SAU Community

Flutterdump/dose

Ninja gts25t

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it just me or do 50% of the people on this site really only want a turbo vehicle for the noise? I like my turbo for the acceleration and find the noises annoying.

Is it just me or do 50% of the people on this site really only want a turbo vehicle for the noise? I like my turbo for the acceleration and find the noises annoying.

Yeah that's true for me <puts hand up> :banana:

The acceleration is a nice added bonus, but I have never boosted my car to its 2nd stage boost (7psi) as I have never revved it past 4,500rpm in normal day to day, point A to B driving. & that's all my car is used for, as a daily drive around Corolla.

It won't do anything unless you're still running an AFM, and then it's just going to fuel up a bit.

LOL Krab, are you serious? never taken it over 4500rpm?!

Edited by bubba

Yeah it is... my roommate bought one for his TT supra... I had to drive it to the mechanics last weekend cause he was working... fuvking embarrasing as shit!

What a stupid noise to come out of a car...

isnt that whistling sound or high pitch sound the HKS ssqv?

used to have that on my 34

You did? from what I remember your 34 had that "whoosh" sound, like the factory BOV with pod ?? not that you revved very hard when I drove along side you.

You did? from what I remember your 34 had that "whoosh" sound, like the factory BOV with pod ?? not that you revved very hard when I drove along side you.

yeah when you heard it, was when I had the stock bov back on, had a HKS a month or 2 before and the sound got too annoying so ended up smashing the stock back on...

some bov's like the blitz have a little allen key screw which u can tighten and un tighten... tightening this screw will make the spring harder and will not allow the bov to open fully under boost. This will also give you flutter.

Untightening the screw will open it up and give you the normal sound.

Edited by br3ndan

have the stock BOV (blocked) as well on 11psi with a pod and get a small flutter no major vl doseing tho dont mind the sound better than high pitched fart noises. also how you use your right foot

Agreed, alot of tosser's just love the sound of it, but "Haaaa Chew Chew Chew" is much better than that quick high pitched squeak those WRXs and EVO's do, f**k man, hearing that shit makes me homocidal.

YES could not agree more i hate the squeaks and whistle sounding ones, worst when you see them at a motorplex trying to drop a skid shit sounds horrid.

i facepalm so hard my nose hurts

I'd rather pull my exhaust apart to find my turbo blades than have that squeak shit.

This in a lower pitch would sound sick. Like, the same pitch as spooling up on a stock RB 32 turbo

(the sound the Supra makes after the burnout, not during the race)

All this talk of flutter pipe dump dosage is making me dizzy.

Edited by Nic_A31

LOL Krab, are you serious? never taken it over 4500rpm?!

Pretty much, usually I make sure the gear box changes at ~3 to 3.5k rpm. :D

i have a standard BOV with pod filter ad it sounds great. it flutters nice but it can also be quiet when i want :)

and its not illegal :(

+1, also if I drive super granny then theres no sound at all.

i think the dose a stock turbo sounds a bit wierd but still u can change that with the different front pipes u use. i have a rb25 with a top mount gt35/40 and that sounds good dosing and so far i don think its done any damage but i think a bov is healthier for your car but i don see ne skyline or vl turbo being treaded nicely to prolong turbo life neways so just do it =) i dare say u might not like the sound or the engine will run rough with a afm neways so u may have no choice but to put it back standard . doesn hurt to try if ur bored though

just installed my blitz bov (with the little air filter thingy)

sounds awesome, better than the high pitch ssq sound hehe

and better than flutter but yeh, with this bov i can make it so tight it won't open + cause flutter or just let it go PTSHH :ninja: sounds 1337

• 7 months later...

agreed it is 50/50 whoever u talk to so personal prefrence is the choice in the end.I took off a gfb ppssshhht bov on my 96 180 for flutter and at 1 bar evryday 4 4 years it didnt kill the turbo...

I have a question to any gurus out there if can help,

I just bought a 32 4dr and it is a very good tuned street car and runs a upgraded turbo and tuned power fc with hand controller.My question is will blocking up the standard bov (previous owner kept it not aftermarket 1) "throw out" somehow or interfere with the power fc or not..

Cheers :woot: