SAU Community

N1 Oil Pump - Epic Fail

Rezlo

Well, once again.......

I am still at a bit of a loss when it comes to these 'Nitto' pumps.....

Where are they made ?

Who makes them ?

Who is Nitto ?

Info is in short supply. Website ? Manufacturer Info ?

This is almost as bad as trying to get a Vipec dealer to post a price in public :thumbsup:

For the amount of pumps that have been sold around here....SOMEONE must have asked some questions ?

How about I make up my own.......

Nitto=CRD brainchild. CRD=Jun AUS.....Nitto Pump uses Jun OEM housing and 'custom gears'.........Nitto RB Stroker 75.7mm crank=Jun Crank........

Nitto=Jun 'jobber parts' thrown together outside of Japan ?

I WILL BE HAPPY TO DELETE THIS IF I AM WRONG.

you can get a jun pump for bout $1300 but a tomei i just paid $1830 for one

iv hear a few jun pumps breaking, but iv searched and searched even asked tuners engine builders

if they have had tomei pump break but none

they are the strongest pump on the market and i think there worth the price tag if you wanna put your mind to ease

This is almost funny now.

No-one is willing to set the record straight about Nitto ? Provide any REAL INFO ?

Fact: 5 people have bought these pumps recently and although I know Dirtgarage is a very respected member of this forum, please tell me it was simply NOT a case of purchasing them because 'he said so'.......

Building this motor is difficult enough, once you get to the bottom of all the BS on the internet and people's opinions. I want an indestructable Pump. This Nitto 'sounds' great, but I want more info.

I will use Canadian Pricing and Canadian availability for my comparison that follows:

Nismo - $1050 CAD

Jun - $1200 CAD

Tomei - $1600 CAD

Nitto - $1330 CAD ($1400 AUD Shipped)

$1.00 CAD = $1.05 AUD = $0.92 USD

http://www.xe.com/ucc/

One thing I can't get over is the fact that, although this pump might be good value in Australia, everything is so expensive here compared to North America, I wonder HOW INFLATED the price of this Nitto Pump is by comparison.

You guys pay nearly $600 for N1 Pump (we pay $300 on a bad day), over $2200+ ($2950 from JustJap) for Tomei (we pay $1600 CAD tops).....and this can't simply be an Exchange Rate/Money Market thing, because it doesn't add up !

So, can I buy this Nitto pump out of Japan or is there a 'Real World' price for it that is NOT based on simply being a Tomei 'market' competitor ?

Edited by JD74

as long as you dont smash the limiter you will be fine

heres one with gears broken

http://www.gtr.co.uk/forum/104505-n1-oil-pump-tomei.html

have a look around on the site you'll find more, and race pace had a couple break gears due to limiter bashing

i only got the tomei one cause im paranoid and a dry sump setup for me is over kill

lol I bought a nitto pump because paul told me to, no other reason. I would have bought a link/vipec too but until recently it had not been proved in applications where 4th gear was required....seems it can handle that OK after all.

of course since then it has survived 2 major bearing failures and all it has needed is a good clean.

as for long term durability...considering its been on the market for less than 6 months its a bit soon. I recommend coming back in 3 years and asking again. by then I will have plenty of info as I run my engines very hard in the race car and I have 2 of these pumps on 2 motors

I honestly don't understand your concern? almost every product on the market was built in a chinese factory to copied specs, has a brand stamped on it, and is for sale. these pumps have not been on the market long, so the only factor for me is do they look like they have address some design issues....to me the answer is yes they have done some thinking so I'll give them a go.

If you want a tried product just run an n1 pump they have been around for years (and like I said earlier I don't beleive they are some sort of engine death sentence.)

my main concern is i cant afford to spend 10k on a engine rebuild every time a pump decides to shit it self, i'll spend $1800 now and it may save my motor,

i may not require a tomei pump but atleast iv got piece of mind

im not saying nitto pumps are shit they seem good value for money.. but my aim was to make my car as reliable as i possible can for a street/occasional track driven gtr without going for a dry sump setup

If the Nitto pump is the best, I want it - simple as that.

The secrecy though, surounding it's origins, is really starting to bother me.....

CRD could have easilly jumped into this thread and set the record straight, but alas....NOTHING.

If the Nitto pump is the best, I want it - simple as that.

The secrecy though, surounding it's origins, is really starting to bother me.....

CRD could have easilly jumped into this thread and set the record straight, but alas....NOTHING.

What secrecy?

Just because you can't find them in google, doesn't mean anything good or bad about them. You now know they are from CRD, how about you send them an email or a PM on here, or even get the time zones right and call them.

and for the record, I have one on my engine because Paul recommended it. We had a look around for the tomei or jun pump at the time but with the exchange rate, they were too expensive. Looks like a good choice so far for other people.

There is no such thing as a bullet proof component. If you are worried about your engine failing then don't drive a car or just baby it around. There are things you can do to help give you peace of mind, but at the end of the day there is a chance that something may fail.

that....or you could give them a call and ask? 02 9648 4264

ali-turko...I firmly beleive that the only good oil system for a semi serious to serious track car is a dry sump pump. only 2x the cost of a full on standard style oil pump but far, far safer.

but for your average build that sees a track or drag strip every now and then just go n1

It's funny you should mention N1.

Currently the fastest Street Car R32 GTR in Canada (as the cars are very new to us) is running 9's on an N1 pump ......

Has been this way for over a year and he drives the crap out of it. He ran 10's all last year, then just started running 9's with it recently and all I can say is WOW.

I am far too much of a worry'r to run an N1 pump, even on a stock engine....lol...as I have held a broken N1 pump in my hands (not mine).