SAU Community

Bumper Exhaust Heat Shield R33

Not Sure If This Topic Has Been Brought up Before Or Not? But i thinking of fitting a bumper exhaust heat shield to my car,Reason being some of the paint on my bumper has been damaged around my exhaust tip due to occasional flames :pirate: , Has anyone seen,has one fitted to there car, Fabricated one up or know where you can buy one? Some pics would be great if any one has some, Cheers.

Here's a pic of the paint around the exhuast tip, Hard to see in the pic but paints permently damaged/melted wont buff out or anything like that And not really worth getting resprayed or anything like that samething will just happen again, Anyone else had this problem?

post-64108-1248942518_thumb.jpg

yes, ive been looking at making one for a while now, just havent had the time.

youll need thin alloy or tin sheet (bunnings), tin snips, a drill and drill bits, pop rivets, and a pop rivet tool.

cut and bend the sheet to size, mark and cut out holes around the edges, place it up against the bumper, mark the holes over on to it, drill holes in bumper, then pop rivet the two together.

done

yes, ive been looking at making one for a while now, just havent had the time.

youll need thin alloy or tin sheet (bunnings), tin snips, a drill and drill bits, pop rivets, and a pop rivet tool.

cut and bend the sheet to size, mark and cut out holes around the edges, place it up against the bumper, mark the holes over on to it, drill holes in bumper, then pop rivet the two together.

done

Got everthing except the alloy, I thought about making one up myself aswell but i would prefer bought one if something like that is available im sure it'll look better then something i make up, Do you know if anyone manufactures them?