BOZ22N

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

Well bit of an update I have spent most of my spare time lately working on the trailer she is a ripper now, I can drive on and off with out removing my front bumper Woohoo.

So I took the car to wakie this weekend and had a ball the new re55's hook up real well, so much different to drive on than a street legal semi slick. I did manage to better my old time but not by much :-( I ran a 1:11.066 compaired to my previous time of 1:11.772 but was running the 11's most of the day so the car is getting more constistant the driver just needs to trust it more and get some larger go nads installed lol. It is not till the long drive home till it all starts to sink in and you keep thinking really should have gone harder here and ran wider there but o well will be back again soon to try and brake the magic 1:10 marker. Will post up some pics when I get them. Bring on EC in 4 weeks.

Good going Ryan,

It must be a good feeling bettering your times consistently!

I need to get me some good semis, might have to stick with street legal ones though as I only have 1 set of rims................for now :)

• 1 month later...

Well another small up date, went to EC on the 16/04 for the second round of the SSCC series and it was a day for the ducks. The rain just kept coming down all day there was rivers on the exit of turn 4, 7, 9 and puddles down the straight it was very exciting. Everyone behaved them selves and we kept racing all day with minimal stopages considering the weather. I managed a 2:17.7290 which was good enough for 7th fastest RWD on the day and 25th outright, this was my first attempt at EC so i was very happy with it. I love the lay out of the track and i am looking forward to giving it a go in the dry.

Well the car went well with no real dramas, i noticed a bit of a nervous feeling in the front end through turn 2 and the diff was very clunky through there also. So i am going to have a look at some rose joints in the front end some more bracing, and as for the diff i have the whole rear end out of it at the moment so i am going to throw a Nismo Pro 2 way in that i have lying around and see if that is a smother centre than the current one. I also noticed that my LHR shock is leaking and the chrome is peppered so i have removed both the rears and sent them off to Bilstein for some repairs and a check up.

f4bb0a29.jpg

I also noticed that i had broken the rear diff mounts, so i have removed the rear cradle and am going to replace the cradle bushes with some solid alloy ones and some urethane bushes front and back on the diff all the parts should be here this week :banana: . I took some photos of the std cradle bushes and you can see how much movement these would have in them on the track so i am replacing them.

f7ad2088.jpg

1425745b.jpg

I also picked up some second hand rear upper control arms a while ago but they are too long, as you can see by the photo at minimum length they are the same a the factory ones? does anyone know what model they are for?

b66f9286.jpg

If all goes well the rear end will be back in the car in a few weeks once all the parts are back then it will be time to have a look at the front. The next SSCC round is not till 3rd July so i have heaps of time :thumbsup:

• 2 months later...

Long long time since updates but here i go.

I finished machining up the solid subframe bushes and i cut some spacers out of alloy with the water jet so i could adjust the rear end a bit more, not that i know what i am doing i just like to have options hehe. I got the subframe to mount hard onto the chassis then i could adjust from there with the 3mm, 6mm and 12mm spacers. I also made some large steel washers for the bushes, the C spacers allowed very quick and easy adjustment of the rear end.

fad2867c.jpg

bd6a4efe.jpg

I also fitted the new rear L/H shock and dynoed the R/H to make sure it was all ok. While i was back there i fitted some new RDA slotted rotors, these are dirt cheap and work a treat great for us budget racers.

3b05333b.jpg

i also fitted some Tein solid top mounts to the front shocks as the factory rubber ones were cracked.

320edd5d.jpg

With these small improvements i hit Wakie up again on the 26/06/11 i ran the regularity event with the MRA crew it was a great day and highly recommend it. It was the first time i had been on the track with 24 others at the same time, gee wiz it was crowded but i learnt heaps. I still managed a few 10's with traffic so i was very happy.

I took the car to get its log book inspection on the weekend and it passed with flying colors woohoo now i just need to submit the paperwork and it is officially a SS blocker. So the car is back in the shed and i am planing my next changes, i am still running all factory arms on the suspension so i only have about a max camber of neg 2.7 on the front >_< so i will be playing with arms and alignment to see what i can get out of it with std mounting points and losing some weight. I am very happy where i am with all factory arms etc and fairly mild power for a track turbo car these days.

Thanks for reading and i will post up more pics when i decide what to do next.

Cheers,

• 3 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

So it's been a while.

Not much happening I have just been stock piling parts as I find them. I dropped the 26 crank and rods off to be checked/machined so if they are ok I will order some pistons and drop off the block.

Hopfully I should have the new engine assembled in a month or two.

I will post pics when I get parts back and assembled.

• 3 years later...

So this car has been sitting in storage for the last 12 months. I think the time has come to part ways with it unfortunately, so if anyone is keen PM me for more information.

Cheers Ryan

Thanks Duncan

It will be a real shame I have had the car for the last 12.5 years. They are such a great car and wish I could keep it but due to life's circumstances I now live in an apartment an have no room for a tool box let alone a race car, trailer and spares haha.

Thankfully my little brother has been looking after it for me.