SAU Community

Regency Experiences

Steve

Hey Steve, what were you rolling on whilst laughing your arse off? :(

paullys 32,

Someone added a few "colourful" posts on your behalf mate ;) I deleted them as they weren't really appropriate, very funny though :)

Has someone else been using your login mate? If so, they have a healthy sense of humour :)

Hey Bumped into a guy that drives a Red 300ZX we got conversing and he told me that he got defected and the policeman got out a stanely knife and cut a cross into his window tint on the drivers and passengers side windows! Isn't that property damage??? I dont think they can do that?!

hmmmm window tint is a very controversial topic. I think that driver and passanger tint is illegal in sa full stop. I THINK.

It wasn't weather or not it was illegal to have the tint. Its weather or not it was illegal for a police man without the permission of the owner to cause property damage by slashing the window tint with a stanley knife.

I am fairly sure its not illegal, just that front passenger windows are only allowed a slight tint (and most factory tinted glass meets this standard) and any additional tint will make them illegal. The front window from memmory cant be tinted except for the top section (ie where the BOYZ put there HOLDEN stiklas - coz they is fully sik.)

Its a power thing (for some)

Like most jobs you will always get the dic* heads on their "aren't I better than you" power trips, and lets face it what other job gives you that much power, lets you carry a gun in public, can pay in excess of $40,000 upon graduation (at 18 or 19) and requires little more than a year 11 education. Most of these guys were NEVER going to be rocket scientists, and some wouldnt even qualify for the job of "chimpanze" to sit in the rocket.

the windows can be tinted, but must allow at least 70% of the light through. If you live in other states, its 35%. It used to be 70%, but the federal laws were changed to allow 35% - its just that SA are in the dark ages.

the windows can be tinted, but must allow at least 70% of the light through.  If you live in other states, its 35%.  It used to be 70%, but the federal laws were changed to allow 35% - its just that SA are in the dark ages.

Guys is it not property damage, illegal or not, to damage tint with a stanley knife.

Without the permission of the vehicle owner.