SAU Community

Dutton Rally 2004

Duncan

Well, hot on the heels of the first Dutton Rally event, its been confirmed that the next one will be on the June long weekend next year, 4-6 June.

Just thought I'd post up to guage interest from the club in joining in. For 2 drivers with top line cheater tyres you should allow up to $2k each for the weekend.

The earlier you start preparing, saving and approaching sponsors the easier this can be :)

So, who's interested? If there are more than about 5 entries I'll loby those guys for a 6 cylinder Tubro class so we can beat up XR6Ts in peace :)

----------------------------

Updated, interested expressed by:

Duncan

Dan

Carlo

Dominic

GSR13s

Fatz

B-man

Red900ss

OzGTR97v and Zane

Gonad Man

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes you only need a level 2s licence:

I dont think Id go for sticky tyres next year, Im going for better tread for the skid pan stuff (Save $1,600)

The best way to get sponsors is to contact companies that you do business with. Dont expect someone that does not know you to give you money, esp not speed shops tyre co. etc. I prepare a package with pictures of my car and send them to people in charge of Companies that I know.

In return for their tax deductible donation they get framed pictures of *their sponsored race car*. I ask for $1,100 per sponsor, which covers them for all the events I do each year. I can normally get $5,500 to $7,700.

I also split the entry fee and accomodation down the middle as after all they are using my car, wheels, tyres, petrol, consumables etc. Strangely enough my co-drivers always seem to be able to wring more out of my car than I can. (Other peoples cars go faster syndrome)

Definitely very keen!

I taped this years event on sunday just gone, My mate Richard got a fair bit of airplay, giving him shit about the whole 'mums car' thing heheh..

Already got co driver lined up too...

Cheers Jono

Hey guys!

Fatz is already frothing at the mouth over next years Dutton. The enthusiasm is infectious! I think I've caught it!

I've just gotta find some people stupid enough to sponsor me and someone stupid enough to co-drive a bloody WRX. Any takers..........................thought not! :bahaha:

Seriously though I'd love to be there in 2004. I'm getting plenty of practice in on the skid pan!

Cheers,

Ben

Duncan,

That is the wrong form... it says 4th-6th June 2003

Can you please send the right one?

LOL

Dan.

Nads,

If you need a co driver then I might be stupid enough... never drivin a hyundai though... :confused:

Dan.

Hey Guys.

Good news, the organisers have confirmed we there will be a RWD 6cyl tubro class as long as ther are 6 entries ;)

On the other hand, I guess I'll have to enter my shiney new race GTR in class A :headspin:

Oh, and interest list updated in first post :)

I shall ask the other half... she has been know to have a blast in the skyzer at times. If not I'm sure I can convince my sis!! means that dad and I can share one car without causing conflict!