SAU Community

Help - ATTESSA's gone Mad - After fitting 19's on GTR

Guys,

I just put some 19's on the GTR R33 they are:

Rear - 275 x19

Front - 245 x19

And now, the front torque gauge is fluctuation around the middle, regardless of speed. The only time it doesn't move is when I am off the accelerator. Also when I am cruising on the freeway the car sort of surges back and forth...

What can I do?

You need the same size tyres all round... doesnt matter what size, as long as all 4 corners are the same.

I have the same size tyres on mine, and the rear ones are worn out more than the front, and on the way home down the highway it was doing that surging thing like you said. That should give you an indication of how sensitive it is.

You gotta remember that essentially, what the ATTESSA system is doing is monitoring the rotational speed of all 4 wheels. If the wheels are rotating at different speed, the computer "thinks" one (or more of the wheels) is slipping and will start transferring torque. The system is designed to cope with small variations (such as natural tyre wear, or turning a corner etc) but when you start fitting different sized wheels and/or tyres front and rear the computer get's well confused!:)

It's best to keep all 4 wheels and tyres identical. Plus the added bonus: you can rotate the tyres every so often and maximize tyre life...

On R33 GTR thge right fitment on 19's are 275/30/19 front and rear. Also the wheel width is 19x10 front and rear. You can lower is as low as you want and it will never scrape on the provision you have the right wheel offset. So buy wheels accordingly for a GTR not just cos its 19inch.

Originally posted by usuckpoo

U could also turn the 4wd off and u'd avoid the torque fluctuation problems....

Then why bother getting a GT-R?

Only if you remove the front prop shaft (from transfer case to front diff). Pulling the fuse puts the car into limp-home mode (on 33s).

Very nice wheels :D I'd be reluctant to take 'em off and replace with originals. It might be worth trying putting the rears (with 275's ) up front and testing to see whether you're gonna have problems with it catching the fenders. If not, then you know you can go out, get another set of 275's and run that size at all four corners...

Very nice car BTW! ;)

What if your front ones are worn and rear ones are new..?

Is that mean the torque will keep staying to the rear always?

You need the same size tyres all round... doesnt matter what size, as long as all 4 corners are the same.

I have the same size tyres on mine, and the rear ones are worn out more than the front, and on the way home down the highway it was doing that surging thing like you said. That should give you an indication of how sensitive it is.