SAU Community

Texi Wrap Up Thread

evil_weevil

The voices in my head have been telling me that for years! :laugh:

Top day people! The first two sessions I was in it for the fastest lap time, but after I realised I had a bit of a problem remembering the course layout as well as a little bit of a power/suspension/skill disadvantage I decided to slap on the Stagea rims and rip skids! Never have done a skid pan event before, but I can truthfully say I prefer it over a drift day, all the sideways action without the stone chips :P

Looking forward to being a menace at the next Texi :(

Cass man, you were doing some awesome 180 degree turns around the end of the "Race ya mate" track.

Looked impressive watch you come out of the and just have to hold opposite lock for so long!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

In that case :P

37 Reece McIntosh 3 4 68.35 1 27.28 5 10.16 19 30.91 1

26 Gerrard Sasson 4 3 68.6 2 26.44 3 10.07 18 32.09 3

36 Zane Robertson 1 6 69.25 3 28.29 9 9.41 10 31.55 2

9 Duncan Handley 2 5 72.89 4 29.43 15 9.37 9 34.09 5

I just couldn't give evil weevil the satisfaction of a MXfail winning a Skylines Australia competition :laugh:

i agree those pics are tops, next time i'm going to hassel ian to take pics of me every run i do..... one pic isnt enough lol

IMG_3741.jpg

Now thats what i was talkin about.... SR20 POWAH!!!!!!!!!!!! I really couldnt get the power down put fark me thats some noice licorice strips....

Oh and as promised here is the vid to back it all up!! Enjoy

PM me with an email address if you would like Desktop size versions or full-res shots for prints. :laugh:

Ian YES YES PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ian - Fantastic stuff! Thanks for the great shots of my my Great White Whale (hehe).

Are you going to be doing the Thursday run? Can I get you to bring GD2ILA photos on a USB or SD if you are?

Again - thanks a lot.

I got a quick question?

How come I didn't get a time on the go to whoa?

And was Jason Griffin there on the day?

Yep you won overall by 0.25s :laugh:, oh wells, if only I didn't lock up on my last go on course 1 and wedged the stop box cone in my front bar, would have done a 26.09 I think (its 3 seconds for a cone right?), practice makes perfect, next time =D

In that case :D

37 Reece McIntosh 3 4 68.35 1 27.28 5 10.16 19 30.91 1

26 Gerrard Sasson 4 3 68.6 2 26.44 3 10.07 18 32.09 3

36 Zane Robertson 1 6 69.25 3 28.29 9 9.41 10 31.55 2

9 Duncan Handley 2 5 72.89 4 29.43 15 9.37 9 34.09 5

I just couldn't give evil weevil the satisfaction of a MXfail winning a Skylines Australia competition :laugh:

=P just imagine how quick you'd be if you drove my MXfun though.... =P

Thanks to all the people who contributed and organised the event, even though i turned up late, it was awesome to watch.

I took a few videos and joined them together for your viewing pleasure. I had to put a soundtrack over the movie as i had 3 kids with me that always said something in the video... examples are;

"why is that black one not as good as the white one"....hmmm.

"dad, take a movie of me"...

and my favorite, my 9yr old son, "when i get a skyline, it's gonna smash yours".

anyway here is the video -

Thanks again guys, lunch was fantastic and the kids loved their SAU hats.