SAU Community

mad, u live in gympie, u dont have a say in this LOL.. gympie..

anyway, everyone knows the r32 is lighter, and yes it is a stock rb25de late model r32, not a r33 engine, but stock it did keep ahead of r33 n/a's.

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

mad, u live in gympie, u dont have a say in this LOL.. gympie..

anyway, everyone knows the r32 is lighter, and yes it is a stock rb25de late model r32, not a r33 engine, but stock it did keep ahead of r33 n/a's.

ahahaha

still rather live in g-town than own a r32, LOL

and as for r32 being lighter, yes it is.... with a rb20 in it. with the rb25 in it it weighs pretty the same as a 33. so the power to weight ratio is better on a 33 than it is with a 32 with a 25 in it. it does also depend on which motor the 33 has in it. if it only has the 140kw rb25 in it it won't have quite as much go as the 147kw version but still going to be quicker than a 32. but then if you put a 2 door 32 up against a 140kw 33 4 door then it is going to be a different outcome to the same 32 against a 147kw 2 door 33 due to the 4 door weighing more than a 2 door.

but we can argue till the cows come home and still have no change. one thing i have noticed over the years on this forum is that the r32 fans will argue until blue in the face that 32's are the best skyline, despite the facts proving otherwise.

What you would really want is an NA RB in an S13

OR

NA 32 and throw the diffrence in price at it;

Suspension

Brakes

Exhaust

Diff

Seat

etc. and you have yourself an awesome NA set up!

Keep an eye out for RB30DE's (double overhead cam 3L made by mateing the 2.5L head on the 3L bottom end) being sold.. they are getting more common and its a great engine set up

Unfortunately I cannot do this, as no modifications are allowed on P's, especially engine swaps :cool: Or else i would get an r33 and drop in a RB30DE ;)

G'day,

i personally woul not go for a 300zx..

im getting a R34 N/A in under 2 weeks time...N/A as im also on red p's.

sure the increased torque sounds nice, but they are heavier, an older car and from what i have heard...really un-reliable. on top of that, they apparently have a lot of things go wrong and to top it all off, the parts to replace the ones that die in the ass cost a lot.

These cars have a high up-keep, not so much on the N/A compared to the TT, but still something to be careful of.

Personally, i would STAY AWAY from a 300zx.

Anyone, feel free to correct me on anything.

Owen.

Nah i wouldnt get a 300zx. They are heavy as you say, and old, and cost HEAPS to repair, especially engine work, as its cramped.

give the same mods to a 33 or 34 and then see how it goes. the r32 with a rb25 isn't really any lighter than a 33, yet the engine puts out less power than that of a rb25 from a r33 (i think the r32 rb25 is only 132kw). unless of course you are talking about just putting a r33 rb25 into a r32, but in which case the car is still going to be very similar in weight still.

Some sites say the r32 and r33 are the exact same in weight, but im sure the r33 is a little heavier, but not by much. I wouldnt get an r32, as it is VERY hard to find one with a rb25de, and they are older. I would either get an r33 or r34 ;)

So its pretty much, either an r33 or r34, both with the RB25DE, only the r34 has a neo head with a little more torque.

Should i go for the 4 door or 2 door r34 if i decide to get one? I dont really need the 4 doors, so smarter to get 2 door to save weight?

Also, some sites say the r33 has 230Nm torque while others say it has 255Nm, which is it?

Some sites say the r32 and r33 are the exact same in weight, but im sure the r33 is a little heavier, but not by much. I wouldnt get an r32, as it is VERY hard to find one with a rb25de, and they are older. I would either get an r33 or r34 :cool:

So its pretty much, either an r33 or r34, both with the RB25DE, only the r34 has a neo head with a little more torque.

Should i go for the 4 door or 2 door r34 if i decide to get one? I dont really need the 4 doors, so smarter to get 2 door to save weight?

