SAU Community

Removing Gt Badges From R33 Gtst - Warning Lol

LOL

I just washed and clayed the car and I think to myself, why not take the badges off and see how she looks?

1 Hairdryer and a heap of melted fishing line later I learnt that there are 2 pins behind the GT badge on the QTR panels.

This totally sucks because now I'll have to find something to:

A) Put there instead (another badge or light cap)

B) Fill it and have it painted over

C) Get a pair of new QTRs when I get the kit done...

So for now the badge is back where it belongs =P

Just thought I'd share as I had read on a few places(googled forums) that there was no pins...

I have no idea why you took them off. People get robbed and find replacements for them. The GT badges there are tough as... why would you take them off in the first place. Nothing else looks nice there mate...I suggest you buy another set and put them on again!

Where I live there are plenty of dickheads that pinch them and damage the panel while doing so. 2 mates of mine have only 1 GT badge and because my car is parked out in the open for 8+ hours a day I figured I'd remove them for a debadged look, (removing the S off the bonnet when respraying)

Mind you I prefer not having any badges, yes people will still know its a skyline, but who needs to advertise and obvious car :)

Where I live there are plenty of dickheads that pinch them and damage the panel while doing so. 2 mates of mine have only 1 GT badge and because my car is parked out in the open for 8+ hours a day I figured I'd remove them for a debadged look, (removing the S off the bonnet when respraying)

Mind you I prefer not having any badges, yes people will still know its a skyline, but who needs to advertise and obvious car :P

Fair enough mate. Well, good luck with it.

I got mine pinched twice and keyed too...some people are absolutely morons.

When my car gets damaged I turn into Vince from Pulp Fiction.... "What kind of cockless piece of work f**ks with a man motorvehicle!"

Well I am thinking I will get some little megaman extra life power ups made and put them there instead of the GT badges... but depending on costs might just go with some new quarters instead heheh

When my car gets damaged I turn into Vince from Pulp Fiction.... "What kind of cockless piece of work f**ks with a man motorvehicle!"

Well I am thinking I will get some little megaman extra life power ups made and put them there instead of the GT badges... but depending on costs might just go with some new quarters instead heheh

Mate, if you're really after the badgeless look. Just get those pin holes welded up and repainted.

I know how you feel when those bastards steal your shit. Just crack it!

• 2 months later...

Removed my rear Nissan and 25GTT badges yesterday. The latter basically peeled off and a little bit of heat from a hairdryer and some wax floss took care of the Nissan badge. However I still can't get all the hard bits of glue off, I've tried washing the area and Armour All Bug and Tar remover. Any further suggestions?