SAU Community

Return & R34 Gtr A Cautionary Tail.

COPYME AGAIN

can someone pm me said workshop and guy who did it? i think i have an idea but dammed if i can put a finger on it!

unlucky to hear mate.. hope all is working in your favour now!!

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wow, hard luck story right there, definately sucks to hear. Unfortunately scum like this bloke continue to operate in all industries of our fair country.

glad to hear its all sorted now :D

btw, its "paid", not "paided" :P

PS, could you shoot me a pm with the businesses and mechanics name? thanks ;)

Yes my spelling was off was more concerned to make my typings coherent FAIL :D

can someone pm me said workshop and guy who did it? i think i have an idea but dammed if i can put a finger on it!

unlucky to hear mate.. hope all is working in your favour now!!

I will PM however, I wish to avoid any possible negative impact to innocent parties. I'll just point out that I have the up most respect for Marks workshop, I have never heard of anything but positive feedback in regard to any work completed there.

The mechanic has not worked there for several years and any works he completed while there I'am led to believe were to Marks very high standard. If I need anything done in SA I will be taking my car there and recommend others to do the same.

Edited by COPYME AGAIN

Haha, saved your bacon with that last sentence bud......sorry to hear of the heartache and pain to the hip pocket.......unfortunatly a comfortable living and young age aren't always a good mix......wisdom tends to come later.

and a big here here to presumptions about people's expendable income.

I remember seeing COPYME in Hindley St once - with P plates... and thinking WTF lucky bastard!! Well maybe you weren't that lucky after all, very interesting read and would certainly make me think twice if I ever wanted to spend big dollars on my car.

Wow, that's some seriously scary shit...totally agree with Pete's observations on the matter too.

I dunno about you guys, but if some scumbag fobbed me off with cheaper parts that I know I'd paid for, I'd be hunting the son of a bitch down...

At the very least you should go to the police and report him for fraud/misrepresentation and ask that they spread the details to all states and request an arrest warrant when he touches back in Aus.

He can run, but he can't hide.

-D

cops won't touch it Ben.

Civil matter therefore they'll tell you to take him to court yourself

Any transaction which results in a loss of capital regardless of source involves the police on the fundamental basis of misrepresentation

I have a case against a dickhead in NSW who was supposed to supply me with an SSD for my eee 901. Its taken 2 months to progress from SAPOL to NSW police, but progress is being made.

Cops will touch it, however your success rate depends on a load of things - I would have preferred to attack via the accc/consumer affairs but since the guy running the website doesnt advertise services in nsw, the nsw ombudsman cant do a damn thing.

Consumer affairs are largely castrated when it comes to matters of the internet, thats why they refer it to the local police under the statute of cybercrime. local divisions report it to cid in the city who then run prelim investigation and then forward on to the local authorities

i doubt i'll see my money back, but if i can get the bugger fined, or his website taken off the net then I'll be happy.

And yes, I am a vindictive pos.

-D

yeah goodluck with that Ben but at the end of the day, it's still a civil matter and cops will do bugger all for you.

Only way you'll see any retribution is by personal summons bud (and hope he shows up), then hash it out before a Magistrate.

If he doesn't show up by the way, the Magistrate will more than likely rule against him, but even then you still have to get the dosh from him.

It'll end up costing you more time and money than it's worth.......and you'll probably have to travel interstate to get him before the Magistrate.

i think you spend 180k on a car youre already know ur gonna lose a bit of money, hence its not about the money, but more the enjoyment and excitement and pride of building and owning such machines. and its sumthing that sum moron should not be able 2 take away from you so easily. frustrating and eye opening experience but good to see that it hasnt stoped you from building cars mate.

yeah goodluck with that Ben but at the end of the day, it's still a civil matter and cops will do bugger all for you.

Only way you'll see any retribution is by personal summons bud (and hope he shows up), then hash it out before a Magistrate.

If he doesn't show up by the way, the Magistrate will more than likely rule against him, but even then you still have to get the dosh from him.

It'll end up costing you more time and money than it's worth.......and you'll probably have to travel interstate to get him before the Magistrate.

But its Fraud. Fraud is qualified via several different checks, including misrepresentation (which is the basis for most criminal claims).

