SAU Community

Yellow Stickers

Hanaldo

Hey everyone,

Got pulled over by cops 20m away from my house of all places, real nice guys, just pulled me over because the light above the license plate had fallen down. He wasn't sure about my exhaust so wanted to write me out a yellow sticker just to get the exhaust checked out, but he had run out of paper work, so he called some 'experts' to come have a look and bring some more canaries. Took 45 minutes for them to get there which was a load of crap seeing as they were coming from Midland and im in Glen Forrest, they were driving the new XR6 Turbo, more high performance vehicle than mine, and then they started picking my car to shreds.

Here is what i got done for:

GTR Spoiler = aftermarket

Eyelids on the headlights = illegal apparently

Xenon headlights = also illegal apparently

Gauges on dash = worried about the size (52mm)

Exhaust = aftermarket

Handbrake needs adjusting? Meaning?

Pod filter = needs permit

Unhappy with the amount of wire in the engine bay?

The most serious one is the previous owner cut away the bumper when he fitted the body kit, so i need to get the bumper re-fabricated which probably means my front bar wont fit anymore, so i need a new front bar as well =[ So much f**king money.

Anyway, does anyone know which of these things will actually be a problem? I imagine that the bumper being cut is definitely not going to pass? Anyone know where i can get this redone, and how much its going to cost me?

The first cop that pulled me over was a real nice guy, he gave me two weeks to get everything fixed, plus he lied on the paper work about what time he pulled me over so that i would have more time. At least not every cop in the business is an idiot.

Thanks for any help guys,

Martin

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Take it straight to a licensing center for evaluation and see what the inspector says.

When I was first done for a lickie I was written up for a shitload of crap and the inspector gave me a permit for everything but one item.

The cops don't know shit about ADR's, they're more interested in giving you a hard time.

Thats farken ridiculous

Barely any of that shit is illegal.

I got done for blue led park lights, fair enough but seriously? I had the spares right in front of him and could have changed them then annd there.

Yeh i had to stop myself from laughing when he said the eyelids were illegal. Im worried about the exhaust though, i have a 2.5" cat-back with canon tip, do you know if i will have to do that dreaded IM240 test? Also the bumper would definitely be illegal

Dont touch it, as stated above take it exactly as is to the licensing centre, explain to the pit inspectors your doubts about what the cop told you and get them to give you a new list (pretty sure you still get 2 inspections for the one pit fee?)

Anywhoo, if you go there cap in hand full of politeness, the inspectors will be a lot easier to deal with, and in my experience, when you go back the second time, most inspectors will just go over the list you got the first time and check that stuff, rather than going looking for more.

Oh, and AFAIK the strut brace is entirely legal. Std fitment on a lot of cars, including the stagea.

only thing i see as a problem is that the zenon/hid lights are illegal unless they are self cleaning and auto adjust

hey might have been legal in japan but australian ADR's are different

Here is what i got done for:

GTR Spoiler = aftermarket lolwat??

Eyelids on the headlights = illegal apparently not sure on this one but surely they can't be that bad?

Xenon headlights = also illegal apparently If it's just the globes then yes, also the headlights need to have their own wipers for those cars that originally come with xenon-style lights

Gauges on dash = worried about the size (52mm) Be fine if they aren't above eye-level or in a head impact zone

Exhaust = aftermarket Unless it's too loud it shouldn't be a problem

Handbrake needs adjusting? Meaning? Is it loose when you pull it up? Or need to pull it right up to engage? Workshop should be able to adjust it easily if you need to anyway....

Pod filter = needs permit As long as it's secure you don't need a permit for it...

Unhappy with the amount of wire in the engine bay? If anything I'd say it's linked to the xenons, but as long as it's all secure & not going to get caught in anything moving, again it shouldn't be an issue. Wires are fairly easy to hide anyway

The most serious one is the previous owner cut away the bumper when he fitted the body kit, so i need to get the bumper re-fabricated which probably means my front bar wont fit anymore, so i need a new front bar as well =[ So much f**king money. You mean the reinforcement bar?

The first cop that pulled me over was a real nice guy, he gave me two weeks to get everything fixed, plus he lied on the paper work about what time he pulled me over so that i would have more time. At least not every cop in the business is an idiot. He's not that much of a nice guy if he pulls you over for an easily replaceable globe, then calls up for more cops to come out to look at the car instead of just informing you to replace it :) 2 weeks is pretty standard for "defects" like that, as none of them are very hazardous to you or anyone else.

Thanks for any help guys,

Martin

The only ones there that I think may be illegal are

1. eyelids - apparently distorts / blocks the lights

2. Exhaust - grey area...they will check emissions/sound

3. xenon - if not OEM...then definately illegal.

4. airpod - illegal. Apparently it alters emissons.

Well the first cop only pulled me over to see if he could fix the light hanging down, its just then he noticed the exhaust so he wanted me to get it checked out. He was about to let me go because the other cops were taking so long to get there, but they pulled up as i was getting into my car.

So the HID's are illegal? Gay, i emailed the WA police before i bought them to make sure, and the reply said they were fine, not illegal, it was just recommended that you dont install them on cars without washers/wipers because dirt can get baked on. Stupid theory anyway, i clean my headlights once a week and they are crystal clear, washers/wipers are just a wank feature

I dont think they'd look to much into the reinforcement bar if your front bodykit is covering it up, my friend had his reinforcement bar cut for his front bumper and he made it pass the pits without them checking it out. Main one you should look at is the exhaust, is it loud? if it is just borrow someones silencer and the pod. make sure its secure

Edited by SexycanI

yeah if reinforcement bar is on the list, then they will deff check it so time to borrow someones stock reinforcement bar for a day.

Lol, anyone?

Is it actually possible to just borrow a reinforcement bar? if its been cut, wouldnt it have to be welded? Anyone keen? :)

And if i actually get pulled for the reinforcement bar and they say i need to sort it out, does anyone know what i can do about this and how much its going to cost me?

Why would you cut the reo bar to make things fit :)

Almost everything on that list is perfectly legal.

Exhaust may be iffy

HID's are illegal

Cut reo bar would be illegal but if its just your bumper then its perfectly fine.

Maybe the eyelids.

Thats about it.

Edited by Gdekwant

Im not worried about the HID's, i still have the original halogen bulbs so i can put them back in.

Exhaust i wouldnt think is too loud, its only a 2.5" cat-back, although the canon tip may cause problems. Anyone have a silencer i can borrow if they dont like it? Stupid, imports get busted for exhausts being too loud, and all these Excels driving around with their fart canons dont get a second glance, not to mention V8's.

I have no idea what the cop was talking about with the reo bar, so i dont know what the problem is going to be. Real nice gift from the previous owner that one.

Would the eyelids really cause a problem? If they think the eyelids block out that much light, then they should see my car at night haha, they definitely are not a problem. If i have to take them off then so be it, but seems pointless to me