Phillcom Rally Time Attack Round 2

Catford

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not trying to bag the guy in the Colt but he was pushing it pretty hard all day, and through the esses my mate noticed that one of his rear wheels was continually off the ground. He was definately unlucky rolling it and no one deserves that but in the end at least he walked away relatively unharmed (from what I could see). The car looked awfully stiff with not much body roll at all, could have played a part in the accident.

(Vu - That's a bloody good pic mate, how's your timing!! :() Edit: or maybe it wasn't yours!! Whoevers it is, they did well! :thumbsup:

Edited by 32godzilla

I didnt take the photo - its in the gsr evo thread, who ever took it did pretty damn well aye! and whoever took the photos of the shot by shot just as it happens chose a good time to start taking them shots!

Time to update your sig block Chad....1:20.94 Good work

Thanks mate, I thought that was you working on Munro's car but i wasn't sure. Like the last time attack my car ran awesome at first but then i started to get this really loud metal grinding kind of sound coming from my car when i put my foot on the clutch and put it in gear and was finding it hard to select gears. I was nearly ready to put the car on the trailer and end my day but we bleed the clutch fluid and i went out again and by the end of the day the noise was gone but i still had trouble choosing gears, so it looks like i'll have to take out the box and find out whats going on :( but apart from that i had a awesome day and i cant wait for the next one :happy: Well done the the GSR/EVO guys for putting on another awesome event :thumbsup:

Not good to hear Chad, looks like everyone had a great time though! Poor fella with the Colt, gotta feel sorry for him :thumbsup:

Especially since his track car will be finished very shortly (only just missed getting it ready for the TA) and that was his daily driver

Thanks guys :/ I've got some more footage of a few other cars to edit and i'll post them up in the next day or 2

Well done with the event Tristan, you and the rest of the guys who helped with the event need to be congratulated :)

I had an awesome day even with my car problems. All i wanted to do when i got out of the car was go and watch the other cars out there. That was one of the best mix of cars i've seen out on the track. I'll be at the next time attack for sure.

Where do I start? First up... toe in.. ha ha ha that killed me. I saw that Colt roll & it took everyone by surprise. I know it is good to get a bit of air but this guy excelled himself. Very bad luck.

I agree with you Martin. RH9 was the best sounding car. Steve drifting out of the esses into the start straight on full power was a sight to behold. I was wondering who was laying all the double black lines out of every corner - now I know. Looks like that front diff problem is still there!!!

Had a ball in my Race R33. Gratitude to James & Matt from Nisspeed who worked tirelessly to get the car ready & also to my brother Daniel for bringing the GTR out in his new trailer so I could drive the R35 out & have both cars there.

The R33 certainly is a handful (huge smoke cloud on 1st hard braking corner shows my inexperience) & we do have a few issues to sort through, but overall I am very happy with the car & looking forward to getting used to it & having some fun.

I am used to running nines in a straight line but hitting the brakes at the last minute, steering, & doing it all over again is a bit new to me so will take some practice!!!

I was very happy to get a 16.4 & a 16.6 out of the 7 hot laps that I did in the R33. After we decided to trailer the car due to a few minor issues (better to be on the safe side - I have had my share of broken engines!!!) the GSR/EVO guys very graciously let me run the R35 for 1 session & I was delighted with an 18, 2 x 17s, then the 15.8. My best time so far!

Fantastic day & cant wait for the next time.

Where do I start? First up... toe in.. ha ha ha that killed me. I saw that Colt roll & it took everyone by surprise. I know it is good to get a bit of air but this guy excelled himself. Very bad luck.

I agree with you Martin. RH9 was the best sounding car. Steve drifting out of the esses into the start straight on full power was a sight to behold. I was wondering who was laying all the double black lines out of every corner - now I know. Looks like that front diff problem is still there!!!

Had a ball in my Race R33. Gratitude to James & Matt from Nisspeed who worked tirelessly to get the car ready & also to my brother Daniel for bringing the GTR out in his new trailer so I could drive the R35 out & have both cars there.

The R33 certainly is a handful (huge smoke cloud on 1st hard braking corner shows my inexperience) & we do have a few issues to sort through, but overall I am very happy with the car & looking forward to getting used to it & having some fun.

I am used to running nines in a straight line but hitting the brakes at the last minute, steering, & doing it all over again is a bit new to me so will take some practice!!!

I was very happy to get a 16.4 & a 16.6 out of the 7 hot laps that I did in the R33. After we decided to trailer the car due to a few minor issues (better to be on the safe side - I have had my share of broken engines!!!) the GSR/EVO guys very graciously let me run the R35 for 1 session & I was delighted with an 18, 2 x 17s, then the 15.8. My best time so far!

Fantastic day & cant wait for the next time.

According to the Motec data logging your fastest lap in the 33 was with the least amount of power. Another interesting fact is the car happily spun 27psi of boost, would love to see what it would be putting out now considering it made 824hp @ 22psi. Fun times ahead. James and I where looking at some more ARC goodies for you today.