SAU Community

Looking For C210 Owners

Hey all...i was wondering if there are any C210 owners of previouse owners who can give me some tips and helpful information

I recently bought a C210 for $500 bucks and plan on it being my project car...although i dont know alot about this model i have fallen in love with it already and would appreciate and help i can get so it can soon be on the road again

Stew :)

This is them!

They are prone to rust, so check your new baby over carefully, and cut out any corrosion pronto. There are a ton of other model skylines to poach parts from. Are you thinking of keeping it stock, or modifying?

post-26626-1249286480_thumb.jpg

post-26626-1249286651_thumb.jpg

Coupe i want to know why your bonnets are so rust free :thumbsup: and how much power the white girl is making?

Ha ha! Having owned a handfull of rusty Datsuns and Hondas I made sure to hang onto the two really rust-free and original examples that I found over the years! Also I keep them under cover, and have a mate who is handy with a welder, so when the inevitable bubble pops up it gets cut out and burnt at the stake as a warning to corrosion in general.

The white car makes 0 horsepower as it doesn't run at the moment (see timing fail post). If I can get the damn thing started it's going straight to Lam's automotive in Daylesford to get the cam dialled and timed, the new triples jetted and rebuilt if necessary, and then the whole lot tuned on a dyno. You can bet Ill be posting the results as soon as I get them. Previous best with (hateful) English SU carbies on a smokey L26 was an ok but basically unthrilling 140hp at the rear wheels. Hopefully a fresh, triple Dell'ortoed, flat-topped pistoned L28 is going to put out a bit more than that. However... I think the car is fun to drive mostly thanks to a close-ratio 5-speed and 4.8:1 LSD. Not a huge top end, but it accelerates a treat!

Oh yeah! Regarding corrosion; I painted underneath the panels with a tar-based paint, made sure all the drainage points were unblocked and sprayed fish oil in every opening I could fine.