You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• Latest Posts

• Hey Matt, Link pointed to the 2x IGN power sources from the car as a likely issue, and sure enough pin 31 in the loom does not have power when IGN is on (24 does). So at the ECU, (and this is probably the case for R32 as well as C34) most of the ECU loom goes through the firewall behind the blower motor and there are 2 plugs (of 3 in the junction box) which go up and under the dash, the third plug heads under the carpet to places unknown (likely a body to dash loom joint) So, I started to follow that problem through yesterday. Like Johnny (and R32) I assumed that power was supplied through the 2 connectors near the left headlight so I spent some time pulling the intake etc off and cleaning of 400,000klm of dirt and oil leaks and checking those pins, but there was nothing related to the engine parts or ignition fuses there (and no purple with white trace wire in either side of the connectors) Given that the wire didn't seem to go via the engine bay, I then checked there is continuity from Pin 31 to the second connector to confirm no wiring issue in the ECU loom (it looked likely, given how much that has been hacked up over the years!). The pin marked with the purple dot is the other end of the wire to Pin 31 Then I check for IGN power in the dash loom side of that connector with the key on. Nothing. Given that loom goes up and underneath the top of the dash there is no tracing it without taking the dash out, so I went to the driver's side to see if I can find the other end of that (I'm expecting to get to big body junction boxes after I pull enough apart). However, to get to those functions, I had to pull the covers off the drivers side, I'm pretty sure the problem is in this pic Yep, factory remote start (bottom right), local immobiliser (middle) surrounded by 20 years of butchery. Plan is to totally remove the remote start and immobiliser (I think I will lose remote central locking temporarily as a result) to remove all the suspect stuff given I have other more modern security in the car It's gonna take a while, and it is both cold and uncomfortable out in the shed, not looking forward to it.
    • Hey team,  The clutch on my newly bought 25 swapped r32 feels average and sticks half way. Went to go order a new clutch master but it does not look like the ones that suit the one that’s in the car…    does anyone know what clutch master is this just by looking ?  (The feed is on the side rather than the bottom like the ones the pop up online)  thanks guys new to the RB scene so any help is appreciated cheers !!
    • Id be more than happy to sign up!!! Where do I send the invoices for my fuel usage? I'm happy to provide the mower, oil, and the labour to abuse the motor, just a little help on fuel would be great...   I had tipped the container of oil out into my big "drip tray" and left the small container upside down to drain the oil out of itself overnight. PIcked the container up today, and it has a layer of what feels like either dirt, or shit tonnes of carbon in the bottom of the container. I'm leaning towards it likely being dust, as I doubt the quality of the Sunli BumbleBee having a decent air filter on it, and sections of my yard produce a dust storm, especially because of the high lift blade!   So, filled her up with some fresh Nulon. Seemed to run fine, but it seems to want to run at really high RPM (higher than normal) even with the governor spring slacked off after fire up to try reduce it. If I back the throttle off it a bit to drop the rpm to where I'd like it to be when mowing light grass, it starts to blow a bit of smoke out the exhaust. Opening the throttle back up clears that out. It's definitely breathing oil, as I put my hand down at the breather hose and it's spitting some oil.   My guess is it having been running at high rpm, oil never changed, and it eating dust has destroyed the rings. You know what that means? Time to send it!!!
    • That is what will seal with the bonnet closed. Follow it down while closing the bonnet to see where it ends up with the bonnet closed. The panels don't do anything other than spending money, which this one will do just fine. :p
    • Nah just send me a photo or a drawing and I'll tell you which is better.  It's a new SAU service.