SAU Community

R33 / R34 Gtr Pfc

Can anyone confirm if the R34 GTR pfc can work on the R33 GTR.

I always thought the harness plug was different.... but thats probably just for the NEO versions(20/25)

This is a pic of a of a pfc with the corresponding serial no. - BNR34L ***-****post-42272-1249769542_thumb.jpg

From what i've read there is some difference with the cas, but can the original r33 cas be rewired to work???

and what else needs to be done?

Thanks.

Can anyone confirm if the R34 GTR pfc can work on the R33 GTR.

I always thought the harness plug was different.... but thats probably just for the NEO versions(20/25)

This is a pic of a of a pfc with the corresponding serial no. - BNR34L ***-****post-42272-1249769542_thumb.jpg

From what i've read there is some difference with the cas, but can the original r33 cas be rewired to work???

and what else needs to be done?

Thanks.

Yes NEO's use a diferent plug.

For the GTR's, the plug is the same on them all. Yes the CAS wiring is diferent. The power wiring is diferent too, something to do with the X-relay when igniton is on and also when cranking but I cant remember specifics. Its much easier to get the correct ecu for the job.

Edited by GTRNUR

Ok I got the pinout for the R34 Gtr and the major differences i can see are:

The IGN switch signal needs to be relocated

The crank 1* and 120* signals are interchanged

The FPCM 1 & 2 are interchanged

There is no throttle valve SW power pin on the r34

There is no throttle valve SW(idle contact) on the r34- IMMU instead on this pin.

Other than that some earths are moved, there is no CLK(synchronized signal),there is an additional pin for an aux fan and thats it.

It doesn't seem such a bis deal to modify, my major concerns are the type of cas signal and the IMMU (immobilizer) shit.

I know Trent (URAS) was checking this out a while ago as well..... Pls comment.

Thanks.

Ok I got the pinout for the R34 Gtr and the major differences i can see are:

The IGN switch signal needs to be relocated

The crank 1* and 120* signals are interchanged

The FPCM 1 & 2 are interchanged

There is no throttle valve SW power pin on the r34

There is no throttle valve SW(idle contact) on the r34- IMMU instead on this pin.

Other than that some earths are moved, there is no CLK(synchronized signal),there is an additional pin for an aux fan and thats it.

It doesn't seem such a bis deal to modify, my major concerns are the type of cas signal and the IMMU (immobilizer) shit.

I know Trent (URAS) was checking this out a while ago as well..... Pls comment.

Thanks.

Yes its not a big deal to modify...the Vi-PEC plug-in boards simply have two dip switches on the board to convert from R33 to R34. Maybe contact Vi-PEC to find out what circuits are switched...i know one of them is the crank triggers.

From the Vipec manual there are 4 dip switches to change the cas signal because the r34 is reversed compared to the r33.

The only other issue they mention is feeding the ac relay from a switched ign source due to backfeed.

From the Vipec manual there are 4 dip switches to change the cas signal because the r34 is reversed compared to the r33.

The only other issue they mention is feeding the ac relay from a switched ign source due to backfeed.

yes...sorry 4 dips...spot on.