SAU Community

Fc Datalogit Question Logging Interrupts For Unknown Reason?

GTRNUR

Hi Guys,

Ive been having an issue with tuning my R34 with the FC Datalogit software. For no apparent reason after about 10 minutes of driving the car logging stops. I then have to re-start the logging again. Its like the serial cable has become unplugged, but thats not the case.

Ive checked all cabling etc, but better still, used my tuning rig in an R33 GTR with no issues at all.

I thought it might have had something to do with that Idle speed auto-learn thing, so ive done a factory reset on the ecu (through the datalogit software) and gone through the warm up, aircon, demister 10 minute processes again. The car does idle too fast when cold as well, so I am wondering if it has something to do with the idle/autolearn process not ever having completed properly.

Should I perhaps have done the re-set using the commander hand controller? I havent bothered plugging this thing in, as I tend to do everything via the laptop.

Any suggestions?

Ian

yeah slow the port rate down - it shouldnt need much?

is the hand controller plugged in at the same time? if so, ditch it

are you using a true serial port or USB emulator? if so, ditch it, use true serial port, if you cant check USB port settings, make sure power managfement is off on the USB controller etc, and make sure the laptop doesnt have any shutdown / idle out / power manageemtn settings etc

Thanks for the fast replies.

Its the latest version of the FC edit software, default settings for baud rate etc. I dont run the hand controller.

Its using an on-board serial port, dell latitude laptop.

What had me baffeled is why the same settings for everything work just fine on the R33 GTR...

The laptop is set to run flat out, no power management and its running off an invertor.

I'll give the lower baud rate a try in a hour or so when I go for another drive and will post back with the results.

Cheers,

Ian

Ok, so im looking at the FC file downloads in the yahoo groups and have only seen one called FC_Edit_RB26DETT v1.120.zip that is GTR specific.

Is there another area specific to the BNR34 that im just too blind to see?

Cheers,

Ian

Well using the RB26DETT version seem to be much more stable, using all defaut settings and just with the extra inputs for the AUX's being read. At least it hasnt disconnected after the first 10 minutes of driving.

I suppose the next thing to do is do another re-initialise and re-lean the idle again to get that under control. I suspect that since the universal version was not very stable it could also explain why the car was idling around 1300 rpm when cold.

Thanks for your help guys,

Cheers,

Ian

yeah try and always go for the specifric fc edit version

i think the universal was a re-write from screatch but same interface

i use the universal for looking at maps

but any actualy changes etc i use the fc edit for the specific car

no need to re-init and re-learn

thats in the PFC itself and nothing to do with Fc edit