SAU Community

Need More Lock On R32

I am tired and not thinking very well but if you wheel is hitting something now (like LCA or chassis) knuckles will not solve the problem as your rim is already hitting with the limited lock. You need to figure out what and where is hitting so you can fix it.

If it is just the knuckle knob thing hitting LCA lock stop then yes, modifying knuckles and/or LCA will get you more lock but then you may run into other issues of hitting depending on offset, tyre etc.

My R33 knuckles are getting modified today by Nigel. Should have them in soon but the next drift day isn't till December for me to try them out :P

Edit. Forgot to mention Nigel also supplies spacers that help with binding issues. They aren't cheap but look like a must when wanting that extra lock.

Edited by gunmetalgrey

with 17x9 +30 and 235/45 and spacers i can almost guarentee u its on the chassis rails. not much u can do but go lower offset, smaller tyre, or longer LCA's (R33 etc).

nigels knuckles will lower the ackerman, as well as give u more lock, so to even consider getting the most lock out of those ur gonna have to go 17x9 +10ish

going to try and modify my current set, well the rears at least, making them 17x10 +12, which will allow me to run 25mm spacers up front to make the fronts 17x9 -1, this will give me tonnes of clearance up front.

with 17x9 +30 and 235/45 and spacers i can almost guarentee u its on the chassis rails. not much u can do but go lower offset, smaller tyre, or longer LCA's (R33 etc).

nigels knuckles will lower the ackerman, as well as give u more lock, so to even consider getting the most lock out of those ur gonna have to go 17x9 +10ish

looks like nigels knuckles and new rims. Stagea for sale BTW :)

Is it going to be doing damage to the rails?

looks like nigels knuckles and new rims. Stagea for sale BTW :)

Is it going to be doing damage to the rails?

nah not really, it's ur tyre rubbing, might make a bit of a mess of the thin metal at the seams that comes off the rails, but nothing structural.

Running 17x9 35+ ofset, 225 40 tyres, and rubs on chassis at full lock.

Thinking about r33 LCA's and lock spacers, or even just R33 LCA's.

But s14 rack sounds like a fun job!

:)

add some 25mm spacers and it'll be gravy

i got r33 LCA's tie rods with extra lock 7 deg castor 3 deg camber bumper steer adj running 17 x 9 +17 P1's with 235 /45 ku36's on front and got no probs with hitting anything and decent lock

pic below but obv not full lock got one somewhere will put up if i find

post-41809-1252977333_thumb.jpg

Edited by bcozican

This is a picture of one installed.

All the info you need about them is in this thread...amongst the 40 or so pages lol

http://nissansilvia.com/forums/index.php?s...823&st=1080

Hope you like reading.

Guessing that is the knuckle thread? Currently reading that, about 30% of the way through... up too post 521

are all r33 LCA's the same? i.e turbo/ non-turbo, coupe/sedan? how much difference do they make compared to standard ones? also to put the s14 steering rack in was there any modification required?

cheers

Sedan to coupe defiantly are and I am confident non-turbo/turbo would be as well. Off the top of my head I think they add around a degree or so. Its a cheap alternative to camber arms to gain that extra bit in the front.

I've heard it's more like 3 deg camber gain