SAU Community

R34 Intercooler Help Please

Proberly not but putting a bigger intercooler on it will give you better air flow and pickup. I would recommend it!

It all depends on weather you want it to remain stock or not.

Proberly not but putting a bigger intercooler on it will give you better air flow and pickup. I would recommend it!

It all depends on weather you want it to remain stock or not.

im thinking i should mainly because my mate told me it will take alot of stress of the engine even with factory boost settings ?

im thinking i should mainly because my mate told me it will take alot of stress of the engine even with factory boost settings ?

you already have a stock intercooler, i think the stock intercooler is fine for stock boost.

but that doesnt mean you shouldnt get a FMIC.

it really comes down to how you are driving. if you don't go to any track days or to the strip at all and only occasionally give it a squirt on the street then the stock cooler will be fine. if you plan on doing a lot of hard accelerating over a longer period of time (such as on a race track) then a fmic is a good idea. even though the stock r34 cooler is bigger than that of the earlier models it will still suffer from heat soak from prolonged acceleration.