SAU Community

what about and r33 with r34 head + tuned ecu? should make some good power no?

Not worth the effort/cost - considering it being an n/a.

Better get a an R34 manual coupe.... If possible a GT-V version

or

n/a supra manual

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my sister in law used to have a 3rd gen liberty. they aren't that fast. the missus SSS pulsar is faster (puts out 10kw less but weighs about 200kg less).

as for getting 100kw at all 4, i would put the list of mods required to get that as just a touch more than mild. i have seen one on a dyno and it was putting out less than the missus pulsar which has full exhaust and air filter done, and remember that the pulsar puts out 10kw less from stock. from memory the liberty i saw on the dyno put out 100hp (74kw) and the pulsar put out 112hp (83kw). with full exhaust, intake mods you'll hit about 85awkw. will take an ecu and cams to get to 100kw, but then throw the same mods into a lot of other cars and you will see similar gains and similar performance. there's plenty of SSS pulsars with cams, nistune and exhaust putting out 100kw and running mid 14's. throw a sr20ve in there and you're looking at 150kw and cracking into the 13's. just not very P plate friendly (but more friendly than a turbo car).

the 2.5L dohc liberty was putting out 123kW (165hp) stock (apparently). the 2.0L ones were less powerful. The sss has 105kW and weighs a 100-200 less.

but, the sss (stock) has 0-100 in 8.8s, the mx6 stock will be sub 7. mx6 putting out the same exhaust and pod filter should get closer to 180-190hp with a tune, 200hp is a pretty common goal without major work. funness.

300zx NA will probably struggle with the 1700kg its lugging round

Umm sorry but thats complete and utter bullshit, my 300zx weighs 1420kg and makes 132rwkw so it doesn't "struggle" with anything. The heaviest 300ZX is the Targa 2+2 TT automatic which weighs 1610kg.

*1610kg appologies

had a mate take me out in his z32 2+2, it didn't feel like a sports car. if felt big and heavy, quicker than your average car, but not as tight and responsive as an mx6. it actually didn't feel as sprightly as that eunos 20x (mazda mx3) which only had 101kW (1100kg).

anyways, we are talking a 200kg difference here between z32's, that's pretty noticeable

*1610kg appologies

had a mate take me out in his z32 2+2, it didn't feel like a sports car. if felt big and heavy, quicker than your average car, but not as tight and responsive as an mx6. it actually didn't feel as sprightly as that eunos 20x (mazda mx3) which only had 101kW (1100kg).

anyways, we are talking a 200kg difference here between z32's, that's pretty noticeable

They are a heavy car, more of a Gran Tourer then a sports car. It's also a car i wouldn't recommend for a P plater to buy, i've seen people try and "drift" them in the wet only to find out they chose the wrong car to do that sort of shit in and end up in a ditch or wrapped around a pole. Also i must add my 300ZX is a 2 seater slicktop and has a stiffer body structure then a 2+2 and is 120kg lighter then a 2+2.

actually, what is the quickest (not cheapest or most fun) P plate legal car?

Best i can think of that's jap is a V35 skyline. I'd say 350z but i think they're on the p plate ban list in nsw.

The v runs a 206kw vq35de and does 6.6 to 100 stock. My V is currently at 185rwkw and does 0-100 in 5.6s. It's shamed a few turbo cars actually including lines..

Anyways, not on Ps.. just a fan of n/a.

For some good n/a fun, how about a dc2 integra type r/mitsu fto gp version r ?

didn't mean to offend your car mate. just trying to say what you put eloquently: its more a grand tourer than a race car

Nah its ok mate, i didnt take offence i just don't like seeing the usual omg 300zx's weigh 11tybillion kg's :blush:

Nah its ok mate, i didnt take offence i just don't like seeing the usual omg 300zx's weigh 11tybillion kg's :blush:

300ZXs are an uglier, heavier, less powerful and more difficult to maintain version of the Supra. There I said it. :yes:

300ZXs are an uglier, heavier, less powerful and more difficult to maintain version of the Supra. There I said it. :ermm:

Its on like donkey kong! :yes: well, looks are based on opinion, mines lighter then a supra so NER NER. Mines also faster then several friends supra's with similar and slightly more power and maintenance isn't a problem for my NA. soo.....please don't kill me :blush::(

Although both cars look like they've had their fair share of cake.

Edited by Super Drager

the 2.5L dohc liberty was putting out 123kW (165hp) stock (apparently). the 2.0L ones were less powerful. The sss has 105kW and weighs a 100-200 less.

but, the sss (stock) has 0-100 in 8.8s, the mx6 stock will be sub 7. mx6 putting out the same exhaust and pod filter should get closer to 180-190hp with a tune, 200hp is a pretty common goal without major work. funness.

first of all, the figures you have mentioned there are flywheel kw, not kw at the wheels. you have a look on here and any other forum, or go to a dyno day and you won't see a single stock car putting out anywhere close to the amount of power that they are quotes as having. generally they will be about 20 to 30% less, although in the case of the awd cars it will be even less due to the extra power loss through the drivetrain.

secondly, for the mx6, it depends on which model you get. if you have an australian delivered one you won't see any sub 7 second 0-100 times. they are listed as having an 8.7 0-100 as they only put out 121kw (at the crank, so about 90kw at the wheels) . also the 0-100 times vary depend on where you look. i have a motor magazine from the 90's that has it listed as a mid 7 second 0-100 and a mid 15 1/4 mile, but i also have a wheels magazine listing it as a low 8 0-100 and low 16 1/4. but if you are going to compare an imported mx-6, why not compare it to an imported pulsar. the sr16 in the vzr puts out 129kw, or the autech version puts out 130kw from the sr20. or if you happen to track down an N1 vzr which puts out 147kw.

yes, all comparisons were flywheel powers. 123kW at the fly would make round 90kW, which isn't much, but its a start. A popular aim for an mx6 is to get 200hp at the fly, which is roughly 112wkW. Which would be fun, given the stock 2.5L: v6 is already pretty fun as a first car.

I got most of those values from wiki tho, not forums :$.

Makes no sense to get an imported mx6 when so many are available sold here, ie: less insurance.

Point taken tho, if it was me id drive as many as i could from this topic and make a decision based on that, would def drive a sss pulsar

Most GT-V's have the xenon lights aswell, sadly mine doesn't :down:

Depends on trim level. eg. if it has an "X" meaning it has the xenons, premium audio and rear privacy glass - probably some other small bits too.

20gt

25gt

25gt-x

25gtv

25gtv-x

25gtt

25gtt-x

I got a 2001 25GT-V and it has all the extras like factory tints etc but it doesn't have xenons... that sucks, there like the best part of the car lol.

I'm guessing clarion speakers aren't considered to be premium audio?