Also, some sites say the r33 has 230Nm torque while others say it has 255Nm, which is it?

the weight of the cars will depend on models. different options will result in different weight. but either way the r32 isn't much lighter than a 33, and it makes up for it in extra power.

as for 2 door vs 4 door, what do you like the look of more? if you like the 4 door then get a 4 door. if you like the 2 door then get that. personally i hate the rear end on the r33 4 doors. the tail lights make baby jesus cry.

as far as i know it is only 230nm for the VCT rb25de in the r33 and 225nm for the non VCT rb25.

once i sell my wagon ill be putting on a stockish turbo setup (powerfc+vg30+r34cooler & piping, for a tame ~ 180kW atw) but it really doesn't need it, I'm just out of control, and like to have power on tap (since the grip is available), i bought the gts4 because i fell in love with the 4wd, and the car (its tidy as, and was cheap), and i wanted a 4 door.

For starters N/A r34's have a shit exhaust cam (emissions?), so i'd either fit a turbo ex cam, for the lift, or mild aftermarkets, shave about 20thou off the head, colder plugs, cooler thermostat and oversize TB with an SAFC/PFC, and your usual exhaust (keep it quiet and no canon, maybe factory 25det) and you could have some decent go, n/a and look standard (if your capable/can afford the mods, they are fairly cheap and effective though, on a healthy motor)

When i got my exhaust replaced for a sports style,(from headers to tip) would they have changed the exhaust cam or do u have to ask for a new one?

ahahaha

still rather live in g-town than own a r32, LOL

sad, so sad. G-town... or the coast.... Gympie, coast, gympie, coast. hmmmm haha most people wouldnt have to think about this question to answer it. having a 32 just is icing on the cake :cool:

When i got my exhaust replaced for a sports style,(from headers to tip) would they have changed the exhaust cam or do u have to ask for a new one?

camshaft, its not a part of the exhaust, its an internal part of the engine.

as for 2 door vs 4 door, what do you like the look of more? if you like the 4 door then get a 4 door. if you like the 2 door then get that. personally i hate the rear end on the r33 4 doors. the tail lights make baby jesus cry.

as far as i know it is only 230nm for the VCT rb25de in the r33 and 225nm for the non VCT rb25.

well i like the look of the 2 door better. I prob wont need the 4 door (until i get a family, but that will be ages away). And 2 door are lighter yeh?

And I also hate the 4 door r33. The rear lights look nothing like the 2 door.

Im looking at wikipedia now, and it says the r33 gts25 only has 140kw (not 147kw) and 231Nm torque (which i thought was 255Nm).

But if i go to the RB25DE on wikipedia it says this:

"RB25DE - NON - TURBO twin-cam 140 kW/190 PS and 147 kW/200 PS (with VCT) @ 6000 rpm, 255 N·m (26.0 kgf·m) @ 4000 rpm)"

And the r33 after 1993 has VCT, so wouldnt it be 147kw, and 255Nm torque? Confused...

well i like the look of the 2 door better. I prob wont need the 4 door (until i get a family, but that will be ages away). And 2 door are lighter yeh?

Im looking at wikipedia now, and it says the r33 gts25 only has 140kw (not 147kw) and 231Nm torque (which i thought was 255Nm).

"RB25DE - NON - TURBO twin-cam 140 kW/190 PS and 147 kW/200 PS (with VCT) @ 6000 rpm, 255 N·m (26.0 kgf·m) @ 4000 rpm)"

And the r33 after 1993 has VCT, so wouldnt it be 147kw, and 255Nm torque? Confused...

Yes the 2 doors are slightly lighter by 10kg.

The 140kw version is the non-vct version of the of the rb25de in the 33, the 147kw version is type-s spec which has vct.

Whatever you do, please don't even think about getting a gts25t and "taking the turbo off" or anything like that. Made of mine got a GTS25t and tried it, it made 65rwkw :D

Edited by Super Drager

Whatever you do, please don't even think about getting a gts25t and "taking the turbo off" or anything like that. Made of mine got a GTS25t and tried it, it made 65rwkw :D

ouchhh 65kw

mines pushing 101atw..but wanna get it done again since using pod with cai + heatshield.

mines auto to (N)

WELL DUH!! taking a turbo off a turbo car would be stupid, Turbo minus the turbo = low compression N/A vs NORMAL high compression N/A.. what would you prefer??? lol.... your meant to go the other way around, make the mistake of getting an N/A and then put a turbo on it.. not buy a turbo and make the mistake of taking it off.

