SAU Community

Is the a-LSD option definately supported by the PFC? I had a quick look at the applications list at the Jap website using babelfish for a translator. It doesn't mention any specific exclusions so i'd assume so. do s1 and s2 r33s use a different pfc?

gtrs have a different power fc to the gtst. its the same diff from the vspec.... hmmmmm interesting...

i too have alsd ;)

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NISMOGIRL!  Thanks chickie!  any info would be appreciated! :D

Merli: You don't read do you!!!!  I said i had no problems when my stock ECU was in...and the only times i have the alsd light on is when the powerfc is in...which is why I am saying its a powerfc problem!  Plus I know the alsd ecu is seperate to the powerfc...but its all feeds back into the powerfc...well..this is what i have been told...basically i've checked stock ecu...its ok...alsd ecu...its ok...tps....its new and perfect!  the missing link?  powerfc!! Plus i recall a convo we had on thursday over the cb where i said i had another powerfc and i was going to test it this weekend!  sheesh!  whats with the attack!  I'm just trying to see if anyone else has had the same problem and what they did to fix it!!!

rb26: How did you diagnose with your stock ecu?  is this by checking the flashing light on the alsd ecu?!  I did that while the powerfc was in, and it was indicating the tps needed changing...i changed it...the problem is still occurring and still telling me the same thing! :cheers:  When the stock ecu was in, there was no problem indicated...

Hi,

Just to add my two cents worth to your conversation.

I don't know yourself or Merli, but when you spoke (a few posts ago) about not having a problem with your original ECU I was under the impression that you had installed a Power FC and never swapped the original ECU back into your car to make sure the Power FC was the issue. I think Merli was heading down the right track...

This is the thing that I can't work out Moanie, why have you checked the ALSD computer and TPS (don't know what TPS is) if you knew there were no problems with the original ECU?

I'm not having a go; just from reading your posts on this subject it doesn't seem very logical...

BGDave - That url is blocked for me! :cheers: The wiring has already been checked for the powerfc, but not the stock ecu...would there be a difference?!

Hehehe...sorry Andrew...my bad! you know i'm always looking for advice, i wouldn't post if i wasn't!!! Expecially with this problem!!! :D

Basically I put in a powerfc and as i had a slipping clutch, i had it semi tuned at the same time. From the first the a-lsd light has always come on...don't know why. When the light on the dash comes on, the alsd ecu will flash a code. The code pretty much said there was a problem with my TPS. I got this changed and the light still comes on, still saying theres a TPS problem. So I swapped out the powerfc for my original ecu. My new clutch went in at the same time. The problem doesn't occur with the original ecu!! Now the powerfc is back in with my alsd light on and i have no idea why. Like you said in your troubleshooting list, the fault has been narrowed down to being with the powerfc...but whether the powerfc is faulty or the light just likes being on, i won't know till i swap in another one.... ;)

GarageJunks - I changed it only cause i thought that the powerfc picked up a problem that the original ecu did not. I'm hoping its just the light being happy without any actual problems...

The active LSD on some GTSs uses a signal from the ECU like the GTRs do and i don't think PFCs have this function but as of now the Wolf plugin dose.

A clever electronics person could modify the TPS signal to send the inverted signal to the ADCU.

What exactly does the A-LSD light mean??? My A-LSD light has only ever come on when I was on an uneven surface and I went to accelorate to get up the drive and the car kinda went into spastic mode and the ABS and A-LSD came on and stayed on until I turned the car off and turned it back on.

My slip light comes on all the time when ever I loose traction.

Moanie, does your slip light still work as well?? or is it just the A-LSD light??

I'm a little confused :cheers:

Hmm...gotta investigate this wolf plugin....thanks steve!

NismoGirl - Yeap...slip light still works fine...thats something!! :cheers: The way i understand it, alsd just transfers power between the two wheels when you lose traction...Not sure why your alsd and abs light comes on...i do know that the alsd ecu also controls the abs...

And yeap...alsd light only comes on and stays on when theres a problem...unlike slip which comes on when you lose traction then goes off again...

• 5 months later...
The active LSD on some GTSs uses a signal from the ECU like the GTRs do and i don't think PFCs have this function but as of now the Wolf plugin dose.

