SAU Community

Regency Experiences

Steve

COPYME, I agree completely. Are you sure this guy is on the level? I would have thought 99% of people would have raised hell if a copper took to their car with a stanley knife.

paullys 32, if you click on the flag that asks if you want to be remebered (when you first log on to the site) the computer will load up cookies which identify you when you revisit - therefore if someone else uses your internet login, they will login as you. Do you have a younger brother?

If you dont want this to happen again, you will need to go into settings and delete all your cookies and then next time you visit you will be need to login, uncheck the 'remember me' check box (or whatever it is called) and login. The cookies then wont be downloaded.

COPYME, I agree completely.  Are you sure this guy is on the level?  I would have thought 99% of people would have raised hell if a copper took to their car with a stanley knife.

paullys 32, if you click on the flag that asks if you want to be remebered (when you first log on to the site) the computer will load up cookies which identify you when you revisit - therefore if someone else uses your internet login, they will login as you.  Do you have a younger brother?

If you dont want this to happen again, you will need to go into settings and delete all your cookies and then next time you visit you will be need to login, uncheck the 'remember me' check box (or whatever it is called) and login.  The cookies then wont be downloaded.

Pretty sure he gave little descriptions bout what happened, and he wouldn't have if he was having a tug.

if anyone, including a police force member touched my window tint, id be mailing their balls to them via australia post.

I believe a cop touching your window tint, especiailly with a stanley knife, is property damage, what would have happen if he had made a nice big scratch into the glass of the window...

if anyone, including a police force member touched my window tint, id be mailing their balls to them via australia post.  

I believe a cop touching your window tint, especiailly with a stanley knife, is property damage, what would have happen if he had made a nice big scratch into the glass of the window...

My lawyers would have a field day with it! People need to know that just because they wear a badge does not make them god!

yeah no shit i get inspected next week so evry1 wish me luck ok it took me and simo 2 days to get my car back to stock every thing on it is stock exept the cooler will tell all when i get off hehehe got to cum up and reload the skyline

I know someone that can sympathise with Dean re: his Regency problems now.

My friend has a GTI-R which has now been defected three times. The car is pretty much stock except for it being too low.

The first two times he put the car back to standard height and went through Regency without a problem. Last week he went through Regency for the third time and they wouldn't pass his car saying that he had a bent chassis rail.

How could this damage go unnoticed the first two times the car went through Regency?

Who have they got working down there??!!

Thanks for the sympathy :D

It seems that this sort of behaviour is happening to alot of people. This sort of treatment is the reason i barely drive my car now. Why bother paying so much insurance for a car that hardly ever gets driven. It never goes near the city now. Only work and Uni. If things get worse, i will sell it. Its just too much of a headache.

It seems pretty obvious to me re the 'bent chassis rail'.... Regency staff didn't "miss" the bent chassis rail the first 2 times, rather they chose to find a tiny defect with it on the GTi-R's third trip through. Why did they do this? Because they decided the owner hadn't learnt his lesson the first two times. And before anyone asks... no, I don't agree with their (Regency)methods, but I can see why they're doing it.

It seems pretty obvious to me re the 'bent chassis rail'.... Regency staff didn't "miss" the bent chassis rail the first 2 times, rather they chose to find a tiny defect with it on the GTi-R's third trip through. Why did they do this? Because they decided the owner hadn't learnt his lesson the first two times. And before anyone asks... no, I don't agree with their (Regency)methods, but I can see why they're doing it.

I do totally agree, I think if you're silly enough to get your car defected three times then they're bound to pick on you.

It just seems silly to me that such an obvious defect was not picked up earlier. My point is just the inconsistencies in the way everything works. You get different people looking at the cars and different defects being pointed out each time.

They should all be looking for the same things and not overlooking obvious things such as a bent chassis rails.. Dean can vouch for this too, they didn't pick it up the first time, but second time around, there was the defect.

i read that thing about the gt4 celica and i read it like 5 times over. I dont know about u but to me it seems to me that jaustech and who ever else originally complianced or "plate swapped" the original car are dodgey. And i think what regency are asking to be done now is what should have been done years ago when it was complainced. I keep reading it and evey time i do it seems that there is something dody going on. I would like to see the car to see if the vin number on the GT4 chassis matches the VIN on the FWD plates because if they do **** i dont know what they have done.

ALso on that gtir where is the bent chassis real, if it is near the mounting points of the front sway bar that is a common location for the rail to bend and the crack, I had to have both my rails in mine plated and welded. U never know that this could have just developed as this does happen over time. It does it because the N14 chassis is just too weak for the heavy front end of the gtir motor.

Shannon and Matt, are you guys saying if you got your car defected you would return it to stock and leave it completely stock?

Anything on your car that isnt OEM may give rise to doubt and off to regency you go. Then again, I have been told stories of people being defected for stock BOVs - as, to quote the traffic cop I spoke to at Holden Hill - 'all BOVs are illegal, if your car has one, it will be defected'

The last time Dean got defected, as he points out, he was just going to the movies minding his own business, how does this make him 'silly enough to be defected'? His car has alot less mods than so many cars on the streets.

With the law the way it is, no one is immune.