SAU Community

Regency Experiences

Steve

yup. :D heard it from a friend who is unfortunately a big regular at Regency. Not sure how he found out but he has no reason to make it up..

I'm too scared to want to find out of its true or not with the tools at Regency..

I would love to know the specifics, sounds like yet another example of guilty until proven innocent. It is interesting in all assets of criminal law, you are innocent until proven guilty, but here, you have no comeback - its bloody criminal in itself.

I havent got any stat decs unfortuneately.

But, it isnt going to stop me. I have had legal advice that it would be accecptable to use cases without individual names, state that the names and contact details would be available if required, but are not being published for confidentiallity reasons.

Hopefully, if push comes to shove, anybody who has given me details will be ok with putting in a statement if required - it is probably best to keep names witheld for the time being anyway - enough people get harrassed as it is without making life more difficult unnecessarily.

im thinking of actually selling my car because of all of this. especially this new (apparent) rule of 2 defects in a month = big ****off fine.

steve, so what are your plans with the whole regency thing. i dont feel comfortable having my details readily available but if upon urgent request then yea.. but my experience isnt as severe as other people's on here.

what im not happy about is that as soon as my car gets off its defect, i can leave regency and get pulled over and defected again even thou my car just would of gone thru a full roadworthy test. This is exactly what steve is emphasising that you are guilty until proven innicent. However crims that kill people are innocent untill proven guilty. So whats to say people that enjoy modified cars are worse then murders??

It makes me SICK!

If this thing about getting two defects = fine is 100%, its eve worse.

If you take the example of your chassis rail, you could have left regency the last time, got defected as you left the drive, then fined as it was your second, and because the chassis rail wasnt noticed the first time - the defect would have applied, if they had noticed it. But the regency inspector wouldnt have any liability.

food for thought.

This is a very interesting thread, I will get around reading all replies (when I get the time). Yer, my experience at Regency was one of the most pathetic jokes imaginable.

I imported my 33, got it complianced in Qld and then trucked over. As soon as I got it, gave it a quick wash then off to the 'shit hole'. I was hoping to be in and out in about 2hrs max.

1st stage was fine, then off 2 inspection. I get greeted by the rudest f**wit I have ever met in my life, off he goes with his MagLite torch.

- "That battery is a standard battery. Batteries in the boot have to be fully sealed"

- "That spare wheel doesn't meet national standard"

Sorry all, I'm yet to finish...

I asked what was wrong with the 'still brand new' space saver. "It has to be painted yellow with a 50kph limit sticker on it"

The brake pads were replaced but the discs werent machined (didnt need it). The pads had done a total 10Ks so they hadnt worn in completely. "Your pads are only touching 25% of the disc" - They havent worn in wanker!!! Off to the break tester, passed with flying coulors.

So he hands me a slip on the 2 pissy items that I need to fix before it can get passed. I went off to get a new battery and then rang my compliancer in Qld. He went bunter, not at me but at Regency. He said "Terry, I have done EVERYTHING to the book!". He then paused and said "Hang on Terry, there is nothing in the book that states that you have to have a spare wheel at all" Excellent! I then approach the Ape with this info. He looks in his big book and says "Oh..OK" So, I have my 33 parked in the car park and my pulsar parked next to it. We both approach my 33 and he checks the battery - TICK OK. I then open the boot of my pulsar, remove the spare wheel from my 33 and put it in the boot of my pulsar - TICK OK. This is F***ing unbelievable! The Ape then goes "Hang on, your owners manual prolly has instructions on how to change the spare wheel" (Who gives a F***?) He flips thru the manual "Yep, here it is" I ask him what I should do about it - the wanker shrugs his shoulders. I then get the book, rip the F***ing page out - TICK OK...My 33 is now passed (5 F***ing hours later)

You can imagine how much of a dmpner this put on my day, not to mention the $800 buck it cost to register and pay stamp duty.