My R33 Gtst Project

BOZ22N

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well i made a new set of drivers side seat rails again today and i am still not happy with them.

The first design was custom adj sides mounted to the factory bolt holes, due to the seat having a large lip on the lower front edge i could not get it to side far enough back for me (too tall).

The next one was straight to the floor pan of the car this gave me good height and allowed the seat to slide back heaps but cause the slide sits next to the seat i could not get the seat dead centre with the steering column (10 mm to the right GRRRRR).

So it is back to the drawing board, i am thinking about some square rhs with three nutsert threads in it and three sets of holes in the seat mts to allow some movement back and forth (No adj slides). My only problem is the nutsert threads are only M6, i am a bit worried about there strength.

If anyone has some good pics of their mounts or some ideas that would be very helpful.

Cheers.

Andrew,

I drilled into the lower control arms up front on the cross memebr I think? so as you move the hole to put some bolt it...it pushes the bottom half out.

I had just over -4 camber up front

was wicked!

hurry up Ryan!!

we gotta hit the track together!

• 2 weeks later...

I did some thing similar. I only moved the arm up looking for better roll C. I have seen some redrilled out where the cross is for camber as well.

IM000776.jpg

As for camber in mine, I used a big mofo rose joint rod end and nut.

IM000774-1.jpg

Edited by Noddy

• 3 weeks later...

Well it has been a while again, but the progress is picking up slowly i have primed and painted the inside in GMH acrylic black, it is the closest thing i could find to matt black. It looks ok and should not rust or reflect any light at me.

paint03.jpg

paint02.jpg

I just have to wire it up over the next three days and try and finish inside the car.

Thanks for the comments guys i will post up some more pic's of the dash completed over the weekend. I have also booked the windscreen guy in for next monday. It will start to look like a real car again then. :banana:

Yes I have something running :)

Yes I want to come down but it is the same weekend as the mid year Noosa Hillclimb. :spank:

You should come for a blat up the hill in the november event dunc. its on Nov 13/14, I think its the weekend before the national supersprint, Nov 20/21?

Sorry for the side track Ryan. I like your cage by the way.

Absolutely perfect mate. I will be up for the nationals if I have to bring a push bike. I just need to impose on someone near morgan park to store the car for a week :) send me details as soon as the other weekend is open, I'll be in and I bet Neil will be too.