SAU Community

Car Starts When Cold... Dies When Hot !?!?!?!

SimpleGTS-T

hey guys, i have bit of a problem with my r32 gtst, (RB20DET).. When i start my car cold.. it runs very well...idles at @ 1000RPM... then after 6 mins... idles drops to about 750- 800RPM.. and run rough.... then @ 11mins, the engine hunts between 100 - 1000RPM.. then stalls ( at running temp.. about 60 degrees)... i try start the engine agian then idles up to 1000RPM then stall straight away.... my dads a mechanic and we have tried everything... replaced all the vaccum lines.. checked all the intake piping... 

possible ECU problem??? or something electronic??

i would love some help guys... cheers... im running these things in my car too

## Microtech 3 Bar Map Sensor 

##Microtech LTX-12 Engine Management System 

##Microtech 4-Line Handset

##Greddy Profec B spec II Boost controller

cheers. Jamie

hey I was going to say the choice of computer was the issue too :thumbsup:

a common problem when hot is the ignitor on the back of the motor for the coils, are you still running it? If so change it for a known working one and see how you go.

Is the microguess install new? you have to be careful with injector and coil settings, you can burn things out pretty easily by getting them wrong

hey,

Moodles.. Thx for the reply... i shall try get my hands on a stock ECU .. but tht might be hard..

Duncan.. Thx for the reply... i am really new to cars and my old man is new to the jap car scene aswell.. we had a read thru the micro tech programming book.. and we think when the car is hot its not getting enough fuel wen the choke is turned off... or something like tht.... ummm also we tried programming it with the hand piece and .. "murphy's LAW" the hand piece doesnt work... or it will not do what the book says =/..... thx for the ideas...

also i dont know is the microquess install is new.. and the coil packs in my car arent stock they were changed out to "Bosch HEC715 Ignition Coils "

cheers guys, Jamie