of badge or ID as off-duty or undercover police normally do. The more I think about it the more it seems like it was illegitimate.....

You pulled over for a late 90's model land rover? lol

f**k that, I woulda kept right on driving.

I didn't get his number plates unfortunatley, I didn't even really think about it untill I drove off, at the time I was more thinking oh great i'm gonna get my car impounded. I called the local police station when I got home but they didn't seem very interested and said they couldn't do anything without a number plate anyway. Will be keeping an eye out for the car though as it happened just around the corner from my place in Mill Park.

Dezz - lol, didn't realise what it was till I got out, presumed it was a teritory or something....

heheh....

i know the VIC cops are focussing on their speeding campaign rite now with various models of cars (a Golf GTI was shown on the 9 News the other day). So unless it's quite a new car, I'd rattle off my speil about how it's an offence to impersonate a Govt or Law Officer and also ask him to show me his badge!!!

Oh, whilst we are on the topic of the Law, guys/gals - be careful of the new cameras installed near bus stops, etc in district shopping centres. They will take a pic of any car stopped at a bus stop and a fines notice will arrive in the mail. There are a few in Footscray, VIC.

Sounds fake to me. A mate and I played this trick (though not to the extent of actually getting out of the car) when we were 18. Using a couple of strobes he bought from JB, placed in front of the rear vision mirror in his Commodore...at night time it was indistinguishable. We pulled over several cars in one night and just as they were about to come to a stop we would boot it past them. One day the cops rocked up to his house and said "look we know you've got the lights just hand them over and we won't charge you for it". As irate as people would have been, I bet they couldn't deny the sigh of relief they got when we drove past them lol. Never went to the extent of getting out of the car and approaching someone though? This sounds to me like some random vigilante who just has it in for imports?

if he doesn't produce a badge or proper identification you can tell him to take a long walk off a short pier. sounds like one of those pillocks who writes in to broadcasting companies complaining about the tone that they were using in the "Antiques Roadshow" being inappropriate. He's just gonna ring the hoon hotline (which there's a bigass billboard for on the Ring Road entrance on the Greensy bypass) and dob your plate in.

Just call him in for impersonating a police officer, driving recklessly and maybe even threatening you.

Yeah, one of my mates in a falcon does this all the time, pulls people over by using strobed red and blue lights he made for his dash, and puts a siren onto a cd to play it. He pulls people over then keeps driving for a laugh. ;)

It was probably some guy pretending to be some kinda cop just to get his kicks. you know, cop lights can be bought over the internet, so can sirens.

But seriously, wat a dikhead

its a load of crap if he can prove he is who he says he is then he cant prove you ran over his foot and gave him the 1 finger salute on your drive off

I'd keep a close eye on your car and be careful where you park it.

Sounds like it is just as likely to be somebody looking for certain cars to steal, although if that's the case it seems weird that he wouldn't ask to check your license (for your address).

But either way I'd keep an eye out for the car again and take down the plate if you see it.

my post got lost when they had down time.

but i was stalked by one on the Dandenong Bypass last week. very suspicious, and when he didn't go at the green light and just sat there and watched me drive off while he copped a red light again, made me weiry about it, so i slowed down hoping to catch his rego if he came past, but he never did. . . strange

my post got lost when they had down time.

but i was stalked by one on the Dandenong Bypass last week. very suspicious, and when he didn't go at the green light and just sat there and watched me drive off while he copped a red light again, made me weiry about it, so i slowed down hoping to catch his rego if he came past, but he never did. . . strange

Seriously I think u guys who lived/work in the area should ger together and start traveling in tandem team whenever possible.

bring camera for each person at all times in your car. notes n pen.

with perservation n luck, u guys can nail this stalker once n for all. but keep it legal.