SAU Community

Regency Experiences

Steve

Whoever wrote the article either didnt know what he was talking about, or it is very out of date. He talks of cars needing a $3500 emissions test in Vic (if modded and still running petrol) - this is just wrong, the full (adr37) emissions test costs $2200 in vic, or an IM240 (free in NSW) costs $600. the IM240 is the min requirement for getting mods passed with the EPA in vic, so make of the article what you will.

Also, by the time you add up the cost of an LPG conversion, its alot cheaper to just drive to NSW and get a free IM240 test - so not worth it from a performance or monetary point of veiw.

If I were to be pulled over for any reason, do I have to tell the police that I will be recording them?

Not to long ago I had an incident where I accelerated away from a set of traffic lights approaching a second set of traffic lights which went red. I was doing around 50km/s in second when I pulled my foot off the throttle where to BOV went off. I accelerated at exactly the same pace as a EL ford that was sitting next to me.

There was a cop sitting at the traffic lights. He was turning in front of me. When he heard the bov noise he began pointing at me and shaking his head. I honestly didn't accelerate fast or anything of the likes. he looked damn angry as he turned in front of me. He then slapped his blinker on and held up traffic in peak hour traffic attempting to do a U-turn where it is illegal. Luckly he didn't manage to catch up with me due to traffic being pretty bad and my self turning off to the next side street to visit my mate.. :cheers: Point is He looked damn angry and I have no doubt he would have screwed me.

Well Just finally got my car off defect again on Thursday

The guy from adelaide that was down that inspected it was really decent still picked up a few thing and just said "get them fixed cos i'll trust you to do it"

and i did...

Any how we were talkin about the cops and there knowledge or lack there of and he clearly said 90% of the police out there don't know wot there on about and half the time they will make shit up.

And you guys are right it is time we did something about this and stop bending over and taking it.....

This idea was loosly tossed around before but i mean it will get some attention....

A big protest cruise and park somewhere block off a street something u know something loud enough to send out to the police/community that we arn't all bad and we earn our money and enjoy spending it on our cars....

So why go out just comin down on everything with round tail lights (not just us) and just killing us....

Introduce that idea like WA or Vic

That way that can at least keep control of it and do something about it the proper way instead of being C U N T S 24/7!

I'm prb just rambling but i mean i would be in on doing something about this.

My dad knows alot of parliament ppl so i could get him to arrange a meeting or something a group of us sit down and discuss it instead of sittin down and doing nothing.

Hold a rally etc with all our cars, and the cops would come down and defect em all!

That as a last resort for sure!

Hmmm, a meeting with some political powers etc would probably be good way to start off, but it is of my personal opinion that we would need good numbers of people to really get things going.

Since this is a SA thing, we probably should link up with the other clubs etc to make this a combined effort. :cheers:

MADGT4, good to hear bout the defect off, how long can u last now? :D

WICKED IDEA MAN

Mass organised rally

"Calling All SA Clubs"

I dunno how long its gonna last but i'm not puttin it back on the road till a few

days before i move 2 adelaide, so the Traffic Nazi's don't get me.

• 2 weeks later...

Suppose the first thing to do would be to form a SA Skyline club, a part of the

Skylines Australia clan, but how to do it?! PRANK would be the man to ask i guess.

Will STEVE step up and take charge?!?!

Then we could hook up with the other clubs and cause some chaos maybe?!

heheh

My other half was talking to a cop that came in to her work the other day.

She asked if they purposly hassle Imports or skylines.

He said...

If it is lowered, big exhaust tip out the back, body kit, noisy and stickers every where they will pull the car over and check it out. Its not just imports though if we see a commodore or ford that has been lowered, exhaust stickers etc then we will also pull that over.

---

So I guess the trick is to keep the car looking stock and slap a sticker on the back stating..... NO SHOW, ALL GO!

Just realised, I dont have the noise or the stickers :D- not really too low, still got the big exhaust and body kit - I am farked :D

Would look funny getting out of a car and it raising up 3 inches. the hydraulic sus started in the US for exactly that reason. I read a bit on some of the law in the US, it appears that a car can be lowered as long as no part of the car touches the road when the tyres are deflated (california anyways).

Hey Steve,

I had a thought regarding the appauling nature of the procedures and methods adopted by Regency. What if the department was forced to become ISO Quality Assured. That way there would have to be predetermined procedures and methods that must be adhered to so as to satisfy regular auditing. This way, car inspections would not follow the alignment of the planets regarding what is and isn't allowed, but rather follow close procedural requirements. Such acreditation also allows for customer liason and complaints resolution. Further, since the importation of vehicles now requires the relevant companies to be so acredited, then does it not follow that the inspection authority must also be similarly qualified?

It is about time we had a decent means of inspection, and bring us in line with other states. I'm sick of such 'alignment' always reffering to nationwide consistency in traffic violations laws only. The lack of certification once passed, guarding against further defects on the road for the same mods has to stop. It simply is a means to justify salaries at the moment.

hows this for inconsistencies... my r32 was defected (too loud, bald tyres, insecure battery clamp.. previous owner to thank).

When i got it to regency, they said two of my four stove lights aren't working when you switch the headlights on. However if you're cruising with all four stove lights on the cops will defect you. So who's correct? Cops for saying four lights, or regency for saying two lights! motherf**kers.

Also... defected for sticker because it was in the wiper sweep of the car (except.. here's the thing.. it wasn't!.. so they got me just for having a sticker).

Another.. aftermarket exhaust too loud? It had a silencer in it... the original exhaust which was put on to get it through regency was actually louder than the aftermarket exhaust (i think the cops just didn't like the previous owner).

man that sucks ;)

Hey i dunno if this is just stupid but it makes sense to me... if we aren't allowed to tint the front two windows and the windshield, howcome people can wear sunglasses when driving... same shit different smell if you ask me :D

• Like 1