SAU Community

Oem Car Cover For R35

LSX-438

Hi

I ordered a Cover King "Storm Proof" cover from USA a few days ago. Was $540 AUD including shipping. Suitable for outdoor use and has lock system. The other OEM didnt seem as good quality, wasnt many good reports on the UK forums. I'll let you know how the Cover King one fits once it arrives.

http://www.carcoverworld.com/coverking-carcovers.asp

I tried Nissan today but the AU service/parts people dont seem to be able to help

Nissan parts service here seems to be poor. Here is a link to an OEM one I have seen advertised. I was considering a cheap off the self repco/ebay type but most of the sizes weren't really suitable or oversized/undersized

OEM Car Cover

I picked up one of the OEM covers from Nissan Courtesy parts in the US, service was great, arrived within a week. Can also get them from Jeremy at Speed for sale. PM if you need details.

thanks guys. Dunno if i can bring myself to pay $800 for a car cover :merli:

I see a number of online vendors selling them for about US$300 (genuine)

The problem is finding one who will ship them to australia for a decent shipping price.

my advice, get one from covercraft. they make amazing car covers and you can discuss with them exactly what the cover is for (ie indoor? outdoor? uv protection, dent protection etc). and they fit very nicely.

http://www.covercraft-pacific.com/online/default.asp

thanks for the tips Guys. I did end up buying a genuine one from a US vendor for $298US + $65US shipping. I didnt need a storm proof one, it's indoors only. The reason i needed one: there was a violent car jacking in my suburb last week (involving a gun and shots fired apparently!) and as i live on a busy road near where it happened, i would rather the car be out of sight when my family is otherwise opening and closing the gargage door.

in terms of paint, car covers do more damage than good in an indoor environment - if you want to keep people from seeing what the car is exactly, that's another story. But if you just want to stop dust getting on it in the garage, etc... you're better off with no cover, because it will scratch the car. You're not putting the cover on ONLY after you've washed the car are you...

in terms of paint, car covers do more damage than good in an indoor environment - if you want to keep people from seeing what the car is exactly, that's another story. But if you just want to stop dust getting on it in the garage, etc... you're better off with no cover, because it will scratch the car. You're not putting the cover on ONLY after you've washed the car are you...

The No 1 rule of Car Covers.ONLY AFTER WASHING AND DRYING fit the cover.

they do, but even inside a garage to prevent dust, you're better off without it. If it's a security thing, then that's different. Although having a black cover with a gtr logo on it, not very subtle :devil:

they do, but even inside a garage to prevent dust, you're better off without it. If it's a security thing, then that's different. Although having a black cover with a gtr logo on it, not very subtle :devil:

True, but it's just a ltitle logo on the front though isnt it? That's not going to be visible (with car parked in forwards). Plus i think anyone that close to the car (to make out that logo) and looking for something to steal is going to work it out regardless. I'm just trying to hide this from the casual driver by.