A clever electronics person could modify the TPS signal to send the inverted signal to the ADCU.

i have a 93 R33 gtst with A-LSD and a wolf 3d plug in and the the a-lsd light comes on, dont know why but it shits me. i had troubles with the light coming on with the standard ecu but had that fix. now with the wolf it comes back on. I have noticed that when i start the car i can hear the lsd pump run for a few seconds then stop and the lsd light then comes on the dash. Ive been thinking of getting rid of the diff and just putting in a standard viscous lsd but unsure if it will fit and use the same drive shafts etc? or if there is some way of using a switch to lock up the clutches in the diff when i want them?

does anyone know a good mechanic that would know anything about that a-lsd system that could help with my problem?

i might try getting back to wolf and see if they can help.

oh and r33vit i think we met on the weekend at wsid, we were gonna race but we didnt end up getting to so i had to race a vx ss and got my arse smoked cause i stuffed up my launch real bad. ohwel next time

If the A-LSD is anything like the Traction control in the R34, when the thing goes a little troppo and the lights all stay on, it's a problem with your ABS sensors, as they are the signals for slip or not slip.

Happens to me everynow and then.

Happened once when I was putting on a bit of a smoke show......

BASS OUT

I think it is like traction control....my light STILL comes on!!! :) And i've noticed it happens everytime i lose traction....so a nice launch at light with a lil sideways, and the light is on!

It could be linked with the ABS sensors, cause i know the a-lsd and the ABS are run off the same computer (located in the boot)...but i don't know how those wires could get crossed.....my guess is still that its due to the uncompatibility between the pfc and a-lsd....

Hey OFENSV...let me know if you find a mechanic! :) though maybe its better to look to a tuner?

The ABS still seems to work fine and the ABS light is not coming on.

So Moanie you are saying ur a-lsd light is on all the time and the slip light is still coming on when you lose traction. does it feel like it is still working?. I noticed mine will spin both wheels in a straight line but if i try and whip it into some circle work it just goes to a single legger. I took it to the drags and in the burn outs every time apart from once it smoked both wheels.

The ABS still seems to work fine and the ABS light is not coming on.

So Moanie you are saying ur a-lsd light is on all the time and the slip light is still coming on when you lose traction. does it feel like it is still working?. I noticed mine will spin both wheels in a straight line but if i try and whip it into some circle work it just goes to a single legger. I took it to the drags and in the burn outs every time apart from once it smoked both wheels.

Yeap...my ABS works fine...no probs! not that i've tested it often! :(

Pretty much!!!! It more comes on with wheel spin, which in turn causes my traction loss...after wheel spin, my a-lsd light will come on...and stay on till i turn the car off and leave it for awhile....so that kinda makes sense with what you're experiencing...i can't wheel spin in a straight line...i always move sideways and fishtail around....

anyways...when my a-lsd light comes on, the puter at the back that controls it flashes a signal...which is telling me that my tps needed to be changed...i changed it and the problem still occurs.....

As for the slip light...i have seen it come on when i've lost traction in the wet....but i don't notice that light often...i only notice a-lsd cause that stays on....

I think maybe my diff is not working, cause i have been told that only one of my wheels spins during burnouts/launches....

Sounds like this is a common thing with plugs ins.

The computer needs a throttle signal as an input to decide what to do with the diff.

The A-LSD computer probably expects a signal to come to it in a particular way, and if it doesn't come in the correct form, then it faults.

Mine doesn't have active LSD, just traction control (standard on R34s) but I would make the assumption that it works the same way. I investigated the PowerFC and its ability to still enable use of the traction control before purchasing. It does work fine apparently.

Mine goes a little silly every now and then but I know what the problem is (frayed wire going to ABS sensor in front left guard).

When the sensors or computer get confused, they go into a limp mode and switch off the offending function and inform you via the lights so that you know the behaviour of the car will be different.

I can reset mine by switching off the car, leaving for a little while and starting again.

I hope this helps.

BASS OUT

Yeap...my ABS works fine...no probs!  not that i've tested it often! :(

Pretty much!!!!  It more comes on with wheel spin, which in turn causes my traction loss...after wheel spin, my a-lsd light will come on...and stay on till i turn the car off and leave it for awhile....so that kinda makes sense with what you're experiencing...i can't wheel spin in a straight line...i always move sideways and fishtail around....

anyways...when my a-lsd light comes on, the puter at the back that controls it flashes a signal...which is telling me that my tps needed to be changed...i changed it and the problem still occurs.....

As for the slip light...i have seen it come on when i've lost traction in the wet....but i don't notice that light often...i only notice a-lsd cause that stays on....

I think maybe my diff is not working, cause i have been told that only one of my wheels spins during burnouts/launches....

so your a-lsd light doesnt come on straight after the car is started? mine comes on straight away and doesnt flash any codes or anything