SAU Community

Coil Update!

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

well turns out, as many of you had said, that the coil packs are stuffed, i hadnt retried them with the new plugs yet, but while ive been waiting for the plugs i showed my coils to my mechanic and he quickly identified what was wrong with them....on one side of the coil there is a clear plastic resin that insulates the wires, well in that resin you can see black burn marks where its shorted out,,,i saw the marks before but never relised they werent supose to be like that because all 6 coils have these marks!!!! i cant believe my car even started!!

cant wait to drive the car once i get the new coils and plugs in

Wow all six where out haha, thats crazy...car should be so much better when you get that all fixed up!!

yeah for sure, cant wait, im considering gettting these coils, http://www.redlineperformance.co.nz/?actio...∂=26090 anyone know what brand they are? as the split fires are almost 1000 bucks :P

Edited by AYW550

a mate of mine just got yellow jacket coils for his 33 gts-t and has found them good. they only cost him a bit over $300

yeah i was interrested in thoes yelow jackets too but the retail guys say they are still in testing for the NEO :P

turns out that the red ones in the pic are the coils for a r32, lol but all they could tell me was they are all black casing and get them from the same place in tiawan where they make the splitfires and they have a 12 month warrenty under the store,

but im pretty impressed with the factory ones even tho they all blew, cos after all they are 12 years old!

Edited by AYW550

got my new coils and plugs in (the coils turned out to have a red casing after all) and now my car runs better then ever before, idles super low and very smooth, no sign of the engine light, thank god

totally, its been like 2 months since i could really drive it and enjoy it without that light comming on and it running like shit, was really making me pretty dark about the whole thing