SAU Community

Car crash/explosion on Leach Hwy

ARGH34

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cars are desigined for nose to tails as thats the most common type of accident. Hitting a solid object at high speed is different.

I think the figures for fatality are, 30-40kmhr side on impact, 55-65 kmhr front on impact.

When i saw that i was kinda shocked, 30kmhr is all it takes. :Paranoid:

Below is a copy of an email I have sent to the editor of the West via their web site. Regardless of circumstance this is a tragic accident and my condolences to all involved.

In regards to your article title "Boy Racers Spend Big for life in the Fast Lane."

I am a 32 year old Australia (not of Asian descent, not that it should matter) and I own an imported Japanese sedan.

After reading this articles on page 5 of Fridays West I think Luke Morfesse should have a close look at the vehicles involved in fatal (or any accident) over the past few months and I am extremely confident that both he and yourself will discover that more commonly available locally manufactured vehicles have been involved in the majority of these.

It is poorly researched articles such as these that give the general public a negative opinion on everyday law abiding Japanese Import Car Enthusiasts such as myself and a rapidly growing number of others in our state and country.

Next time you drive on one of our freeways and you see some questionable driving skills (or lack off) take a look at the vehicle they are driving and then have a think about the article you have published, nothing but an extremely poor biased attempt at sensationalizing an extremely tragic event for all involved.

for everyone that holds a opinion, and says that rony was a idiot to speed, let me tell you something...

MAHATMA GANDHI, a well respected man of politics, religion and life once had a lady come up to him, because of his great statue and respect, begging him to tell her son not to eat sugar because it was not good for him.

In responce, Gandhi said to the lady to come back and see me in 2 weeks and ask me again then.

The lady asked him intrigued and asked why then?

He said, because in 2 weeks i will not have eaten sugar for 2 weeks. then i will tell him

think about it

peace

nate

yeh. & how can they be sure tht it was a street race? It gave public the impression tht high perf. Japanese car drivers will always be indulging in dangerous driving;.. and tht commodores or other cars drivers are the sensible ones------->crap

...and the article targets Asians.----------> Racist....

• 3 years later...

as old as this thread is i just had an incident which brings light to relevance in this thread. but reflecting on the main subject matter of this thread i feel alot of people defending this person who caused this situation are severely deluded.

all well and good if you know this guy and i am sure alot of people stand to defend his charcter but all the character and good nature in the world wont justify a life lost. for people to say this could happen to any of us is ridiculous. think about it...and think about it good.

how many people on the roads everyday driving in normal vehicles driving by the speed limit have these kinds of crashes? really how many? very little if any right? why? we drive to a speed limit..yes. we anticipate the worst when we have passengers...yes? why? because we are responsible for there lives when we are driving the car they are riding in.

this guy cared for no one but himself and his ego by CLEARLY racing other vehicles. i have not heard of any car that suddenly accelerates excessively in the presence of other faster cars around. dont blame the type of car or the mods it has...cars are only controlled by one person and one person only.

better circumstances perhaps would have favoured him and his passengers,but remove the circumstance in the first place and this will not happen...ever. from what i have read i am the typical demographic in which they try to target.

i am of asian origin and have owned 4 jap modified import vehicles since getting my license( i am 33) and i can only ever recall getting any grief only once with one car and that was not knowing the power of my vehicle changing lanes. the cars i have had are 260 Z, mazda RX7, MX6 Turbo and a R32 GTR.hardly cars that blend in .it has been 7 years since my last infringement of any kind due to not being an idiot or being extra extra lucky. any loss is a sad loss even ones that were preventable, which brings me to my incident relating to this thread.

the stretch of tonkin hwy between leach and grt eastern is in question. speed is 100kmh...middle aged man i suppose you can call him in a Mazda MPS. take off at the lights and he is actually trying to run me, i only know this as i can see the front of his car darting back and forth on my left. finding it hard to understand why we get to 100 in a sane manner obviously in a quicker time he could, i dont understand why he is showing off, maybe curious to see how his car goes against me more than likely.

i slow down to let him pass as i need to get into the left hand lane and he speeds off..this is @100kmh.

as he does i see a female passenger shaking her head and then to my disgust i see 2 KIDS in the back seat!!!! he was looking straight ahead obviously in shame of his idiocy. the guy would have been at least early to mid 40s. tragedy and stupidity has no demographic and is only prevented by common sense...where available.

if you have no self control..take it to the track or get of the f@ckin road. i want to live and so do my friends and families. there is no exception or excuse, and if there is it can only be poor.