SAU Community

Upgrading

RB JET

Hey Guys,

I have a Series one r33. My current mods are Power FC, FMIC, turbo back exhaust, splitfire coilpacks, Walbro 550hp fuel pump, Boost controller, z32 afm, pretty much all the basics.

It makes just over 200rwkw in its current state at 14psi. Just wondering what would be my most effective next modification?? I didnt want to spend thousands on turbo upgrades just yet, definetly down the track, I was thinking more along the lines of a cam package? Im not too familiar with what sort of cams will be right for my application. Just wondering about your thoughts and experiences with what works etc.?? Details and brands would be much help.

Any help and input is appriciated

Thanks

Edited by RB JET

Ok so I may have to just bite the bullet and stop being a tight ass!! lol. The highflow idea sounds good, I already have some 550cc injectors here in my garage that i picked up a couple of months ago, and the 230 to 240rwkws is probably where i want to get to next.

Ok so I may have to just bite the bullet and stop being a tight ass!! lol. The highflow idea sounds good, I already have some 550cc injectors here in my garage that i picked up a couple of months ago, and the 230 to 240rwkws is probably where i want to get to next.

replacing injecotrs in a RB25 is a bitch.....i did mine a while back and never doing them again.....no skin left on my fat hands lol....but yeah 250 with a responsive turbo is the way to go for a street car......555cc injectors with a highflowed turbo and a really good tune should see you over the 240 mark no probs...

replacing injecotrs in a RB25 is a bitch.....i did mine a while back and never doing them again.....no skin left on my fat hands lol....but yeah 250 with a responsive turbo is the way to go for a street car......555cc injectors with a highflowed turbo and a really good tune should see you over the 240 mark no probs...

Yeah tell me about it. I had my stock ones cleaned a while back and took them out and put them back in. NEVER again!!! Ill just pay my tuner to do it. Itll take him half the time most probably!!

Ok great so high flow turbo here we come. Who is generally the best to do high flows?? Any in Brisbane??

Yeah tell me about it. I had my stock ones cleaned a while back and took them out and put them back in. NEVER again!!! Ill just pay my tuner to do it. Itll take him half the time most probably!!

Ok great so high flow turbo here we come. Who is generally the best to do high flows?? Any in Brisbane??

There are a couple of places not sure if they are in Brisbane though.....GCG, Hypergear, ATS, MTQ....so a few options

What are your power goals, how much hp are you thinking of?

MTQ in Brisbane can do them, no idea on price or specs though, Probly better off to get either a GCG or Hypergear one.

I had a MTQ high flow and it didnt make anywhere near the power of the GCG / Hypergear ones have.

well im doing 230kws with a z32afm, highflow 740cc injectors with a hypergear highflow @ 17psi. If you wana save money, i reckon you should do a highflow! its pretty well worth it!

how well does the current setup hookup and how do u find it to drive

how well was it tuned do you know

ive found theres oodles of response and nice-ness locked away in a basic max power tune

how well does the current setup hookup and how do u find it to drive

how well was it tuned do you know

ive found theres oodles of response and nice-ness locked away in a basic max power tune

Its not too bad, pretty responsive and doesnt chew the fuel (450-500kms per tank depending on the weight of my foot), It made 205.6rwkw but my knock level was around 50-60. So I think he played with it a bit, the final result was 201.4rwkw and max knock was around 35-40. Ive had it tuned previously at a reputable workshop (wont mention names), and it made 185rwkw with knock at about 50-60 so it was then retuned at my current tuner (BPS in Brisbane). I havent been in any other skylines with pfc so i wouldnt be able to compare.

Id be happy with 250rwkw, just so it stays reliable because after all it is my daily driver too.