SAU Community

Rb26 Plenum And Itb On Rb20

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Welcome mate. Nice fabrication work though. If you dont use it im sure someone with an RB25DE head on their RB30 would use it. They are aparently the same intake port size.

Have a look at this thread, It's not completely compatible with what you are asking but they used a GTR plenum welded onto the RB20 runners, standard RB20 bottom end, standard cams with shimmed valve springs, big turbo and lots of boost. Was just done for shits and giggles to see how much a standard RB20 can take before they blow. they made 370rwkw and never killed it. The boost flat line is because that's the max' of the MAP sensor.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Tu...-M-t214053.html

DSCF5721.jpg

Edited by D_Stirls

Have a look at this thread, It's not completely compatible with what you are asking but they used a GTR plenum welded onto the RB20 runners, standard RB20 bottom end, standard cams with shimmed valve springs, big turbo and lots of boost. Was just done for shits and giggles to see how much a standard RB20 can take before they blow. they made 370rwkw and never killed it. The boost flat line is because that's the max' of the MAP sensor.

http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Tu...-M-t214053.html

DSCF5721.jpg

That's what I used as an example when building my manifold.

• 4 weeks later...

Well its about a month later and thought i would post up what has happened, i didnt end up getting to the dyno and parts didnt turn up so it all

just seemed to fall in a heap. i have the manifold nearly all done just a few small things to do, then i can move onto the rest of the build.

i would guess there is around 20 hours in porting this manifold and the runners all end up perfect. no lumps or bumps and a very smooth flow

through the manifold joins. there wont be much progress for a while now untill i get back from japan in late october. and before i can get this one finished

there is a new build in the pipe line for a 1000hp 4cyl nissan engine to go into a 1200 ute. what 4cylinder you ask? time will tell and its not what you think!

post-12049-1252499942_thumb.jpg

post-12049-1252500199_thumb.jpg

post-12049-1252501008_thumb.jpg

post-12049-1252501267_thumb.jpg

post-12049-1252501559_thumb.jpg

Well its about a month later and thought i would post up what has happened, i didnt end up getting to the dyno and parts didnt turn up so it all

just seemed to fall in a heap. i have the manifold nearly all done just a few small things to do, then i can move onto the rest of the build.

i would guess there is around 20 hours in porting this manifold and the runners all end up perfect. no lumps or bumps and a very smooth flow

through the manifold joins. there wont be much progress for a while now untill i get back from japan in late october. and before i can get this one finished

there is a new build in the pipe line for a 1000hp 4cyl nissan engine to go into a 1200 ute. what 4cylinder you ask? time will tell and its not what you think!

Has to be a CA, :)