SAU Community

R35 Eastern Creek

R32 Stuart

Congrats Duncan R35 LXS-438 at NSW Supersprint R7 - Eastern Creek - Aug 2009, excellent time of 1.44.7968 Well Done!! Also to Marek with fresher R35, 1.45.5861 - looking forward to Oran Park!

You home already Stuart? ha ha.

Nice work on piloting your R33 to a R35 smashing 1:44.18 - nice work man, you deserve that big time. Well done.

Any video?

Edited by LSX-438

Well done guys, very impressive times.

What is Marek running in his R35, eg tyres etc?

Marek is running the same 18" rims but with Toyo R888's

Here is a video chasing Marek...

Edited by LSX-438

You home already Stuart? ha ha.

Nice work on piloting your R33 to a R35 smashing 1:44.18 - nice work man, you deserve that big time. Well done.

Any video?

Only video was Sundays first run - nothing special. Have to upgrade our camera - too many issue's, but Suspension comes first! Checked springs; D/H builder had same springs all around - way under spec!

Can you please give me details of where you got your incar camera? If your happy with it.

Stuart this is the camera i am using:

http://www.vsport.com.au/ecommerce/?categoryID=157

Overall i am happy with it. I wouldnt say it's sensational though. As far as useability and robustness it is 100% - image quality isnt as good as i would like it. I think it complies with the CAMS 100gm rule (for the camera head anyway). It comes with a little RF remote for turning it on and off, which is handy. You simply download the video from the unit or the secure digital memory card (it can take an 8gb card). A supersprint session would take about 150mb (on higher quality setting) so it's good for a lot of video.

I have tried several like this (which take memory cards) - before that i was using a miniDV (tape) camera, and i have to say none of the memory card cameras have come close to the "raw" quality of the miniDV. But frigging around with tapes etc. is a pain too. In the end, if the vids are on computer and/or youtube, there probably isnt much point in higher quality. It just shits me that a $250 miniDV tape camera yields a better quality image than a $1000 memory card one. Anyway, the CAMS people have not given me any grief about this "POV" camera. The data overlays are done using driftbox data and merging the two using special software (that doesnt come with the camera).

cheers mate

Great times and good video. Little bit out of sync though with the data logger as it states your braking when clearly you are not.

I wouldnt pay much attention to the ACCEL and BRAKE indicators, they are just fed from the driftbox ~ measuring g-forces. ie. not meant to be accel/brake pedal %

I really should remove those.

Stuart this is the camera i am using:

http://www.vsport.com.au/ecommerce/?categoryID=157

Overall i am happy with it. I wouldnt say it's sensational though. As far as useability and robustness it is 100% - image quality isnt as good as i would like it. I think it complies with the CAMS 100gm rule (for the camera head anyway). It comes with a little RF remote for turning it on and off, which is handy. You simply download the video from the unit or the secure digital memory card (it can take an 8gb card). A supersprint session would take about 150mb (on higher quality setting) so it's good for a lot of video.

I have tried several like this (which take memory cards) - before that i was using a miniDV (tape) camera, and i have to say none of the memory card cameras have come close to the "raw" quality of the miniDV. But frigging around with tapes etc. is a pain too. In the end, if the vids are on computer and/or youtube, there probably isnt much point in higher quality. It just shits me that a $250 miniDV tape camera yields a better quality image than a $1000 memory card one. Anyway, the CAMS people have not given me any grief about this "POV" camera. The data overlays are done using driftbox data and merging the two using special software (that doesnt come with the camera).

cheers mate

Thanks for info on camera - most appreciated. What's shitted me, for 3 days, is getting spring rates on Tein suspension - from all suppliers nationally, to do set up, unsucessfully with part #'s supplied - so its gone! (anyone wanting superstreet Teins less than 200km old suit R33 GTR send PM - great road, not a track setup) and we are going to try some BC Racing, (budget) seem's to be similar to HSD anyway - which have worked reasonable in the R32, like me - Good and Simple to set up!

Any incar footage on OP? may have a tip for you - for GTR line! (this is secret - haha) [email protected]

Thanks Duncan