SAU Community

Upgrade Turbo

M R33

Heys guys im just looking at mayb doing a small turbo upgrade, i want something that bolts straight on to standard flange etc etc somethings thats suitable and good but in the low price range to?? or even just highflow standard turbo?? can any 1 give me some options, suggetions

oh and its and rb25

thanks

HKS GT2535 (350HP) GT2540 (400HP)

HKS GT-RS (400HP)

HKS GT2835 PRO S (450HP)

All the above will bolt onto stock manifold, and use stock dump pipe (apart from the 2835 but if you buy the kit it will come with the dump pipe).

Will make good power with a aftermarket fuel pump, injectors, afm and ecu

Edited by Kaido_RR

ZOMG FLAMES OF THREAD DOOMMMMMM !!!!eleven

USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION...... oh wait it Broken and comes up with some french error crap. WTF

Board Message

Sorry, an error occurred. If you are unsure on how to use a feature, or don't know why you got this error message, try looking through the help files for more information.

The error returned was:

Erreur Sphinx : searchd error: unknown local index 'ipb_search_topics' in search request

Merci de contacter un Administrateur !

Anyway a hiflo is the only thing that will bolt straight up. A HKS 2530 or 2535, GTRS, 2835 etc will bolt up to the manifold, but oil lines and dump will have to be replaced with different ones. But any garret 2871 would be sweet for 350RWHP.

Good luck

While HKS are awesome they are a lot more expensive, then again the kit comes with everything you need (oil/water lines, gaskets, bolts, etc). I hear HKS are pretty much Garret turbo's re-engineered for more response/power.

Tell us how much money you want to spend, and what mods you already have.

Edited by SKYRYAN

kk atm i have 270 rwhp i have zorst, cooler, airfitler, greddy emanage but im about to change it for vipec ummm thats about it just all the other usal stuf like highflow cat etc etc, im not to sure weather i need to change injectors, but i need to change coilpacks and fuel pump? i want around 350hp and spend around the 3k mark if possible.

thanks guys

Search the forced induction thread

Hypergear seems to have a good results for huflowing and for just under $1000 including oil/water lines its pretty good bang for buck

i think the KKR turbos from otomoto needs a new dump pipe?

if you want bolt on go the HKS range they are bolt on provide good response but they can be dear, how ever they always pop up on yahoo auction, HKS2535, GT-RS is good turbo for 300-350 hp range and response is like nearly same as the stock turbo :)

im sorta on the same boat but i have afew more support mods exept injectors (comming soon).

iv heard stories that a gt3076 can fit on a stock mani with alil work? if not ill go the gtrs.

ZOMG FLAMES OF THREAD DOOMMMMMM !!!!eleven

USE THE SEARCH FUNCTION...... oh wait it Broken and comes up with some french error crap. WTF

Anyway a hiflo is the only thing that will bolt straight up. A HKS 2530 or 2535, GTRS, 2835 etc will bolt up to the manifold, but oil lines and dump will have to be replaced with different ones. But any garret 2871 would be sweet for 350RWHP.

Good luck

HKS GT2530,2535 and GTS-RS Use the stock flange for the dump pipe so you can use your stock one or an aftermarket one if you already have one. Also from my experience you can also use the stock lines (water and oil) on the 25** series turbo.

GT-RS comes in a kit with everything you need as does the 2835 PRO S

Jap brand turbos are a rip off, go with garett.

How are they are rip off?

kk atm i have 270 rwhp i have zorst, cooler, airfitler, greddy emanage but im about to change it for vipec ummm thats about it just all the other usal stuf like highflow cat etc etc, im not to sure weather i need to change injectors, but i need to change coilpacks and fuel pump? i want around 350hp and spend around the 3k mark if possible.

thanks guys

Firstly i think your 270rwhp figure is inaccurate. Could be a happy dyno but you wont have that power with those mods.

I am going to assume you mean you want 350rwhp

3k will not cut it

you will probably need a gt3076r or gt3071r may scrape that power. $1900

injectors & z32 afm $1200

custom dump and cooler piping $500

oil and water lines $300

New computer $1650 vipec

bosch 044 fuel pump $250

Tune $500-800

$6300 - 6600

Thats without labour as well. Your dreaming if you think 3k will get you 350rwhp

And yes you can use garrett turbos on stock manifold. Just use spacer or a few gaskets.

I think you either gotta bust out some serious doe for an upgrade or be happy with mild mods.

Then keep in mind you will gain lag with the bigger turbos.

If you went the hks route it would probably cost another $700 ontop of that

How aren't they a rip off? GT-RS are around $3500 for the kit, I would rather buy a GT3076 kit which is cheaper and has WAY more potential

When the exchange rate was really poor around the 60 mark, i bought in a GT-RS kit which cost $3000 all up

Now that the exchange rate is back up you will be looking around the $2500 BRAND NEW.

which is very good bang for bucks! complete kit inc all lines and gaskets, for a between 300 - 400rwhp doesn't seem like a rip off.