SAU Community

Upgrade Turbo

M R33

http://www.nengun.com/hks/turbo-kit-gt-sports-pro

http://www.nengun.com/hks/turbo-kit-gt-rs

$2500 new i dont think so. Those prices dont include freight either and i am pretty sure that they will get charged stamp duty as well.

Besides the gtrs wont be good for 350rwhp.

why would i lie?

I have bought in 2 GT-RS kits for SAUWA members, one during good exchange rate the other not so good.

I know of one white s2 r33 tune by xspeed making 350rwhp @ 16psi if you like i can get him to post up his dyno sheet?

why would i lie?

I have bought in 2 GT-RS kits for SAUWA members, one during good exchange rate the other not so good.

I know of one white s2 r33 tune by xspeed making 350rwhp @ 16psi if you like i can get him to post up his dyno sheet?

I am perfectly aware Michael that you bought those kits yourself and even installed them for Karl and Ryan. Have you seen what power there putting out. Granted karl didnt have injectors he only just got 300rwhp and ryan with injectors got 312rwhp

x-speed dyno figures mean nothing to me.

I am perfectly aware Michael that you bought those kits yourself and even installed them for Karl and Ryan. Have you seen what power there putting out. Granted karl didnt have injectors he only just got 300rwhp and ryan with injectors got 312rwhp

only bought Karl kit not ryan.

There are many case of the GT-RS making more power check out http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Rb...GTRS&st=400

just because karl couldn't make more doesn't mean the turbo doesn't have the power the make more there are so many factors. HKS rates the turbo at 400PS, so 350rwhp seems like its very achievable

(Michael/Kaido RR didn't get my GT-RS :()

The tuners I talked to said they find the GT-RS doesn't quite make the power they say they do...

BUT!

I think for 350rwhp+ you're going to need a good tune (not rich, give it timing) on a built engine with high boost. Also I believe there may be a couple different versions of the GT-RS. Mine was $1700 with HKS dump/front pipe and all the lines so I'm not complaining!

With stock turbo I got ~280rwhp on one dyno, and 234rwhp on Tenagah's dyno (apparently read pretty low on our SAUWA dyno day for everyone that went). So perhaps on a happy dyno (Top Racing?) my car will read ~350rwhp.

GT-RS is on boost pretty quickly, great for street/track.. there are better turbo's for higher rwhp/drags.

Hey guys... im the new owner of karls 33,

the GT-RS is an awesome piece of gear, even though mine only has 300hp atw, you have drive a car with one to know how good they are.

i jus recently reced a mates wrx thats done mid 12s on the quarter and stayed door to door with him on the roll at 70kp/h. :) STOKED!!!

not sayin its the best turbo in the world but u definatly shouldnt overlook it.

good luck with your search dude.

Jap brand turbos are a rip off, go with garett.

Purchase a pair Garrett 2860-5 for around $2650 then get the actuators, gaskets, bolt's and you are looking at near $3000. HKS GT-SS Kit's complete with everything are $3500. So for $500 extra you get a better quality product which is built for Performance than a generic product that is built for normal cars with have a much higher failure rate.

In regards to the HKS/GARRETT turbo post, HKS manufacture and design a turbo then after 2 year's or some small period it can be release to Garrett who can copy it with but it must have some form of change, these are generally tiny 1-2mm. I can't confirm the process with the larger HKS turbo's using Garrett parts, but I think there manufactured then modified to HKS spec.

Also HKS turbo's will achieve there rated power, Garrett's generally tend to fail to reach predicted power. All the HKS R25 turbo kit's bolt on and require minor modifications with the dump and the kit's come with the water and oil lines and tap into the factory positions. Garret products don't offer that, so you have to sort that out your self with will be a stab in the wallet.

In regards the power debate, dyno's read different every day so 320hp here could be 350hp there and regardless it's pretty much the same power anyway. Also, the GT-RS will function fine at 18psi and for a streeter there awesome. Run some MPH to give you a realistic power figures and without a built motor, this is your solution.

Edited by monga

in regards to your comment patty, i have also heard that my figures are incorrect from another tuner that i have spoken to. im not saying they are correct and i can also see how with my mods it is hard to make. but every car is different isant it? ill post up my dyno reading and use can have a look. i also think the reading is wrong considering the amount of flats spots in my line..

post-65365-1250072503_thumb.jpg

Purchase a pair Garrett 2860-5 for around $2650 then get the actuators, gaskets, bolt's and you are looking at near $3000. HKS GT-SS Kit's complete with everything are $3500. So for $500 extra you get a better quality product which is built for Performance than a generic product that is built for normal cars with have a much higher failure rate.

In regards to the HKS/GARRETT turbo post, HKS manufacture and design a turbo then after 2 year's or some small period it can be release to Garrett who can copy it with but it must have some form of change, these are generally tiny 1-2mm. I can't confirm the process with the larger HKS turbo's using Garrett parts, but I think there manufactured then modified to HKS spec.

Also HKS turbo's will achieve there rated power, Garrett's generally tend to fail to reach predicted power. All the HKS R25 turbo kit's bolt on and require minor modifications with the dump and the kit's come with the water and oil lines and tap into the factory positions. Garret products don't offer that, so you have to sort that out your self with will be a stab in the wallet.

In regards the power debate, dyno's read different every day so 320hp here could be 350hp there and regardless it's pretty much the same power anyway. Also, the GT-RS will function fine at 18psi and for a streeter there awesome. Run some MPH to give you a realistic power figures and without a built motor, this is your solution.

LoL. this is good for a laugh. :ninja:

mmmm if u got the doe go the GT3076 or the HKS 2835 and you will be smiling forever lol they both can go onto stock manifold but as patty said u gotta fork out some seroius doe lol even the HKS 2530 kit is quiet good bargain

in regards to your comment patty, i have also heard that my figures are incorrect from another tuner that i have spoken to. im not saying they are correct and i can also see how with my mods it is hard to make. but every car is different isant it? ill post up my dyno reading and use can have a look. i also think the reading is wrong considering the amount of flats spots in my line..

I see Andrew tuned your car. He also did mine. He probably would have said something about that figure being unsually high. There can be alot of variances in dyno's. However you never know maybe you do have a freak car. I used to believe this until i seen high variances from other dyno's.

If you do decide to go down the turbo route i can suggest some ways to cut down costs.

Michael did help me out with getting my turbo kit :)

i put it on myself though, just to save money plus its easy.

my tuner said if i had a set of injectors i would have made more than the 300rwhp that i did

(closer to 350) which is enough for a street car with a lot of response, nearly the same as a stock turbo

it also depends on other mods and also how healthy your engine is

plus the tune has a lot to do with it

i remember when i first got mine tuned and made 300, ryan with the same turbo with bigger injectors was still only making 300

but that was because of a really rich tune making big fark off flames :mrt: