SAU Community

11mm To 12mm Head Stud Rb25 Block Rb26 Head

ijoshi

hey

can i drill and tap the rb25 block to 12mm to suit a rb26 head myself?

or would it be best left to the pros, also where in sydney and how much?

also would i be able to use the standard rb26 ecu and loom.......rb26 head on rb25 bottom end

cheers, josh

I've gotta ask... whats the motivation for this?

You have VCT with the 25 head. Get an adaptor made to get the ITB's if that is what you are after, otherwise a RB25 head even stock innards holds 350rwkw without a drama, plenty of people dont that now on stock head gear.

Failing that i would be going a NEO head, not a RB26 one.

I've gotta ask... whats the motivation for this?

You have VCT with the 25 head. Get an adaptor made to get the ITB's if that is what you are after, otherwise a RB25 head even stock innards holds 350rwkw without a drama, plenty of people dont that now on stock head gear.

Failing that i would be going a NEO head, not a RB26 one.

+1

And drilling the block is not such a good idea. I now there are people who will say 'but I've done it and never had an issue' but it does weaken the block and is not completely necessary.

You can just use the 25 studs but it is advised to have ARP washers with a larger OD to suit the head.

what needs to be done? i might scrap the rb25 idea

will it go straight on the rb30 block? s2, i have a rb30 lying around as well, i need the car to pass a blue slip not sure if rb30 engine capacity is allowed for r33 gtst

i am thinking of rb25de pistons ceramic coated rb30 standard bottom end

then all i need is a ecu for it

If your going to waste time with DE pistsons, rebuilds etc just to make use of a 26 head...

I suggest this as a much faster and more efficient alternative, no legalities, no worries and so on...

1. Sell RB26 head.

2. Buy complete RB25

3. Install

Should work out around the same by the time you throw money about putting DE pistons in and so on for a cheap rebuild... you get an entire package ready to go.

If you also then have turbos and stuff lying around (to put on), then you sell off the RB25DET turbo gear and install your own.