SAU Community

Anyone Know Any Good Powder Coaters In Adelaide?

DK 33

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my girlfriend got some wheels done for $25 each (sandblasted and coated) there pretty decent as well.

they were done somewhere in lonsdale. i think it was lonsdale power coaters or something, granted, it could have been AAA. i have no idea

• 2 years later...

Hate to revive an old topic, but has anyone had some work done recently they can suggest?

certainly, marshall powder coaters in wingfield. the guy is super cool, he actually likes doing car parts because he does a hell of a lot of fencing and it gets boring lol.... he also has a sandblaster mate who works a few streets over, so you can get it all done at the same place.

oh, and it doesnt cost much at all! I had a bunch of pieces done (engine covers, strut braces, diverter etc) for under $150 incl sandblasting

-D

I had some stuff done by Morestel Powder Coaters in North Plympton. I has happy with them.

My engine covers are being done in candy blue by them next week ! $30 a cover very decent price indeed, will have to see how they turn out.

My engine covers are being done in candy blue by them next week ! $30 a cover very decent price indeed, will have to see how they turn out.

DSCF0531.JPG

DSCF0532.JPG

DSCF0533.JPG

DSCF0534.JPG

DSCF0535.JPG

0927_085421.jpg

went to a powder coaters, had the worst wheel with gutter rash to quote from but its not as bad as it looks, guy said he would have to hand file it, but from my toolmakers point of view its barelt past the paint besides the edge of the rim. Guess i will call around a bit more. Thanks for the suggestions so far.

certainly, marshall powder coaters in wingfield. the guy is super cool, he actually likes doing car parts because he does a hell of a lot of fencing and it gets boring lol.... he also has a sandblaster mate who works a few streets over, so you can get it all done at the same place.

oh, and it doesnt cost much at all! I had a bunch of pieces done (engine covers, strut braces, diverter etc) for under $150 incl sandblasting

-D

+1. Pretty rad dude running the joint. Good prices too.

And Art Metal Coatings in Holden Hill get a recommendation from me too.

Had my rims powder coated a few weeks ago by

Edwardstown Powdercoating

Called a few local places in adelaide, and these guys by far were the cheapest and had the quickest turn around.

The rims came out looking awsome.

Very friendly guys too.

Thinking I will go with Edwardstown too - Most conveniant for me and not badly priced - found cheaper but sometimes you get what you pay for. My only problem now is they asked if I wanted a clear coat over the silver.....

well, got my covers back from EDITED

can certainly say for anyone looking, do not even consider them

i was told 30 bucks a cover and itd take two days,

dropped em off monday, they laugh at me on tuesday and say it takes over a week to do them.

i got them back today somehow, huh.gif

they said i can only take my covers when i pay 200 CASH.

me being in a rush to get my car running didnt even think of them over charging me by 80 bucks

i told them to tape up my breather connections, they didnt

the paint work is f*&king crap.

rocker covers fade from light to dark from one end to the other, valley cover the opposite direction.

3 covers need re-doing

anyway

hope i can somehow get my money back

doubtful.

anyone know what i can do in this situation?

seeing as i have no receipt or written quote.

well, got my covers back from EDITED

can certainly say for anyone looking, do not even consider them

i was told 30 bucks a cover and itd take two days,

dropped em off monday, they laugh at me on tuesday and say it takes over a week to do them.

i got them back today somehow, huh.gif

they said i can only take my covers when i pay 200 CASH.

me being in a rush to get my car running didnt even think of them over charging me by 80 bucks

i told them to tape up my breather connections, they didnt

the paint work is f*&king crap.

rocker covers fade from light to dark from one end to the other, valley cover the opposite direction.

3 covers need re-doing

anyway

hope i can somehow get my money back

doubtful.

anyone know what i can do in this situation?

seeing as i have no receipt or written quote.

:(

Wow, that really sucks to hear. I had a had a good experience with them, and so has Luke_ENR34, which was why I went with them.

Did you pay cash or card? I am guessing cash since you said "they said i can only take my covers when i pay 200 CASH", in which case I would have asked for a receipt. If you paid card then you have a money trail you can use to go to the ACCC with maybe.

However if it was painted it wasn't their handy work, but should still liable for it as they suggested to use the painters, and organized it for you. Maybe speak to the ACCC anyway and see what can and can't be done.

They said they don't take eftpos. rang them up then told them about the crap paint job the response ' you get that in the paint' asked why I was charged 80 bucks more. ' it's a 250 buck job you got it cheap because it requires two coats - sparkle and blue. I originally was quoted 120 for the job where did this extra money come from ? they stuffed me around all week . I just hung up. I need 3 covers re done. Waste of money.