ROFLMAO....

WELL DUH!! taking a turbo off a turbo car would be stupid, Turbo minus the turbo = low compression N/A vs NORMAL high compression N/A.. what would you prefer??? lol.... your meant to go the other way around, make the mistake of getting an N/A and then put a turbo on it.. not buy a turbo and make the mistake of taking it off.

ROFLMAO....

Yeah well my mate isn't exactly the smart type when it comes to those sort of thing. He has trouble overtaking 1.5L daewoo's and hyundai's.

sad, so sad. G-town... or the coast.... Gympie, coast, gympie, coast. hmmmm haha most people wouldnt have to think about this question to answer it. having a 32 just is icing on the cake :P

i wasn't comparing g-town to the coast, i was comparing g-town to owning a 32, LOL. but that said, i don't find the coast that much better than here. lets look at the good and bad points for each:

gympie

good: low police presence if you have a brain fade and feel like being a hoon

isn't full of teeny boppers and pretty boys who spend more time doing their hair than chicks and say "like" 5000 times in a sentence only containing 10 other words

is nice and quiet

it's amusing watching ferals have arguments in the street

it's cheap to live

we have a skid pan

bad:

ferals

half hour drive to go fishing

the coast

good: hot chicks* (see related bad points)

close to the water to go fishing

bad points:

more cops

* most said hot chicks are as dumb as a post and not able to engage in meaningful conversation unless it is about how they just got their nails done

full of pretty boys who haven't found the closet door yet

close to the water means quicker rust

traffic

have to drive to gympie to use the skid pan

full of dicks who think that where you live makes you somehow better (not directly aimed at you)

more expensive to live

but back on topic, LOL

you do realise that you said you are getting info from wikipedia yeah? it isn't always the most reliable source

well it is only max power anyway. average power is more important in how fast a car is. a car with a lot of torque and not as much power will be quicker because at will pull harder at lower rpm. a prime example of this is the corolla sportivo. they are rated at 141kw, but when compared to a SSS pulsar aren't much quicker even though the pulsar is only rated at 105kw. however there is only about 2nm difference in torque. and as far as how fast a car feels just driving it round the streets, torque is the biggest key there. the more torque you have (and the lower rpm it is at) the faster the car will seem in everyday driving. power ratings are only worthwhile talking about if you plan on reving it out all the time.

lol man pretty funny thread on the good and bad points relating to the coast and gimp town.

but.... i still gota disagree, our stitches r hot, and the minority are clueless.. but u have a good point of emos n shit, but they live at the plaza and dont let them selves be seen by normal people.. trust me.

our cruisings better, yes our fishing is good, im a spearfisherman myself (cant do that in the gimp).. the cop here care more about pingas n shit than cars. but once again... i think we take it on the women side :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...
the NA skylines aren't exactly gutless (except for maybe the the rb20, LOL).

300zx are heavier, but they do put out more power. don't know if they would be quite as fast, but they would still go alright.

i prefer the looks of the s13 over the s14. i had a 180sx and it isn't that bad looks wise. some look crap though. the early 'pig nose' fronts are bad, and 90% of bodykits for them look like crap. i prefer the stock look of them. i prefer them to the r32

i think that the skyline is probably going to be what ticks the boxes for you the best.

+1 I think the 180SX 1996-1998 is the best looking one the Type X with the stock body kit just needs some nice rims and the car shines on its own :) on the other had i do prefer the look of the S14 (Series II) front over the S13 Front!

Reading all the comments id say you best bet is to go with an R34 if you have the money they are smoother and newer cars meaning Nissan has made some to the car from the R33 improvements its really a personal choice on looks and power.

Edited by DarkRyda

• 2 weeks later...