SAU Community

Yellow Stickers

Hanaldo

Man if a cop tried doing me for stupid shit like that I wouldn't be able to help myself.

I'd be a total smart ass and tell him how f**ken stupid he is, and ask him to go sit in his car and read the ADR's while I wait for the little f**khead.

Do they realise how much time and money they just cost you? I'm assuming you did nothing wrong at all.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Wow, you got raped!

As others have said, take it straight to the pits and see what an actual pit inspector has to say.

If the inspector thinks that a lot of the list is bullshit, then make a formal complaint against the issuing officer.

Edited by bubba

Did the cop point out anything about the reinforcement bar?

What suburb are you in and someone who is close and knows what a reo bar is can come see if it's cut at all. Anyway, why would it be cut.. to get an after market front bar on? Who the hell makes a front bar that doesnt fit over stock reinforcement bar :P

Yeh i didnt do anything to get pulled over, as i said the first cop just wanted to see if he could fix my light. It was the 'experts' that came to have a look that bent me over the table. If the first cop hadnt run out of yellow stickers, i wouldnt have got anything. They didnt even put the things on the list that the first cop thought i wasnt allowed to have!

Cop didnt show me the reinforcement bar, he just spent ages pointing it out to the 6 other cops at the scene lol. Why so many? Im in Glen Forrest, near Mundaring. Anyone near me willing to come have a look? I suppose im gonna have to take it to the pits anyway and if it is ok then they will tell me, but it would be good to get someone to come look at it before i go and get done for other things too.

I was thinking if the inspector says the list is a waste of time then i want to make a complaint, but it isnt the issuing officer i want to make a complaint about, it is the so called experts that came and told him what to put on the list. All the issuing officer did was sign it, he actually apologized to me after, saying he thought they would just come and check out my exhaust. So thing is i have no idea who the officers were that actually pulled me up for these things

sorry i'm not really helping you out here.. but it's of similar topic

i just noticed on my rego renewal paper, it states under "conditions" that the car is an imported vehicle and does NOT have to comply with australian design rules, and does not require a compliance plate... it's a bit weird..

Edited by ohno1

sorry i'm not really helping you out here.. but it's of similar topic

i just noticed on my rego renewal paper, it states under "conditions" that the car is an imported vehicle and does NOT have to comply with australian design rules, and does not require a compliance plate... it's a bit weird..

How old is your car? and was it a nissan special order such as the Austrlian deliver R32GTR? that could be the reason as i had a mate with a VR4 years back under the 15 year rule and that had it stated too.

First up, yes as people have said HID's are illegal unless they were factory fitted and released by the manufacturer with the car (hence complying with the ADR)

Pod filters are NOT illegal unless they are not bolted/bracketed down, then you have issues

Reinforcement bar, yes, if it is cut, you're in trouble. It's considered one of the main structural parts of the car, if it's altered, have fun

Exhaust, don't have to worry about IM240 testing at all in WA yet, hasn't been considered and hasn't been implimented at all however if it's too noisey I think they can get you on excess noise for it, bit grey on that area but apart from that, the copper sounds like a twat.

Unless a police officer is holding you for a legal reason (in this case he was, sort of) or charging you with something, you don't have to hang around at all, you can leave whenever you want.

Know the in's and out's of the legal system you can get away with blue murder :P

As the guys have said, take it over the pits, be nice, the guys will likely have a laugh at the list and pass you (except for the xenons, not sure about the eyelids)

dude easy way is to pay for an engineers certificate bout 300 bucks he comes over opens your bonnet has a piss poor look ,then checks noise level reader and if its too loud like mine was ,he just stepped back another 30 ft and gave me the a o k, then take the papers down to the ignorant pricks at the dpi and firmly jam it straight in hairy, unprofessional , unappreciated, asshole,,,they love it

after spending 16grand on my car , week later ,house raided,and then following week snickered for my boot strut not staying up and too noisy plus calling him a wanker didnt help either.

it took me 6 months to get my licky off ,so 6 times without report from engineer failed

Then got engineers report and wankers knocked me back for the emissions test not carried out due to the dude told me it would never pass so he left it out, so i thought faark em ill try one more time and if it didnt pass i was gonna burn out my back tyres in their workshop,, then out of nowhere the boss of the cock squad at dpi came out and peeled it off ,

taking into account i got 4 inch all way through ,screamer pipe ,gtr wing and no cat , no licence and drove in at 355pm just before he shut shop... WoRk ThAt OuT .

then copped another when missis went for spin ,she showed em papers and they showed her my bald tyres and yes yes got that lovely decal window feature again,

i hate dpi with a passion so if need some papers and willing to jam it up their cockhole ill give u this dudes number and the good part is if u dont pass u dont pay him, till u do,,

just when u think their faarkin u ,,their probably still f**king me, feel for you dude and good luck :D:D

Exhaust, don't have to worry about IM240 testing at all in WA yet, hasn't been considered and hasn't been implimented at all..

Have you not been reading the thread about emissions testing?

Lol wow abdul, i think ill see what the inspectors say first =P

I have been following that emissions thread quite closely, which is why i was worried about having to do the test seeing as i have an aftermarket exhaust =\

from my experience,

i got yellowd and work ordered, i had a 2.25" on a freekin lancer,

the cop pulled me over cos i turned my neons off,

he said my exhaust is too loud, and that my neons arent regulation ones...

my exhaust failed, blew 102decibals, i got a temporary silencer put in, ran over the pits and passed.

the pod filter isnt illegal, its only defectable if it isnt secured down to something, the wiring needs to be also secured, and in some kind of hosing, to get passed the wiring part i just ripped it all out (only neons and spotties anyways)

the only reason the spoiler would have any problems is if it does not have an eye level brake light, if you have one on the inside of your car your fine.

when i did get the sticker the license guy went through everything, i didnt get the RWC cos my rolling diameter was out by a shit load, (had 17s fitted to it, came with 13s).

I sense a lot of anger from you abdul.

yeh sorry bout the anger, going to court tomorrow and have had a c%^t of a time with the legal system and their stupid ways of making our life that little bit harder,,true

and all we want, is to see our cars capability for wat we spent alot of money for ...

AND IF U EVER UPGRADE TURBO DONT TELL THEM ON THE MOD CERTIFICATE OTHERWISE U REQUIRE AN EMISSIONS TEST <<if they notice which is rarely, say u forgot or get them to distinguish the difference because thats how u bought it

but about emissions test the engineer told me that skylines just pass it but if turbo is upgraded ,ur pretty much f%#kt ,plus a test is about $1000 bucks or so he mentioned too, like he said but, if an engineer has passed it and u have relevant papers from dpi which the engineer send them after about 2 weeks max they have to pass it because they dont have the qualification or equipment to do it themselves..

or let ur mamma take it over pits for u and tell her to dress up ,titties out

Yeah thats cool abdul it sounds like you've been f**ked around, so you were planning to take your car to the track?

I got my mum to take my car over the pits with a low cut top. She didn't pass first go.

Have you not been reading the thread about emissions testing?

As far as I am aware it has not been passed yet.

Eye level brake light if you have an aftermarket wing? Bloody hell that's really stupid, since when did people ever look to your parcel shelf/wing for a brake light? They're on the ass end of your car on the sides already ffs! I can understand the "must be lower than the roof level" rule though, anything that high is just bloody stupid :D

Edited by stormtrooper