SAU Community

Stoch Hight R34gt-t

I'm just wondering what the stock hight wheel centre to wheel arch lip of a 98 R34GT-t is I've searched and come up with nix , probably just looking in the wrong place.

:P

I'm just wondering what the stock hight wheel centre to wheel arch lip of a 98 R34GT-t is I've searched and come up with nix , probably just looking in the wrong place.

:P

380/385 mm front and 370/375 mm rear, that's new off the production line floor.

Cheers

Gary

380/385 mm front and 370/375 mm rear, that's new off the production line floor.

Cheers Gary

Thanks Garry,

reason I asked is that I have aftermarket springs in , probably Kings judging from the yellow colour which have the vehicle at 350mm front and rear , the ride though OK seems a little harsh however Kings tell me the set is aprox 3.3/3.1 kg/mm so I was wondering if the drop had been excessive and thus encouraged some harshness and now knowing what it is I doubt that a lowering F30-35 & R20-25 would be resposible so perhaps it's just me.

It remains of some concern however as tomorrow both castor rod bushes are being replace with Nylex jobbys as one of the OE ones has popped and the silicone lubricant is buisey leaking out, I have no way of knowing if this is just a normal thing in this model or if I need to be quickly thinking of a spring change before more damage is done.

Cheers ,

Al.

Edited by BASHO

hm I'm at 360 all round right now and it's pretty harsh as it is ... bilsteins + stock springs. Would love to go 350F + 340R (with whiteline springs) but I'm afraid I'm gonna start hating the car if the ride quality becomes any harsher than it is.

Thing that shits me, I once took a ride in someone elses GTT when we were comparing suspensions ..and I think his was stock suspensions + chopped springs at around 340/330 and it didn't feel harsh at all, well not any worse than mine at 360/360. No idea how that's even possible

Well bushes in, all good, wheel align tomorrow, I'm thinking that its probably just me with the harshness, the bumps that cause concern would cause concern in nearly anything , I don't have anything to compare it with, my only worry is possible damage to other components if these springs are to harsh.

Cheers again for the info ,

:P Al.

Well bushes in, all good, wheel align tomorrow, I'm thinking that its probably just me with the harshness, the bumps that cause concern would cause concern in nearly anything , I don't have anything to compare it with, my only worry is possible damage to other components if these springs are to harsh.

Cheers again for the info ,

:P Al.

What sort of bump stops are you running and have they been trimmed to suite the lowered height?

Cheers

Gary.

What sort of bump stops are you running and have they been trimmed to suite the lowered height?

Cheers Gary.

:P Never thought of that -stupid me--AFAIK stock and I'll be bettin that that they aint been trimmed either, I'll check tomorrow when it's getting the wheel alignment.

How hard are these to remove and trim and of course by how much considering I'm presuming I'm running stocky shockys ?

I'm say 35 lower front and 25 lower rear.

Is there a tutorial anywhere on this one I wonder?

Cheers,

Al.

heh I have the generic bump stops from the GB and car was lowered about 2cm .. I have a strong suspicion Heasmans didn't bother trimming the new bump stops for me either. I'll just have to make sure they're spot on when I get the new springs/swaysbars chucked in soon.

Would bump stops that are 2cm too big cause noticable ride harshness?

Hmmm I am wondering if the bumpstops is what is causing the noise on my ER34. My drop is 345mm front and back, I tried unlocking the washers on the coilover to the back and they won't budge. Gonna have to remove the entire setup and maybe scrap form the top and take it all off and then reassemble once I get them loose.