SAU Community

Skyline Charity Cruise Scc09

Wagamama

W00t! It's that time again!

SKYLINE CHARITY CRUISE 2009

Last year we received a lot of comments on the timing of SCC - this year we've listened to our members and bought forward our annual Skyline Charity Cruise 2009 to a cooler month!!

That's right - SCC09 is scheduled for Sunday 23rd August 2009.

We have a new starting destination this year- the Yatala Drive In Theatre at Staplyton : Map

Gates open at 9am with a prompt cruise departure time of 10am. This year we will have smaller meets @ Gold Coast and Sunshine coast to pick up members along the way, with everyone cruising to meet up at Yatala for the main 10am cruise.

As per our usual SCC rules the following apply:

1. You must have a car that fits into 2 out of 3 categories

a. Nissan

b. Skyline

c. Rb powered

The only exceptions to this rule are the Stagea M35, R35 (not officcially a skyline but we all know better) and any car that has contacted the organisers (Events Committee) and sought permission for exemption from the '2 out of 3 rule'. Please post or PM one of the club execs.

2. You will abide by all road rules.

The police have been notified of the meet and of the cruise route - we expect their presence. It will only ruin your day if you get handed a ticket by the boys in blue, so drive carefully. Leave your anti-social behaviour at home-it will not be tolerated.

3. The final destination will be revealed on the day.

Maps and stickers will be provided upon entry to the Yatala Drive-In for a $5 donation fee. The destination is a closely guarded secret and we try to keep it that way.

Food will be available-BBQ & Drinks will be on sale with proceeds going to charity.

Some FAQ's

- Yatala Drive-In has toilets but little shade - please bring along hats and sunscreen.

- The destination location has plenty of food, drinks, shade and toilet facilities.

- The trip will be about 90km in length from Yatala to the final meeting place.

- This year's charity is TBA. Further details supplied soon.

- There will be a Show n' Shine with prizes at the final venue.

- We will be running raffle's with prizes provided by the club's sponsors.

- There are plenty of servo's along the freeway leading to the Yatala Drive-In. Please ensure you have at least half a tank of fuel for the cruise and trip home.

- If you have a UHF radio, please bring it. Channel will be verified closer to the day.

- We'll have some photographers positioned along the cruise route, so make sure your ride is clean!

- This will also incorporate the Members Sign-On day too!

All in all it's a great day out, and SAUQLD's biggest event, so spread the word!

The SAUQLD Exec Team

Rhinorebel

Pear

Impact_Blue

Bunta

Toddlls

Wagamama

Summary

Event:

Annual Skyline Charity Cruise 2009

Start Location:

Yatala Drive

Date:

Sunday 23rd August 2009

Time:

Gates open 9am for a prompt 10am departure. Cruise for 1hr, then BBQ and Jibba Jabba.

Cost:

Dig deep for charity! We will also be offering Member Signon renewals!

Requirements:

Full tank of gas, friendly demeanor.

• Replies 286
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Very keen. Is it possible to meet you guys 1/2 way? I might not be able to make it there by 10am... =x

im sure one of the exec's might tell you before hand otherwise someone can call you and tell you

Spewing i don't have my 34 still :happy: Might have to hitch a ride with my brother in his 31 coupe i think... Or maybe he'll let me take it... lol. Makes for a great day out and is for a worthy cause.

Dave (rhinorebel) and Lisa - Hope to see my old girl out on the cruise! She's been on the past 2...

Very keen. Is it possible to meet you guys 1/2 way? I might not be able to make it there by 10am... =x

Yeah - we should be able to work something out!

hahaha WOOT!!!!!

You got it Timmeh!!! Guess what?!?! I should be making it this year?!?!?!

Good timing my son.

Nice work RoMan :D

tim give me a call ;)

I'll attend and supply donations.

Awesome! Will give you a call tomorrow (mon)

moved to general qld section and sticky'ed...

Thanks Col! Legend! :happy:

Awesome - looking forward to seeing all of you there!

Spewing i don't have my 34 still :P Might have to hitch a ride with my brother in his 31 coupe i think... Or maybe he'll let me take it... lol. Makes for a great day out and is for a worthy cause.

Dave (rhinorebel) and Lisa - Hope to see my old girl out on the cruise! She's been on the past 2...

I suppose you can hitch a ride if you want...