SAU Community

Hicas Lock Bar Installation

agentx

one of the workshops from the recommended section agreed to install it today. bit pricey (quoted 260 for installation only, i had my own lock bar) but that includes around 80$ of banjo fittings and hoses to reroute the hoses into the power steering pump instead of blocking the lines (which puts less pressure on the pump apparently).

Hopefully the jobs done good, picking the car up around 5ish today.

just got it back, the HICAS light isn't on and the steering feels exactly the same as before (very hard, sorta like no power steering) ... i know i need to get a wheel allignment done but will that make a huge difference all of a sudden? i thought it would be fixed by now :)

just got it back, the HICAS light isn't on and the steering feels exactly the same as before (very hard, sorta like no power steering) ... i know i need to get a wheel allignment done but will that make a huge difference all of a sudden? i thought it would be fixed by now :)

Did you tell the workshop who installed why you wanted it and if they thought it would fix the problem?

First thing i would be looking at is your power steering pump.

no I assumed its the HICAS since the light kept turning on and off and the steering got really heavy all of a sudden. I'll tell them to have a look at the pump if the wheel alignment doesn't help.

no I assumed its the HICAS since the light kept turning on and off and the steering got really heavy all of a sudden. I'll tell them to have a look at the pump if the wheel alignment doesn't help.

Do you have an aftermarket steering wheel, have been told that can cause the light to come on.

It's possible the HICAS light was coming on because the power steering pump was faulty and not supplying it with fluid? Meaning your HICAS was fine all along.

ok so $1300 later, i have the pump and an exhaust leak fixed :P lesson for other people out there, if there's a problem with your power steering (being too hard) ... its your PUMP!

ouch. My power steering has been removed, feels gooooooood.

ok so $1300 later, i have the pump and an exhaust leak fixed :P lesson for other people out there, if there's a problem with your power steering (being too hard) ... its your PUMP!

Been there done that, had a problem with my car, after a week of running around and paying $500 for parts it turned out to be nothing to do with them and cost me another $500 for a mechanic to fix it.

$1000 in the hole.

I'm actually not THAT sad considering the car's running so much better and also, after a year of thinking the car's steering is just a bit heavier and not having driven a skyline before ... its HEAVEN steering the car :P but yea could've done the exact same work for 500 if i pointed the thing out earlier.

Now to get to the real mods :) SAFC put in and tuned to 14 psi