Its not investigated by police unless you are out of pocket.

In my case, Im out of pocket $240. The amount is irrelevant, if you lose money via a transaction, it can be investigated by police and if sustained, elevated to criminal charges. I agree that police don't have anything to do with civil suits, however we do have a minimal level of protection in regards to people who enter into a business agreements in a 3 stage part - a) they advertise a good or service b) consumer decides to enter into transaction and hence pays advertiser moneys. c) goods or services do not match quoted item.

In this case, he has purchased goods himself and had them shipped to said mechanic. Said mechanic is under the legal obligation to explain what happened to n1 block and why engine was not built with n1 block. the fact a single piece of hardware has not been accounted for is basis for fraud.

It can be done. I'm not saying it'll be cheap, but say that you're on the dole and someone rorts you - you have legal aid automatically and it wont cost you a damn thing to pursue the matter. Otherwise you talk to a lawyer that works for percentages and test your luck.

Im not saying there are any golden rods of justice, however if you dig deep enough there are always avenues to pursue.

-D

But its Fraud. Fraud is qualified via several different checks, including misrepresentation (which is the basis for most criminal claims).

Its not investigated by police unless you are out of pocket.

In my case, Im out of pocket $240. The amount is irrelevant, if you lose money via a transaction, it can be investigated by police and if sustained, elevated to criminal charges. I agree that police don't have anything to do with civil suits, however we do have a minimal level of protection in regards to people who enter into a business agreements in a 3 stage part - a) they advertise a good or service b) consumer decides to enter into transaction and hence pays advertiser moneys. c) goods or services do not match quoted item.

In this case, he has purchased goods himself and had them shipped to said mechanic. Said mechanic is under the legal obligation to explain what happened to n1 block and why engine was not built with n1 block. the fact a single piece of hardware has not been accounted for is basis for fraud.

It can be done. I'm not saying it'll be cheap, but say that you're on the dole and someone rorts you - you have legal aid automatically and it wont cost you a damn thing to pursue the matter. Otherwise you talk to a lawyer that works for percentages and test your luck.

Im not saying there are any golden rods of justice, however if you dig deep enough there are always avenues to pursue.

-D

Just like communism some things seem great in theory however when applied to a real world example things are never black and white there is a great big grey area where most things lie.

After obtaining legal advise after the fact there is very limited criminal legal recourse, even in an absolute police state such as South Australia. If legally it was decided by the courts that there existed a case to answer, what are the chances of prosecution obtaining a conviction? Even so that would not change my outcome nor would I have been compensated in any form via the system. Another concideration for me was a person who would be concerned with that outcome would not have operated in that matter if he valued his reputation.

Long story short SLED is completely correct in his viewpoint.

i think you spend 180k on a car youre already know ur gonna lose a bit of money, hence its not about the money, but more the enjoyment and excitement and pride of building and owning such machines. and its sumthing that sum moron should not be able 2 take away from you so easily. frustrating and eye opening experience but good to see that it hasnt stoped you from building cars mate.

It was more than that, I just believe you should get what you pay for and at the standard described, Life is a learning experience and I have made gains because of the incidents.

I now have my parts sent to my home and do as much of the work myself as possible I find I appreciate my toys alot more this way and the build. :laugh:

-D

OT, but whenever u have spiel Ben, i look forward to reading the extremely insightful final sentence :laugh: Kinda like the guy from CSI: Miami.

Haha, saved your bacon with that last sentence bud......sorry to hear of the heartache and pain to the hip pocket.......unfortunatly a comfortable living and young age aren't always a good mix......wisdom tends to come later.

and a big here here to presumptions about people's expendable income.

every one is saying that viewpoint it correct.

utter BS

"big here here to presumptions....." what presumptions?? more like presumptions that some one "wise" would step in and offer some guidence in the matter

Im shocked that while plenty ppl, such as friends/family & fellow enthusiests, knew you were outlaying big money for a car project no-one stood by and wisely pointed out things from a different perspective.

meh a fool and his money is soon parted

OT, but whenever u have spiel Ben, i look forward to reading the extremely insightful final sentence :D Kinda like the guy from CSI: Miami.

Yeah I talk a lot of shit after getting on the bourbon lols

-D