SAU Community

Regency Experiences

Steve

Steve, I'm not saying Dean was 'silly enough'. Getting defected when you're doing nothing and minding your own business is just plain wrong.

I was referring directly to my friend being silly. He does things which attract unwanted attention and hence he gets himself defected. If he didn't attract that attention, I 'd bet that he wouldn't have been defected so many times.

I wouldn't leave my car stock if I got defected, I'd probably put it back the way it was, but I'd just try to avoid any unwanted attention, unlike him.

The point of my original post wasn't that anyone deserves to be defected anyway, because usully they don't, it was simply that you can go thru Regency so many times and each time get screwed over for something different, just another example of their inconsistencies. Hope this clarifies.

I got told about someone who went to regency to get there rego changed over from VIC in a MX5, the inspector aparently noticed a problem with the chassic number. The car was confiscated left the person stranded. The car had a full service history in victoria from the dealership it was sold from new.

My questions are:-

1) under what authority do these inspectors have to confiscate the car and leave the guys wife stranded at regency park?

2) Who is going to compensate his wife if she has to hire a car to get from Mt Barker to Edwardstown for work everyday?

3) Who is going to compensate his wife for the anguish suffered at regency park inspection station when she was told the car was being confiscated and that she would have to find her own way home to Mt Barker. That she was not allowed to call the police holding yard to ask them any questions and that TSA inspectors were not going to offer any information as to why the car was being taken.

I got told about someone who went to regency to get there rego changed over from VIC in a MX5, the inspector aparently noticed a problem with the chassic number. The car was confiscated left the person stranded. The car had a full service history in victoria from the dealership it was sold from new.

My questions are:-

1) under what authority do these inspectors have to confiscate the car and leave the guys wife stranded at regency park?

2) Who is going to compensate his wife if she has to hire a car to get from Mt Barker to Edwardstown for work everyday?

3) Who is going to compensate his wife for the anguish suffered at regency park inspection station when she was told the car was being confiscated and that she would have to find her own way home to Mt Barker. That she was not allowed to call the police holding yard to ask them any questions and that TSA inspectors were not going to offer any information as to why the car was being taken.

they have every right to take it if there are any inconsistancies or anything that does not look right (how do you think they stop stolen cars being rebirthed and reregistered)

as for not getting her back to mount barker, what do you expect them to do, drop everything so they can personally drive her to her house?? come on be real, they do have a job to do too

they are not allowed to give any information for the reasons for it being confiscated under direction of SAPOL

and she is able to call them to find out what is happening but what would be the point of her ringing when the car isn't even there??????

Thats the problem ross, it seems they have the authority to do whatever they want, there are no procedures they follow, its all done how they want it done. They dont follow any industry standards or anything... Its a joke mate

ok wtf?????? they follow the procedures given to them by SAPOL, in fact they are technically employed by SAPOL, but said by transport SA

ok they follow procedures eh. Well explain how the time my car was inspected 4 times over a period of a year, first time when the car was first registerd coming from japan, then 2 times cos of it being defected, then another time cos of another bs defect, yet on the 4th visit, they tell me to repair a dented chassis rail which had been there since the car was in aust.

What procedure were they following then?

they have every right to take it if there are any inconsistancies or anything that does not look right (how do you think they stop stolen cars being rebirthed and reregistered)

as for not getting her back to mount barker, what do you expect them to do, drop everything so they can personally drive her to her house?? come on be real, they do have a job to do too

they are not allowed to give any information for the reasons for it being confiscated under direction of SAPOL

and she is able to call them to find out what is happening but what would be the point of her ringing when the car isn't even there??????

Vehicle was bought from the same dealership it was sold from new, always been serviced at that dealership, and the owners never had any discrepancy in victoria, where under the vicroads system all cars have to be inspected on a yearly basis. Unless ofcourse the vehicle is sold or changed hands!

Are you serious? regency actually allows rebirthing due to their lax attitude - they have been slammed (very recently) by federal bodies because of this.

Ok, so its perfectly acceptable to leave someone stranded. If the police did this, lawyers would have a field day, this lady is a victim of crime, at least the criminals get a lift - its called duty of care, what would happen if this woman had to pick up children from day care, or school, or was abducted as she attempted to walk home?

I think you worked at regency for too long. Put yourself in the shoes of others for a second, these little self serving government employees have obviously forgotten what being a public servant is - power corrupts.

Out of interest Regency Chicky, just what is the Regency Customer Service Policy?

did you ever even see one when you worked there? If they dont have one, why not, after all they do take money from people for a service.

Out of interest Regency Chicky, just what is the Regency Customer Service Policy?

did you ever even see one when you worked there?  If they dont have one, why not, after all they do take money from people for a service.

I was told today that the lady got her car back this afternoon, what had happened was there was a computer glitch in that two vehicles had identical chassic numbers, apparently it was because the inspector had keyed in the numbers incorrectly!

:bs!: SHE WILL NOT CURRENTLY BE COMPENSATED FOR THE INCONVIENCE! :bs!:

Also my inside source says that this happens on average 3 times a week! People are just left stranded! Ive been to regency for inspections, i have had appointments at 11am and had to wait till 2-3pm before someone even has a glance at my vehicle!

FYI,

in fact they are technically employed by SAPOL, but said by transport SA

They are not employed by SAPOL, technically or otherwise. They are empowered by the Road Traffic Act to act in certain matters on behalf of the Transport Minister, just as the SAPOL are, but it doesnt make them employees of SAPOL - maybe this is the problem with them?.

This is an act of Parliament, not criminal or common law. Regency inspectors are public servants, now called public sector employees, probably because they dont know what service is.

It seems pretty obvious to me, when an ex-employee doesnt even know what powers they have, or where their charter is derived - that there is something very wrong.

show us how inconsistent regency are i went for my second inspection and he got me because i dont have a eye level brake light.

it should have been put on when they complied it he said y the **** couldnt they tell me the first ****ing time 175 dollars to get ur perfectly roadworty car back on the road plus stock rental parts isnt exactaly my idea of monie well spent

I'm not 100% sure on that one Andrew.

15 years ago - (1989) VN commodore, fitted standard.

(1989) EA Falcon, fitted standard.

SO, it MAY actually be a requirement. 15 years old may be newer than you are thinking.

Would be interested to find out about that one for sure.

ah you may be right there Will .... I guess 15 years ago seems like a long time, but in reality I am probably thinking of older cars ....

Roll on party weekend anyhow I say!!!! Sounds like we may have an event Sunday night too with Matty ....

FYI,  

They are not employed by SAPOL, technically or otherwise.  They are empowered by the Road Traffic Act to act in certain matters on behalf of the Transport Minister, just as the SAPOL are, but it doesnt make them employees of SAPOL - maybe this is the problem with them?.  

This is an act of Parliament, not criminal or common law.  Regency inspectors are public servants, now called public sector employees, probably because they dont know what service is.

It seems pretty obvious to me, when an ex-employee doesnt even know what powers they have, or where their charter is derived - that there is something very wrong.

We already know there is something very wrong with regency Mechanisms, what we need to figure out is instead of bitching to one another about it. How do we fix it???

AWESOME Point but doing this isn't just a walk in the park....

What is happening with the patition?

I can't wait to see what comes out of it, if anything (no offence to any party's involved in it organisations) but i do hear something is....