SAU Community

Hunting / Rough Idle

two.five

Hey guys i've had this problem for a while but havnt been too worried about it.

When the car is idling it might idle nice for about 10s or so then starts idling up and down, usually between 1k and 1.5k. I just got the car tuned last week and it seemed fine for a while but i've had this issue before the new rb25 went in.

I dont think its a problem w/ the tune and i read somewhere it could be the thermo sensor?

Does anyone know whats causing this? Or if someone knows and wants a quick cashy i have some $50 westfield / karrinyup shopping vouchers =D

Any help is appriciated

Hey guys i've had this problem for a while but havnt been too worried about it.

When the car is idling it might idle nice for about 10s or so then starts idling up and down, usually between 1k and 1.5k. I just got the car tuned last week and it seemed fine for a while but i've had this issue before the new rb25 went in.

I dont think its a problem w/ the tune and i read somewhere it could be the thermo sensor?

Does anyone know whats causing this? Or if someone knows and wants a quick cashy i have some $50 westfield / karrinyup shopping vouchers =D

Any help is appriciated

go check out the DIY subforum, theres a tutorial on cleaning the AAC (Auxiliary Air Control Valve). It seems to be the number 1 cause of this and it was for me too.

just to drop in another idea which i found on a mates car the other day. Same deal, would hunt on idle nd run rough on idle.

What was happening was the bushes on the throttle body were worn, allowing the butterfly shaft to "wander" and would not seal properly, hence sucking air through the bushes bypassing the air flow meter

to check, i grabbed the throttle and pushed it closed. when i did this the car almost stalled and hunted worse than ever

i have never seen it before on a skyline, but just one of those weird things that happens :D