SAU Community

Swaybars

I'm not sure honestly. However when pushed really hard on a down hill corner at a decent speed it will start to understeer mid corner. When driving at normal speeds into corners it is absolutely fine, only when pushed very hard. This could be due to wheel allignment, the car being to low, my driving method or the front swaybar being too big. So i'll play around with it a bit more, i just kind of wish i got the adjustable ones now. I just want it to handle as good as that 370 :)

My rear is the 22mm fixed. These were the part numbers that Sydneykid wrote in the group buy.

Fair enough! After you installed the bars, did the handling balance of the car change a lot? ie was it more oversteery before whereas now its more understeery as you have described?

Do you still have to worry about oversteer or is it predominantly understeer now?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Umm before it used to understeer more than it oversteered. Now it seems like it takes a lot more speed for it to understeer. It is definetely better than it was on stock swaybars, but i would still like to dial out the understeer. Once i play around with everything else and still find it does still understeer when pushed hard i might get the adjustable 24mm front as i want it more neutral.

I know R33's understeer a lot since they have a lot of weight up front, but im sure you can get them balanced nicely with a bit of work. Hell comparing how the car handles now to how it did 3 years ago when it was stock makes it seem like a completely different car.

Edited by PM-R33

You need to get the adjustable sway bars for sure, Set the rear harder to promote oversteer, if your still getting understeer soften up the front swaybar. Having the right alignment settings & good tyres helps too. :D

ive just installed front adjustable white line sway bar with linkages with good results. just about to order the rear one now.

do you think the linkages (rear) have much additional value or just the rear sway bar be good enough by itself ??

i installed my front one today and i must say handling is great , best bang for bux

also did my Castor bushes while i was at it

i got to get onto my rear one :D

does anyone know if rear whiteline sway bar comes with the linkage bushing as well?

Iirc the selby/whiteline swaybars come with links for the rear and you have to reuse factory front links.. I just had 22/24 (F/R) adjustable selbys installed a couple of weeks ago and honestly I can't notice much difference. Yeah slightly less body roll but that could be due to harder whiteline springs I put in it as well.

I don't push it hard as it's a daily so maybe that's why I don't notice much ... but the new slightly stiffer (than stock) springs feel a LOT better over bumpy roads..you can still feel the crap roads but it feels more controlled. I was expecting worse ride quality as I lowered it another 2cm (355/345 now F/R) now and put stiffer springs in but the ride is actually better

i can notice it on mine :) i run coil overs tho and 330/320 f/r so its low :bunny:

noob question.....does anyone know if sway bar bush can be installed any way?

as in where the cut is to fit over sway bar, does the cut need to go towards front or back of car?

i don't think it would mater but better if i ask lol

24mm front and 22mm rear is the best choice for a street R33, if you got the adjustable bars then even better.

Ive had a set in the garage for about 3 months, should get around to installing them to see what im missing out on lol

i have seen on whiteline website the 22mm is x heavy duty is this any different to 20mm heavy duty ones? other than size of course

you should definitely install them , corners become more fun :)

so no one knows size of stock ones tho? i think front ones 20-21mm and have no clue about rear

swaybars sizing reff... click me :bunny:

Ok i asked the place i bought the bar from and found out what holes to use. But i got under the car tonight and found that i couldn't get to one of the bolts that holds down the bracket the bushes sit in. The is a rod that sits right under where that bolt is. Is it safe to unbolt and move this rod out of the way?

Ok i asked the place i bought the bar from and found out what holes to use. But i got under the car tonight and found that i couldn't get to one of the bolts that holds down the bracket the bushes sit in. The is a rod that sits right under where that bolt is. Is it safe to unbolt and move this rod out of the way?

Which holes did you use? Mine has 4 holes on each side on the front bar, the standard link can only reach the two softest ones (ones towards rear of car). Are you using the standard links? How many mm thick is your bar?