SAU Community

Injector Resistor Pack For 1000hp Rb26?

R31 Gagz

Hi Everyone,

Mate of mine has built a 1000hp rb26dett and is in the process of installing it into his r32 gts...currently he is nutting out the loom and electrical side of things and wanted to know if he needed to run the factory resistor pack for the injectors? Not sure what injectors he is running, obviously something big enough to support 1000hp :P...if its important I will ask him and post it up.

Thanks to anyone that can help. :ninja:

Cheers!

Craig

Depends entirely on the ECU he is using and the type of injector drivers that ecu has.

Ecu's that can drive low impedance injectors without a resistor pack can potentially run lower pulse widths as the injector driving current is controlled more precicely. Most if not all big injectors are low impedance and would require a resistor pack if your using a power fc or something simular.

Depends entirely on the ECU he is using and the type of injector drivers that ecu has.

Ecu's that can drive low impedance injectors without a resistor pack can potentially run lower pulse widths as the injector driving current is controlled more precicely. Most if not all big injectors are low impedance and would require a resistor pack if your using a power fc or something simular.

Hi GTRNUR,

He is using a Link Plus G3 ECU to run Siemens Deka 850cc injectors, here's an excerpt from the ECU manual on injector drives:

The LinkPlusG3 has eight independant injector drives allowing sequential, sequential staged, group and group staged fuel injectors.
These injection drives are designed to be used with high impedance injectors, injector ballast resistors must be wired if low impedance injectors are to be used.

So I guess he just needs to find out if the Siemens injectors he is running are low or high impedance, if they are low then use the factory resistor pack?

Cheers!

Craig

• 2 weeks later...

Turns out my mate wants to try and accomplish this a bit cheaper and make the resistor pack himself, does anyone know what resistors he will need and how many? (one per injector maybe?)

He's found a place in the US that sells the factory resistor packs for about $180 (not sure if AU$ or US$), does anyone have good condition one for sale that he might go instead? Otherwise I think he'll try and go the above mentioned route to save some $.

Cheers!

Craig

Not directly related but I was speaking to Ray Hall this morning about ViPec V44's and peak and hold injector drivers .

ViPec market a peak and hold driver box for the V44 because it comes with low current high impedance injector drivers .

I'm not sure if Link do them and the real question is whats cheapest , large high impedance injectors or peak and hold ones with the driver box .

A .

Turns out my mate wants to try and accomplish this a bit cheaper and make the resistor pack himself, does anyone know what resistors he will need and how many? (one per injector maybe?)

He's found a place in the US that sells the factory resistor packs for about $180 (not sure if AU$ or US$), does anyone have good condition one for sale that he might go instead? Otherwise I think he'll try and go the above mentioned route to save some $.

Cheers!

Craig

They can be sourced new from Nissan or plenty of second hand ones or he can get one from a wrecker out of a MR30 (exactly the same as the gtr ones) or make up his own.

I used a gtr resistor pack the first time and made up my own the second time (purchased the 10ohm resistors from Jaycar) the ones you are after are the LARGE 10W/10ohm resistors and roughly $2 each :D

Cheers!

Craig

Hey Mate

I purchased a 6 ballast resistor pack for NZ$105 from NZEFI: http://www.nzefi.com/

I think Link themselves sell them for around that price too whick would work out to around AU$85+ Shipping

Probably just as easy to get the Vipec one as they should be around the same price

Good luck

Dan